You must be joking...are you acctualy comparing iOS to QNX multitasking? Haha don't be delusional, iOS is pathetic in multitasking, QNX isn't even at full potential yet and it already beats iOS. Just wait till developers have had time to work with NDK2 and then well reevaluate the sittuation again.
    So exactly what does this so called. advantage of QNX achieve for me? I've heard of the potential millions of times, will there be a point this potential is realized or it will just end with "potential"?

many people here are delusional and can't even see the fact straight. iOS as an OS is a multitasking OS and already running many system services simultaneously, and even at application level multitasking is available. it employees different models depending on the needs for applications and try to optimize for power consumption, which is the area iPads are still very strong against all new competitions.

Also, I asked for specific use for true multitasking on full screen tablet environment. the truth is there don't much and it really depends on apps. Do you realize most people use multitasking in Windows PCs mainly to switch tasks without restarting apps?
    03-11-12 09:21 AM
    So exactly what does this so called. advantage of QNX achieve for me?
    Below are not 1, not 2 but 30 ways QNX touches your life:
    30 Ways QNX Touches Your Life
    03-12-12 03:01 PM
    Its amazing how much more RIM is now with the addition of QNX.
    03-12-12 03:08 PM
    Have you ever actually done any work for QNX environment? The link you provided has nothing to do with QNX in RIM's PB.
    03-12-12 04:47 PM
    Have you ever actually done any work for QNX environment? The link you provided has nothing to do with QNX in RIM's PB.
    Actually it does. Speaking as a developer knowing that my embedded QNX app in the hardward could be natively accessed by a QNX tablet means that I can develop a faster, more secure means of command and control. RIM owning QNX (which is not going anywhere) means that QNX and RIM both benefit in terms of development for both their phones and their embedded systems leading to long term profitability.

QNX in OnStar is a Trojan Horse of the Good kind for RIM, RIM and GM are leveraging OnStar in to as many vehicles as possible and they are expanding into the direct sales channels for all makes. QNX benefits RIM via each sale they make
    04-03-12 07:25 PM
    Actually it does. Speaking as a developer knowing that my embedded QNX app in the hardward could be natively accessed by a QNX tablet means that I can develop a faster, more secure means of command and control. RIM owning QNX (which is not going anywhere) means that QNX and RIM both benefit in terms of development for both their phones and their embedded systems leading to long term profitability.

QNX in OnStar is a Trojan Horse of the Good kind for RIM, RIM and GM are leveraging OnStar in to as many vehicles as possible and they are expanding into the direct sales channels for all makes. QNX benefits RIM via each sale they make
    As discussed many times, RIM owning QNX has nothing to do with lateral integration of two environment to a wider scale. QNX tablet communicating natively with embedded systems running QNX does not bring any benefits unless the embedded system was designed from the ground up to work only with another QNX device. In today's marketplace such a move would be a suicide.

QNX bringing in revenue to RIM is a totally different discussion.
    04-03-12 07:41 PM
256 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD