02-07-12 06:44 PM
154 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Then cancel it and come up with a lame excuse. Finally bring it to market (insert length of time here) and wonder why people are miffed.
    Miscarriage... Lol just joking. You guys are funny. I'm receiving my replacement this week and i'd love for it's virginity to be popped by OS 2.
    auditman likes this.
    02-05-12 10:03 PM
    Miscarriage... Lol just joking. You guys are funny. I'm receiving my replacement this week and i'd love for it's virginity to be popped by OS 2.
    Ur funny hehehehehe
    02-05-12 11:58 PM
    In this video CEO Thorsten Heins clearly says that users will be able to download OS 2.0 in END OF FEBRUARY. I don't think its going to release on 7th.

Research In Motion's New CEO Thorsten Heins - USATODAY.com Video

(Check at 8:00 minutes)
    It could be my ears, but I believe I heard Thorsten say BY the end of February?
    02-06-12 12:23 AM
    If its your ears than its both of our ears because that's what I heard too. Question:When was this aired?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    02-06-12 12:35 AM
    And you believed everything Thorstein says?

Just kidding ;-)

Hope RIM announce an official date for pb os2 release @ devcon Europe.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    02-06-12 02:48 AM
    If its your ears than its both of our ears because that's what I heard too. Question:When was this aired?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    I hate that once again we blackberry users are reduced to analyzing the very grammar of comments and clips to try to figure out what is going on but such is life for us I guess.... but you are right. By the end of February, the key word being by and not at or on, means the release could fall on any day between this very second and February 29th at one second before midnight. So therefore dates such as Feb 7, 17, 21, 23rd, etc are all valid candidates.

My pessimism, however, with RIM leads me to believe that Thorsten was following in his predecessors' footsteps and simply playing it safe by giving such a broad parameter of a time frame. Boy do I hope I am wrong, but for a few years now translating everything rim says using a pessimistic or worst case scenario filter has actually resulted in accuracy.
    webmeister, ericlc2 and Sesami like this.
    02-06-12 05:20 AM
    I hate that once again we blackberry users are reduced to analyzing the very grammar of comments and clips to try to figure out what is going on but such is life for us I guess.... but you are right. By the end of February, the key word being by and not at or on, means the release could fall on any day between this very second and February 29th at one second before midnight. So therefore dates such as Feb 7, 17, 21, 23rd, etc are all valid candidates.

My pessimism, however, with RIM leads me to believe that Thorsten was following in his predecessors' footsteps and simply playing it safe by giving such a broad parameter of a time frame. Boy do I hope I am wrong, but for a few years now translating everything rim says using a pessimistic or worst case scenario filter has actually resulted in accuracy.
    Agreed. It will come when it comes and it will be this month. RIM has no choice, particularly given the fact that the February date, itself, was a push-back date from a previous promise and the new Grand Poo-bah himself made the pronouncement. I will let others press the "Check for Updates" button and will be pleasantly surprised when it comes out.

This update also requires changes in the RIM NOC infrastructure, so it's not just an OS update. I'm willing to be patient, and hope/pray that RIM gets it right the first time. There are a lot of brilliant people working at both RIM and the QNX subsidiary and it will be worth the wait.
    02-06-12 09:14 AM
    I hate that once again we blackberry users are reduced to analyzing the very grammar of comments and clips to try to figure out what is going on but such is life for us I guess....
    Exactly. I thought information was going to be better relayed to the customer, but right off the bat, it isn't. I can't imagine why it's so difficult to nail down a date. Set the date and release it. They have no trouble setting deadlines for the developers, which means they clearly have a date in mind, so just announce it. Announce February 29th if you want to and we'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes the 21st, but considering all the vague deadlines that we were given before that weren't met, to get another is just silly.

Then again, when you're sitting at the top and the tech media hangs on your every word and has nothing but praise and kind words for you, I guess you can afford to be secretive the way Apple is. Oh wait
    02-06-12 09:32 AM
    RIM could also play the Apple game... where they stay silent and have a giant unveiling and then release it a week or two afterwards. Then we would have to rely on rumours and such.
    02-06-12 09:41 AM
    This from Alec Saunders on twitter:

@BrianCatton I don't think we promised an update at DevCon. Anyway, it's still baking so not yet.
    still baking yet....

... still working on it on the first week of the month it is suppose to be released on?

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

Not a good sign...
    02-06-12 09:51 AM
    I've heard no plausible theory for the 17th release date everyone speaks of, definitely going to be released by then.
    Dev con, new ceo wanting to send a message (releasing product early to the beta testers of the pb), create a buzz before the retail release. Plenty of good reasons imo, everyone who got the PB at launch, we know how long it was before the rest of the world saw commercials for the PB? Pretty sure the only people buying playbook at launch were the members of crackberry lol, we are getting 2.0 first.

RIM has been telling this date to large customers.
    02-06-12 10:01 AM
    I could have sworn I saw 2/21 somewhere, but I'll be dipped if I can find it. Anyway, wait for a bridge app update - that's usually a harbinger of a big PB drop.
    anon(2757538) likes this.
    02-06-12 10:23 AM
    I heard from a super reliable source. ( My friend's third cousin from his best friends sister's boyfriend's little brother's mom's second husbands brother)

That feb 7th is a positive confimation of a firm maybe.
    02-06-12 11:27 AM
    STOP THE BUZZ

Email today from RIM to attendees (I am) @ DEVCON Europe

[...]
    When you pick up your BlackBerry PlayBook, you'll have the option to choose from one of two devices:
    • A 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook with the latest publically available BlackBerry Tablet OS
    A 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook featuring a Developer Beta version of PlayBook OS 2.0*

* The Developer Beta version of PlayBook OS 2.0 contains support for developers to test their applications against the following runtimes:
    • Runtime for Android™ Apps
    • Adobe AIR 3.0
    • Native API 2.0
    • BlackBerry WebWorks™
    Please note: the Developer Beta version of PlayBook OS 2.0 is intended to allow for testing of applications, but it will not include any new end-user features.

If you choose a BlackBerry PlayBook featuring a Developer Beta version of PlayBook OS 2.0, you will be required to sign a Beta License Agreement before receiving the device.

[...]

I'll take the 1.0.8.xxx, as Mine is already OS2.0 beta.

Back to normal.
    kennyliu, 9of13 and speedypear like this.
    02-06-12 11:29 AM
    Lets not put too much pressure by so much speculation. Let it take its time and be perfect rather than early and buggy.
    02-06-12 11:59 AM
    Less than 12 hours to go!!!

Imma check every 5 minutes from here on in.
    BB.Forever likes this.
    02-06-12 12:04 PM
    less than 12 hours to go!!!

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    vic1928 likes this.
    02-06-12 12:40 PM
    hmmmm can't find the words.... "prepare for disappointment"

if you're going to check for updates, you might go on your phones App World and continually refresh until you see an update to Bridge... then once you have that, go crazy on the check for updates button on your playbook.

WEEEEEE!
    02-06-12 03:30 PM
    I hope so . Who do I need to kiss to make it happen? hehehe
    auditman likes this.
    02-06-12 04:38 PM
    Less than 12 hours to go!!!

You mean you weren't checking every 5 minutes already. I can hardly get any work done I am so busy checking for updates
    02-06-12 04:40 PM
    Mr. Thorstein hehehehe
    02-06-12 05:08 PM
    It's not so much who as it is where...
    02-06-12 05:12 PM
    Here you go:
    alan510 likes this.
    02-06-12 05:37 PM
    I don't see the tomorrow being the big day, my money is on the 17th!
    02-06-12 07:10 PM
    It's got to be the 7th somewhere in the world by now...
    02-06-12 07:15 PM
154 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD