You know there's a lot of talk of Rim being doomed and all washed out. I just can't help to think that Rim is on the steady climb up.
    The more I look into auto qnx systems the more interested I am. One thing is for sure its not going any where any time soon.
    It'll be sweet if we can connect the qnx in the F150s with the PB. Bridged with a BB and using its internet/cellular service would create a whole new meaning to portable office. Using vlingo my truck could have jarvis too. Lol..
    05-04-12 08:14 AM
    It seems apparent to me that the PB was RIM's field test of QNX. They are learning from user feedback before they get the BB10 phone out the doors. RIM is not doomed yet though many people in North America seem to think so. When the guy next to me on my flight saw me with the BB 10 dev alpha, he asked me, "Isn't RIM going away?". He had an HTC in his hand.
    joski and bbfan1040 like this.
    05-04-12 08:24 AM
    Wait!! Is this a positive thread regarding RIM? I must be in the wrong forum. Seriously though, I agree QNX is a great looking OS with tons of potential.
    bbfan1040, Mr.Monty and Chrisy like this.
    05-04-12 08:48 AM
    Wait!! Is this a positive thread regarding RIM? I must be in the wrong forum. Seriously though, I agree QNX is a great looking OS with tons of potential.
    Shhhhh. Don't want to wake the haters. Let us have our peace for as long as it last lol.
    kozmo68, bbfan1040, joski and 4 others like this.
    05-04-12 08:53 AM
    better trot across that bridge quietly folks....
    05-04-12 09:02 AM
    The potential for QNX is enormous. And, as RIM owns it.......
    bbfan1040 and husainpatan like this.
    05-04-12 09:24 AM
    Cheerleaders are funny, they dance and sing even when their team is getting buried. Allow me to list some counterpoints:

- $11.75, the price of one share of RIMM as of this morning. This is the lowest it's been in +5 years. The high was +$140. Might be a good buying opportunity actually.

- The first BB10 phone is coming out in the fall... maybe even the same month as the iPhone 5. Which one will sell more? The quote goes, "If the BB phone rings in the forest, does anybody hear?".

- RIM is not innovating, they are copying. Did you see the phones they gave to develops at the BB Jam? With no physical keyboard and a large touch screen, looks just like an Android phone doesn't it?

- Will BB10 have Skype, Netflix, Kindle, Instagram, Pinterest, etc etc etc? Most users do not enjoy browsing on a 7". Like it or not, apps are the current and future driving force of tech. Everything forward will depend on apps, your watch, your car, your appliances, and even your future robot servant.
    omniusovermind and Bakamushi like this.
    05-04-12 09:38 AM
    trolls are funny
    just saying

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-04-12 09:55 AM
    Like minds. From an earlier post.

05-02-2012, 12:27 AM

rotorwrench
    CrackBerry Addict
    Device(s): 9930 9650 (Bold) Playbook 64g
    Carrier: Verizon

No kidding. The flow of open apps was pretty cool, as well as having so many open and gesturing through them in even a more intuitive way than the PB, if that's even possible.

I was just talking with another member about this and we don't believe people really have a clue about what RIM has done for themselves by obtaining QNX. We're talking about a VERY hardened, secure and powerful system that is used in the majority of cars, jet fighters, tanks, space stations, commercial aircraft etc..... Think about how desirable as well as practical it will be to own a RIM communication and/or computing device (PB) that will potentially integrate with an ever growing technology base that is used every day by consumers, business and industry. No other OS has that potential right now. And except for Windows, no other phone or tablet OS is a true, nor as powerful mobile computing platform as QNX and BlackBerry 10. I can't wait to see what the PB will morph into.

RIM has only tapped into the tip of the iceberg of what is has access to.

My opinion

05-04-12 10:16 AM
    Cheerleaders are funny, they dance and sing even when their team is getting buried. Allow me to list some counterpoints:

- $11.75, the price of one share of RIMM as of this morning. This is the lowest it's been in +5 years. The high was +$140. Might be a good buying opportunity actually.

- The first BB10 phone is coming out in the fall... maybe even the same month as the iPhone 5. Which one will sell more? The quote goes, "If the BB phone rings in the forest, does anybody hear?".

- RIM is not innovating, they are copying. Did you see the phones they gave to develops at the BB Jam? With no physical keyboard and a large touch screen, looks just like an Android phone doesn't it?

- Will BB10 have Skype, Netflix, Kindle, Instagram, Pinterest, etc etc etc? Most users do not enjoy browsing on a 7". Like it or not, apps are the current and future driving force of tech. Everything forward will depend on apps, your watch, your car, your appliances, and even your future robot servant.
    Point number one, I'm not a cheerleader. I'm in the game.
    Point number two, all you have is either a physical keyboard or virtual. Only two about it. If you mean rectangle and black yes I guess you can say it looks like an android oh wait is that? Why yea it is an iphone looks just like that too. Again not much you can do there.
    Point three get off your app bandwagon. Everything running a cpu is running off apps. Apps is short for applications. Which is programs coded to do a function. The PB has apps. Qnx can run apps.
    Nice of ya to give the stock tip of the day. So I wonder if the QNX stock is tied up in that Rim stock price. I just might need to jump on board of that. Want to talk about the future? You might want to leave the stock market app and open up your google and research where qnx auto techology is right now and where its going. And dont forget to look up who owns that QNX. As it looks right now QNX is the future for autos, watches, and smartphones. Ios and android is going to have to deal with QNX if they dont want to be left at home on the charging dock. What do I mean? Glad you asked.
    Point four this is the tablet forum there is a general BB forum for cell phones. But like you said thats dev models. Not released units. That not to showcase the unit but to show the os. I'm not looking forward to BB10. I'm content with bbos7. I'm watching here on out what QNX has in store for other things. Would be a kick in the if Rim removed the hand held smartphone. Put a PB as a head say in the home and/or office. Voice command tempture settings turning on and off things in the room. Have a phone call hands free. Dictate txt messages and email. Voice attach files. Command: attach file///pictures/having fun. Command: send. Crude? Yea just my example.
    We see demo cars in the high end with PBs in the head. Right this minute to get the web into the system you going to have to bridge it. But when the PB offers 4g and it stands alone. It brings gps, your media files on cloud, email, txt. Phone calls even second by second weather updates straight to the head. So why does Rim need to worry about everybody else?
    I'm telling yall, I talking with John Deere about putting QNX on tractors. I see myself waking up on a cold morning to the alarm on my PB and I hit the remote start app and my tractor starts up and gets warm while I'm brushing my teeth. *singing* How sweet it is to be not like you.
    05-04-12 10:19 AM

Thank you, I fully endorse your right to a dissenting opinion. Excellent points! Well written, and without any personal attacks or rudeness. I hope to see more and more posts like these and people like this on CB
    StanWiz and Barljo like this.
    05-04-12 10:26 AM
    Like minds. From an earlier post.

05-02-2012, 12:27 AM

rotorwrench
    CrackBerry Addict
    Device(s): 9930 9650 (Bold) Playbook 64g
    Carrier: Verizon

No kidding. The flow of open apps was pretty cool, as well as having so many open and gesturing through them in even a more intuitive way than the PB, if that's even possible.

I was just talking with another member about this and we don't believe people really have a clue about what RIM has done for themselves by obtaining QNX. We're talking about a VERY hardened, secure and powerful system that is used in the majority of cars, jet fighters, tanks, space stations, commercial aircraft etc..... Think about how desirable as well as practical it will be to own a RIM communication and/or computing device (PB) that will potentially integrate with an ever growing technology base that is used every day by consumers, business and industry. No other OS has that potential right now. And except for Windows, no other phone or tablet OS is a true, nor as powerful mobile computing platform as QNX and BlackBerry 10. I can't wait to see what the PB will morph into.

RIM has only tapped into the tip of the iceberg of what is has access to.

My opinion

So are you saying as the ice melts more and more will be exposed? I'm so excited. One thing I'm wondering is does Rim support and get paid for use of QNX in future military equipment? If so how could anybody feel Rim has a weak stock position? War and it's tools will always be staple and current affair. Rim the new "stark industries"? Really makes me think about things. I'm in no way worring about what that 4" BB10 cellphone will/will not be. Theres bigger things in the picture. Lol
    05-04-12 10:31 AM
    So are you saying as the ice melts more and more will be exposed? I'm so excited. One thing I'm wondering is does Rim support and get paid for use of QNX in future military equipment? If so how could anybody feel Rim has a weak stock position? War and it's tools will always be staple and current affair. Rim the new "stark industries"? Really makes me think about things. I'm in no way worring about what that 4" BB10 cellphone will/will not be. Theres bigger things in the picture. Lol
    You bet. Exactly what I'm saying
    05-04-12 10:41 AM

Funny you say that, QNX is already there
    05-04-12 10:44 AM
    Thank you, I fully endorse your right to a dissenting opinion. Excellent points! Well written, and without any personal attacks or rudeness. I hope to see more and more posts like these and people like this on CB
    SMH seriously? No personal attacks? On whom? Rim, me, CB members, Blackberry users, this thread, qnx, or just in general? For one he called us cheer leaders. Call rim a cooycat for building a black rectangle phone.
    There was no points in his post pretaining to the subject matter of this thread. CB has previded a place for this #general# rubbish.
    Since you don't get it nor this poster. The scope of this thread is beyound the cellphone and .99 apps. This is about moving thru the world in the future and Rim's part in it.
    homer1475 and joski like this.
    05-04-12 11:01 AM
    This is unfair and could be applied to every single smartphone manufacturer out there. What other form factor do you think they could really go with. It's either an all-touch device, classic BB with a keypad, or slider. Which one could they have gone with that would have absolved them of this criticism? Unless you know of another option currently available...
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-04-12 11:06 AM
    SMH seriously? No personal attacks? On whom? Rim, me, CB members, Blackberry users, this thread, qnx, or just in general? For one he called us cheer leaders. Call rim a cooycat for building a black rectangle phone.
    There was no points in his post pretaining to the subject matter of this thread. CB has previded a place for this #general# rubbish.
    Since you don't get it nor this poster. The scope of this thread is beyound the cellphone and .99 apps. This is about moving thru the world in the future and Rim's part in it.
    sorry, I have been shown the error of my ways, I only post peace and harmony to lovers and haters alike now.

/huggles
    05-04-12 11:07 AM
    RIMM made it very clear this week!

They will not be stopped from owning the finest software that can be developed.

The worst thing has already happened - it will take longer than Wall Street will accept.

This is the time to invest in the future - if you are patient and don't panic.

Management has been strengthened. Solid, measurable progress is being made. There are a few analysts starting to say buy RIMM.
    Apelles123 likes this.
    05-04-12 11:11 AM
    trolls are funny
    just saying
    No reflection on you... The troll-hunting season is open and I'm bored... I leave it for individual members to decide if they wish to try their luck.
    05-04-12 11:12 AM
    Can't we all just coexist....does it always have to be you against me, me against you, them against us, us against them....so on and so on. This is just tiresome...it's OK to own products from other manufacturers.....I personally don't think there's one product that's PERFECT......just my 2 cents......sheeez
    Bakamushi likes this.
    05-04-12 11:22 AM
    This is unfair and could be applied to every single smartphone manufacturer out there. What other form factor do you think they could really go with. It's either an all-touch device, classic BB with a keypad, or slider. Which one could they have gone with that would have absolved them of this criticism? Unless you know of another option currently available...
    Maybe one could build a phone that looks like a hockey puck?

BTW, the puck mouse by Apple failed miserably (though not in terms of sales.)
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-04-12 11:32 AM
    You know I am going to have trouble allowing a Verizon employee to drill into my skull to implant that next form factor phone!!!!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-04-12 11:58 AM
    If being hopeful that RIM continues to move forward with what they've presented and deliver what they've promised makes me a "cheerleader" then I guess that's what I am. I love my pb and my 9930. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. I'm pulling for a great future with Blackberry.
    Chrisy, rotorwrench and 13echo4 like this.
    05-04-12 12:04 PM
    What is right if there are no wrongs? What is good without evil? So for every cheerleader there must be a critic. Like they say, love is blind. So I ask you, whose eyes are glazed over with visions of grandeur? The person in love, or the best friend standing by watching a train wreck?

All the RIM support posts are the future this, the future that. Unless you work for the Psychic Hotline, please realize that all you're doing is speculating. Remember all the "OS2 will kick @ss" posts before it came out? Deja-vu n'est pas?
    05-04-12 12:14 PM
    i might be wrong here, as i am new BB and QNX.

when HP blow out their touchpad, i keep hearing about sale of webos. if QNX is something like webos expanding out to car and other stuff it look great for qnx.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-04-12 01:16 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD