Setup an email account on the PB and BB.

Sync interval set to 1hr.

Sent an email to this account to test.

The email arrived in my BB.

Launched the PB native message app, did the drag down and release to refresh. Nothing.

Refreshed a few more times and waited for 10 mins. Nothing.

Went into account settings and changed sync interval to push.

PB received the email.

Am i missing something with the sync interval and drag release to refresh method?

The reason i didnt want to set it to push is that i bridged my PB all day. Setting it to push will drain my BB battery.
    09-27-12 07:35 AM
    Yesterday I did a similar test. While that email arrived in Hotmail Webview and my bada Phone, PB didnt receive, despite of Push. Checked the account settings. Not the usual "connection lost" status message.

Rebooted the PB -> email was pushed.

One of the bad bugs I encounter all the time. I had few devices rrecenbt years that I had to boot that often to continue to work.

Ray
    09-27-12 10:04 AM
    Anyone else with such issue?
    10-01-12 09:05 AM
    bump with 2.1
    10-04-12 04:02 AM
    bump with 2.1
    You mean, you see the same issue after update on 2.1? Or something similar only (then describe)?

Ray
    10-04-12 05:03 AM
    You mean, you see the same issue after update on 2.1? Or something similar only (then describe)?

Ray
    Still having similar issue with 2.1. I wonder if it is a widespread issue.
    10-04-12 05:20 AM
    I'm having a similar issue, i get the notification light and message top left of playbook, if i press it and open the mail app the emails are not there. i try to refresh and nothing.

If i quit out of the mail app and re-open then they are there, or if i go to the mail settings and make a change then they appear.

It also has an issue that if the above is happening then when i choose to delete a message it wont show it as deleted until i re-start the app.

is unbelievably frustrating.
    11-28-12 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD