Got PB today, upgraded to 2.0 and most of applications working.
    Quick question : it is currently attached to computer using USB but not charging, is it normal or it suppose to be charging when connected.
    11-29-11 12:29 AM
    it's supposed to be charging, but it will take a longer time when you use usb cable fom your pc.
    11-29-11 12:33 AM
    I imagine its probably like the iPad 2, if you want to charge it from your PC with a USB cable you need to do it with the screen off...

I could be wrong though...
    11-29-11 01:03 AM
    Yeah mine wasn't charging either when plugged into the PC
    11-29-11 01:06 AM
    If there isn't a lightning bolt, it means there isn't enough charge to effectively recharge the tablet and it may not even be enough to keep up with the power usage.
    11-29-11 01:08 AM
    Yup, it will take forever to charge using the USB cord and your computer.
    11-29-11 01:11 AM
    it be faster to charge using blackberry charger but not as fast as the original PB charger.
    11-29-11 02:21 AM
    I had forgotten - AT&T sells a CHARGE-ONLY cable and it works better than the normal data-charge cables. But as noted, the usb from a computer generally does not provide enough power to charge the pb, especially if the pb is on and working.
    11-29-11 10:14 AM
    I've ran into this as well. I use a self powered USB hub that helps a lot with other devices. Charging up on USB still takes forever but it does go up slowly when PB is on standby. I read somewhere that the PB has to be turned on to charge from USB. I find the OEM charge only cord that plugs into the data port to charge faster. I also have the quick charge stand and it works great for faster charging.I'm not a big fan of quick charging though and only use the base during the day if I'm running low for some reason. For overnight charging I use the OEM AC charger in hopes of extending battery life. Wondering if anyone else thinks the BB brand quick charger could be harder on the battery than the included chargers.
    11-29-11 01:26 PM
    Thanks for conforming it since other than that I really liked the tablet irrespective of so much negative publicity
    11-29-11 03:27 PM
    USB from a computer or a standard USB wall charger provides a maximum of 500mA. Your PlayBook charger provides a maximum of 1800mA, that's why the cable is permanently attached (don't want you using an ordinary cable that can't handle it).
    11-29-11 08:47 PM
    Only charges with the USB cable when it is in standby or powered off... The cable does not charge as quick as the unit uses energy
    11-29-11 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD