I have read numerous posts about people no longer being able to backup their Playbooks. Those people usually have tried suggestions from forum users (like turn off your WiFi, etc) without have the problem reversed. Those of you in the know have stated many any times on many many of these threads that BlackBerry is well aware if this issue. Nice to know and hope that this gets solved sooner than later.

I am one of those who used to backup their PB regularly until April’ish of 2012. At that point, and since, all I was get is the same error message. I am not big on apps and when it happened none were purchased after the last time a backup worked. I had a ton of music and documents and images on my 64Gb machine totaling up to ~35Gb at the time. All my Blackberry software (on my Mac, phone and PB) is and always has been up to date.

I am wondering if the BlackBerry Desktop Manager can’t handle backing up as much data as I have on my machine. The amount of disk space usage on my PB has grown since April’ish. Think I am up to ~40Gb. I can still back up my phone with its few apps, contacts and calendar.

Now with the statement “BlackBerry is well aware if this issue” in mind…….has anyone here had a change in their NOT being able to back up their PB status with the latest or prior BlackBerry Desktop Manager updates? Nothing has changed for me.
    Last edited by wellis1840; 01-16-13 at 09:58 AM.
    01-16-13 09:25 AM
    My last successful Playbook backup was 02/24/2012.

My Torch 9800 backs up successfully every time.

Everything is up to date.
    01-16-13 09:39 AM
    Simply, this is another of those issues that is really a PAIN IN THE A$$.

After I recently did a security wipe I was sure that I would be able to backup. NO such luck. In the Security Wipe I lost about 5 apps that had changed in price and I could not restore them.

Rim does not seem to take this issue seriously.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-16-13 10:36 AM
    Just successfully backed up playbook and 9780.

Malcolm
    01-16-13 11:09 AM
    I have had the same problem, unable to backup since Nov.2012. I recently spent several days, and made dozens of backup attempts which all failed. Only Application Data failed. Here is what finally worked. My laptop is XP PRO. It is set for Automatic Updates. However I went onto the Microsoft Updates Page and found out it only automatically updated critical files. It would not automatically update the Optional Updates. In my case it told me that there was 12 Optional Files to be updated. I downloaded and installed these files, also downloaded the latest BB Desktop Software. Rebooted the laptop and PlayBook and bingo, I have backed up Application Data several times since without problems.
    01-16-13 11:22 AM
    My last successful backup was so long ago that I can't recall the exact date... I think it may have been in Summer 2011.

I've tried several times since, and even tried fairly recently with a "freshly scrubbed" PB after restoring all the Apps from AppWorld onto a PB that had been replaced by RIM under an RMA. That has to be the near-perfect scenario for backup of a PB - just freshly restored (unopened) Apps and no other Data on the PB... and backup didn't work then either!
    01-16-13 02:22 PM
    My last successful backup was..............this morning. That being said, I never back up media though the Desktop Software. Manually backing up media is much quicker, less prone to throw a monkeywrench into the backup process, and maybe most importantly, if a restore fails, you don't lose all your media as a result.
    01-16-13 02:28 PM