Hello Everyone,
    More of a rant and not a query..

I have been using iOS for a long time now..
    The moment I started using PB, I badly needed the gestures on my iPhone.. Sick of pressing the home button for every single thing..

The moment I wanted to copy and paste on my PB, I badly needed the Magnifying glass feature on iPhone..

many many things..

I just wish the best of both worlds to be on a single device...
    I can't seem to do anything with my PB until FB.. (atleast productively considering the need of an email app)

Its been almost 2 hours, still trying to convince my network to enable personal hotspot feature on my iPhone so I can use my PB in car..

Duh..
    pelletizer likes this.
    12-28-11 08:20 PM
    Not sure because I don't use an iphone but I think you can tether the internet to the playbook from your iphone via bluetooth, kind of like the bridge but no email or bbm functionality. I remember seeing some posts around here of people talking about it working.

I also agree with gestures. I grab my itouch and wanna change apps or get to setting by swiping and when it doesn't work I get mad. Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    12-28-11 08:34 PM
    I also agree with gestures. I grab my itouch and wanna change apps or get to setting by swiping and when it doesn't work I get mad. Lol
    , Swiping is so addictive.. !

Internet tethering can only be done as wifi hotspot and not through bluetooth.. I guess..
    But, its more of a problem with the network than the hardwares.. You see, Here in UK..

Londeners !

I said I will pay, Still they are cranking some bolts to release the beast at me..
    12-28-11 08:39 PM
    thats awesome. i had the same problem when i switched from ipad to playbook. i would go back to do something in my ipad and wonder why the swipes werent working.

there are some nice features on the ipad that i do wish were on the playbook. just goes to show that the people who are so blindly loyal to one brand (either BB or apple) are missing out on, at the very least, a new and different experience.
    12-28-11 08:41 PM
    Yeah.. thats true.. Being a super-fan is no way going to help anything except some CEO's wallet !
    TBH, iOS bores me to ..

If its not for iOS's Super fluid, Well balanced, super engineered SW (UI) and HW, and app ecosystem.. PB is a winner for me!

I just wish my network sorts out iPhone tethering to my PB.. Fingers Crossed..
    12-28-11 08:48 PM
    Tethering works fine on other devices on the Rogers network in Canada. Paired mine to my bro's Droid phone. All you need on Rogers is a 1 GB data plan. Thing I like best about using it tethered to my Bold is that it still uses less data on the Playbook's full browser!
    12-28-11 08:59 PM
    I bought my wife a Playbook for Christmas and just yesterday i tested the the wifi hotspot to connect the Playbook to the iPhone 4s. She is on Bell and it was quite quick. I ran the regular, not mobile, version of speedtest and the download speed was a bit over 3Mbps, upload was only about .5Mbps.
    12-28-11 09:34 PM
    Not sure because I don't use an iphone but I think you can tether the internet to the playbook from your iphone via bluetooth, kind of like the bridge but no email or bbm functionality. I remember seeing some posts around here of people talking about it working.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Wifi tethering a Playbook to an iPhone4s works well. Bluetooth tethering does not. The iPhone complains that the Playbook bluetooth profile is not supported.
    12-28-11 09:52 PM
    , Swiping is so addictive.. !

Internet tethering can only be done as wifi hotspot and not through bluetooth.. I guess..
    But, its more of a problem with the network than the hardwares.. You see, Here in UK..

Londeners !

I said I will pay, Still they are cranking some bolts to release the beast at me..
    Totally agree, when I go back to the ipad I swipe and swipe, and... ah! it's an ipad, here we go 4/5 finger swipe, hahah. Funny. RIM should advertise this addictive feature!
    12-28-11 10:29 PM
    OMG, right.
    what about the swipe to Go Back in the Android Player. Wouldn't a forward/back swipe be awesome in the PB Browser? and we're talking the SAME device in this case!
    12-28-11 11:32 PM
    Swiping is instinctive, intuitive and natural. Innovative UI genius. Even cavemen used it to get unwanted tools out of their way and bring wanted tools into focus.

Me done with rock. Where home button to get firestick?

nah

rock tick me off! swipe! me grab firestick!

Ughhh!

disclaimer: did not mean to offend any cavemen.
    12-28-11 11:35 PM
    haha, seriously the home button is more caveman friendly. If all else fails, "Home Button"
    12-28-11 11:45 PM
    I have commented over and over how addictive swiping is. I was not even sure I COULD use it as my fingers have a bad time with resistive touch screens (much to my husbands amusement). I now try to swipe my phone (old dumb button only razor), my house phone (yes, some people still have these), and both my PC monitors. Neal (spouse) is using Xmas money to leave his vintage razor bebind and I have warned him other devices will become frustrating.
    Last edited by D_Whatley; 12-29-11 at 12:06 AM.
    12-28-11 11:57 PM
    ...and both my PC monitors
    ROFL!
    I tried that once, and immediately looked around to see if anybody caught it
    12-29-11 12:26 AM
    Hello Everyone,
    More of a rant and not a query..

I have been using iOS for a long time now..
    The moment I started using PB, I badly needed the gestures on my iPhone.. Sick of pressing the home button for every single thing..

The moment I wanted to copy and paste on my PB, I badly needed the Magnifying glass feature on iPhone..

many many things..

I can't seem to do anything with my PB until FB.. (atleast productively considering the need of an email app)

Its been almost 2 hours, still trying to convince my network to enable personal hotspot feature on my iPhone so I can use my PB in car..

Duh..
    well your prayers have been answered. swiping back and forth for multitasking is now available for jailbroken iphones.

pretty cool.

Zephyr Brings Multitasking Gestures to the iPhone and iPod touch [Cydia] | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

best of both worlds now right on the iphone
    12-29-11 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD