OK, so a lot of people here think I'm a BB fanboy, but hopefully this will change your mind

Something I have realized over the last few months is that although three BB and PB combo is an amazing thing it leaves the user with access to one market, and a limited one at that. As you may know I am a proud owner of an iphone 4(since day 2 of launch).

It has become very clear to me that THIS combo of PlayBook and iphone encompasses much more then any other.

If I need to he productive I pull out the PB and if I want games I use my phone. If I need to check Facebook or email quickly I use my phone, but if I need to respond to an email or watch a flash video I use the playbook.

I find that with these two devices I have Tools AND Toys.

I will post more later, Ijust wanted to make the thread and open up discussion.
    04-06-12 05:01 PM
    Hey great you found a combo that's working better for you. All though I like my toy to be the larger one
    04-06-12 05:05 PM
    Well, let me start off by saying that I never thought you were a fanboy. But i consider myself a fanboy and, you know what, I'm on CrackBerry so it doesn't matter. We can try to be as objective as possible but we all want to see BlackBerry and RIM make a comeback, and there's no shame in rooting for them.

And I agree with your post. In my opinion, the iPhone made it possible to be both a powerful tool and a fun toy at the same time. Sure, a lot of people like it because you can play games on them, but we can't neglect the fact that it can be an extremely useful tool, if one wishes to use it that way. I realize RIM intended for the PlayBook to become a tool (which it can be, a very versatile one), but there's nothing wrong with being both a tool and a toy at the same time. In fact in, in today's market, you must be both to succeed. I believe the PlayBook and BB10 are going to do just that!
    04-06-12 05:09 PM
    Right now I'm using the iphones mobile hotshot to type this!

Yea there are obviously two ways to go with this. PB and iphone of bb and iPad I guess. But for me the pb browser is much better and the pim app for pb iw also much better. I don't think it matters it my angry birds are the size of beads or quarters, but screen size when browsing or emailing makes a big difference, so that's why I chose the pb and iphone. Although I guess using iPad and bb would give you access to bbm... Goodpoint
    04-06-12 05:32 PM
    You may still get your bbm. I like the pb for surfing and pim also. My phone has become a phone for what I do on it anymore. Well that and a connection for my pb and sometimes remote control.
    04-06-12 05:44 PM
    Hey, what about IPAD + BB?
    04-06-12 05:49 PM
    I am another iPhone + Playbook user. I have had an iPhone 4 since it originally came out as well. I got a Playbook a few weeks ago and am enjoying it quite a bit.

The only wish I have is that Pulse Newsreader would run as well on my Playbook as it does on my iPhone. I tried various options that run natively or through Android, and Pulse is still the cream of the crop IMO. I really wish they would make a native version of it.
    04-06-12 07:17 PM
    Said it before and here it is again. Enjoy your devices where it's a blackberry or an iphone. Go with what's best for you. You don't need to justify what you have to us.
    04-06-12 07:44 PM
    Said it before and here it is again. Enjoy your devices where it's a blackberry or an iphone. Go with what's best for you. You don't need to justify what you have to us.
    Im not justifying it... Just showing one of the many options. My cousin owns a BB Bold with pb and ipad, thats another option.

Just wanted to point out that if most of the complaints w pb are the apps then for those people the pb/iphone combo would be great. Obviously pb/bb or ipad/bb are other options... Or pb/droid, bb/droid and so on.
    04-06-12 08:40 PM
    I've always preferred a playbook over an ipad because playbook is more work oriented. However, RIM's baptism to its tablet was unfortunate. Playbook and work tablet is an oxymoron.
    04-06-12 10:36 PM
    Speaking of toys...its sort of strange to see all the supposed power of the iPad reduced to standard issue as a childs playtoy or an entertainment device for the kids being wheeled around the hospital in plastic red wagons. They have colorful generic otterbox style cases that apparently can take a beating in the wagon or tolerate flagrant temper tantrum tosses.
    04-06-12 10:47 PM
    ****edit****
    Last edited by stranger99; 04-07-12 at 05:39 PM.
    04-06-12 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD