The 7th would be nice, but I don't think thats going to happen. Why would that site get the release date and not the #1 Blackberry site .....CRACKBERRY. Not unless Kevin is holding out
    buffandsweet33 likes this.
    02-05-12 06:40 AM
    you never know! i know many have been having issues with the update servers due to them being down. Could it be 2.0? Guess we will just have to wait and see
    02-05-12 06:44 AM
    you never know! i know many have been having issues with the update servers due to them being down. Could it be 2.0? Guess we will just have to wait and see
    "many" is "some", actually ... but even if OS2 isn't rolling out Tuesday 7th, RIM has to prepare the rush ... and this can lead to servers unavailability ...
    02-05-12 06:55 AM
    I think the sites name should be BerryFICTION. The 7th.... nope. Not with the Android/other devs being given til the 13th to get their 2.0 apps in.
    good point.
    02-05-12 07:28 AM
    "many" is "some", actually
    That was just stupid to say! I haven't seen the same amout of people posting that they can get updates as oppose those who can't within the last 24 hours. Also not everyone who ones a BB products runs on here when they are having a issue. It was reported that RIM was having server issues.
    bjemiller likes this.
    02-05-12 08:19 AM
    probably because of people like me spamming the update button
    sorry rim :/
    02-05-12 08:49 AM
    This what caught my eyes.

"We do believe we have an official release date for the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0! Yes you read that right. No names will be revealed but our sources are some of the very best. So there�s that."

Of course we take this with a grain of salt. Hehehehe
    A huge grain of salt. In fact, mae that a 4-foot high salt lick like you find in a horse pasture.

You will find a whole lot of other piles of release date speculation all over the place there, too... *ahem*
    02-05-12 09:29 AM
    Here is my thought. IT WILL HAPPEN,WHEN IT HAPPENS!
    02-05-12 09:33 AM
    If that's true, RIM must be out of their mind. They should announce the release date in advance with a great fanfare and hold a huge release event on the date.
    Probably missed the "1" in front of the "7".... a calculated "mistake" that brings a lot of new visits to the website - and make more money to the host....

Put the 17th down in your calendar instead...
    02-05-12 09:34 AM
    as everyone else i can not wait, i didnt do the beta 2.0 (well i did and would rather wait) i just feel that when it happens it happens
    02-05-12 09:44 AM
    patiently waiting for the upgrade with buddy clown fish.... keep on swimming....
    02-05-12 09:46 AM
    All of this speculation about the release date of 2.0 reminds me of husbands and relatives waiting for the birth of a child. As the due date gets closer, the tension and anxiety rise.
    When the doctor sets the expected date, there is (or was) a 2 week window around that date. I'm reminded of episodes from 'I Love Lucy' when she was expecting. Ricky was on pins and needles waiting for any little sign.
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm standing by, ready to boil water
    Last edited by oldtimeBBaddict; 02-05-12 at 10:13 AM.
    peter9477, FF22, jafobabe and 3 others like this.
    02-05-12 10:05 AM
    All of this speculation about the release date of 2.0 reminds me of husbands and relatives waiting for the birth of a child. As the due date gets closer, the tension and anxiety rise.
    When the doctor sets the expected date, there is (or was) a 2 week window around that date. I'm reminded of episodes from 'I Love Lucy' when she was expecting. Ricky was on pins and needles waiting for any little sign.
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm standing by, ready to boil water
    Excellent point. I'll go tear some sheets...

OS 2.0 is definitely a baby... even the parents don't know for sure when it's going to arrive. It will happen when it happens!

Unlike a pregnancy, however, we do know when labour is scheduled to begin: February 17 (the internal scheduled target). That doesn't mean we'll see it pop out the same day though... expect the delivery to take at least the weekend, and maybe till closer to the end of the month.
    02-05-12 10:20 AM
    The article reads:

Hello world of BlackBerry, rezn here this is our first of many posts titled �Beryfication Exclusive News & tidbits.� Every week ending we will throw this post up. Hopefully instead of keeping all the dev news to myself we can begin to share more with the world every week!

We do believe we have an official release date for the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0! Yes you read that right. No names will be revealed but our sources are some of the very best. So there�s that.

The first little tidbit is about Kisai Labs very popular Twitter client for PlayBook � Blaq! Since the last version [1.6.0] hit BlackBerry App World, Jerome & Co have been working very diligently to bring some awe-inspiring features to the PlayBook tablet. We�re not going to ruin the surprise. But a couple features we�ll let you know about are:
    *TweetMarker � this is a feature that place a very attractive blue ribbon on in your timeline to bookmark last tweet across Twitter clients. and the other feature is
    *Portrait View � this is a great addition, one of the most popular new features users have been asking for. There�s plenty of cosmetic changes and oodles of new treats, some better than you can imagine!

Next up is Cocky Culture. I�m sure your all familiar with the name. Tony & Co are behind many classic themes including our own exclusive Berryfication theme. Lately Tony has been working on some awesome applications (read: games) for iOS and BlackBerry PlayBook. The first game is..
    *Pocket Ninjas - Your Ninja Lair is under attack! Too bad for them you�re the baddest Ninja there is. Swipe your finger across the screen to hack and slash your enemies while dodging shurikens, ditching Geisha, and ducking bad Sushi! This game is already available for iOS now here, and will be coming to the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet post OS 2.0. The other game is already 20 levels deep, and will hit the PlayBook first!
    *Love Birds � Not all birds are angry! A physics based game I�m working on. Hopefully drops sometime in February! Actually Tony did let me know he hopes for a VDay release, even if the game only launches with the 20 levels that are ready to go! Pretty darn cute and fun mechanics! See the YouTube video of Love Birds for BlackBerry PlayBook here.

The third treat we have for you is about the BlackBerry PlayBook ..Well PlayBook tablet OS 2.0 [official]. There�s a lot of talk about it launching soon. I�ve been scouting around, listening carefully and can�t help but notice how little BlackBerry exclusive apps have come out lately, even the BlackBerry Beta Zone has been a ghost town. This is great news actually! I think RIM is pulling all resources into the PlayBook and the official release date will be..
    **BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 � February 7th, 2012.

This is according to what some very good resources are telling us. Seems like they would wait for Valentine�s Day the following Tuesday. But I think we�ll all be okay with this date here. What do you think?

Stick around Berryfication.com, we will continue with these posts every week with more exclusive news & tidbits!
    -rezn out!
    Can't wait.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-05-12 10:22 AM

OS 2.0 is definitely a baby... even the parents don't know for sure when it's going to arrive. It will happen when it happens!

Unlike a pregnancy, however, we do know when labour is scheduled to begin: February 17 (the internal scheduled target). That doesn't mean we'll see it pop out the same day though... expect the delivery to take at least the weekend, and maybe till closer to the end of the month.
    Actually, this means labor would be induced on that date.
    I'll see you in the waiting room while I'm pacing and smoking (back to the 50's)
    peter9477 and buffandsweet33 like this.
    02-05-12 10:24 AM
    Actually, this means labor would be induced on that date.
    Oh, you can bet that Feb 17 is when labor will be induced. I expect some all-nighters, lots of cussing, and Thorsten will swear this is the last time he lets Mike and Jim get anyone this pregnant...
    02-05-12 10:32 AM
    Probably missed the "1" in front of the "7".... a calculated "mistake" that brings a lot of new visits to the website - and make more money to the host....

Put the 17th down in your calendar instead...
    You know that is just twisted enough to be true. And when Feb 7 comes and goes without fanfare, berryfiscation already has its excuse in the bag... "Oops, silly us. That was a misprint...."
    02-05-12 10:34 AM

I'm in scrubs - Cesarean Section, anyone!
    02-05-12 12:21 PM
    All I know is... I can't wait for the release of OS 2.0 lol
    02-05-12 12:24 PM
    Here is my thought. IT WILL HAPPEN,WHEN IT HAPPENS!
    Exactly my thoughts.
    02-05-12 12:56 PM
    I'm in scrubs - Cesarean Section, anyone!
    Get the cigars ready.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-05-12 01:10 PM
    OK, I've got a (potential) theory:

Of course the 17th is the big relaunch of the Playbook product, updated with the 2.0 OS. And, yes, for the sake of THAT date, Alec Saunders wants as many new apps as possible.

Even given that, what would stop RIM from dropping the update on us current owners this week? We don't care that much about how many apps are available (clearly, or we wouldn't have bought a PB to begin with). The update would be finalized by now. One might even argue that it could generate buzz in the lead up.

Even so, I'm more inclined to believe that the date quoted on Berryfication is a typo and they really meant the 17th.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    02-05-12 01:13 PM
    OK, I've got a (potential) theory:

Of course the 17th is the big relaunch of the Playbook product, updated with the 2.0 OS. And, yes, for the sake of THAT date, Alec Saunders wants as many new apps as possible.

Even given that, what would stop RIM from dropping the update on us current owners this week? We don't care that much about how many apps are available (clearly, or we wouldn't have bought a PB to begin with). The update would be finalized by now. One might even argue that it could generate buzz in the lead up.

Even so, I'm more inclined to believe that the date quoted on Berryfication is a typo and they really meant the 17th.
    I don't think so. Given that RIM needs as much positive PR to lure app developers, releasing 2.0 before the deadline for devs to make changes and submit for approval might ruffle some feathers.

There are too many of these types of speculation threads right now. Not that it's a bad thing though. I'm glad to see the positive turn in the type of posts here and the enthusiasm for 2.0.

I predict that 2.0 will come in February. I don't really care which day. It's closer than it's ever been.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-05-12 01:22 PM
    I don't think so. Given that RIM needs as much positive PR to lure app developers, releasing 2.0 before the deadline for devs to make changes and submit for approval might ruffle some feathers.

There are too many of these types of speculation threads right now. Not that it's a bad thing though. I'm glad to see the positive turn in the type of posts here and the enthusiasm for 2.0.

I predict that 2.0 will come in February. I don't really care which day. It's closer than it's ever been.
    I'll agree that it isn't likely, and I won't rely on a single report from a site I've never seen before.

But... I'm having trouble seeing a downside for RIM in releasing to existing PB owners this week. It would take a lot of load off the update servers, and, yes, I think it would generate buzz.

RIM wants a higher volume of apps for the relaunch, sure, but I'm having trouble seeing the harm in having lots of users already migrated. Maybe an "optional" update as opposed to a pushed one?

Again, I don't see anywhere near enough evidence to support this notion; I wouldn't bet a nickle on it happening. But I will hit my update button tomorrow.
    02-05-12 01:41 PM
    Well isn't it Feb 7th somewhere on the globe right now? If it was OS update day there wouldn't the forum be buzzing with PB owners there saying how they were downloading OS 2.0? My bet is Feb 17th, or maybe that's what I am hoping for.
    02-05-12 02:19 PM
154 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD