i never saw this before! my phone was across the room. awesome!
    worldofblackberry likes this.
    06-24-11 09:52 PM
    Quite nice. Gives me hope that we'll be able to answer it from the Playbook one day.
    06-24-11 10:15 PM
    Yes it is a very nice feature.
    06-24-11 10:23 PM
    we have a mic and speaker....please rim or someone out there
    06-24-11 11:34 PM
    This feature has been there day one from release. MsCooley it gives me hope to maybe answer from the PlayBook or respond to text also. The only time I use my BB is for calls now. If RIM could get the calls on the BB I could really wait for a QNX BB. The PlayBook responds to almost all my business needs except calls.
    06-25-11 02:27 AM
    There is no reason the PlayBook cannot function as a full Bluetooth speakerphone. I fully expect this to be in a future OS update. It's a feature that no other tablet has.
    1rico1 likes this.
    06-25-11 07:31 AM
    i think the touch pad from hp will have this feature out of the box... assuming you're connected to a palm phone...
    but yeh rim should implement this feature in the next os update!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 08:43 AM
    Question Everybody? How far of a distance does the video chat goes?
    06-25-11 09:06 AM
    There is no range on video chat. It is wifi based so no need to be near by. If Poynt for Playbook can make phone calls from the Playbook to the handheld, surely RIM can give us this ability. As stated many times I find myself with my 9650 docked and just using my Playbook and a Blackberry HS700 bluetooth headset as I move throughout the house.
    worldofblackberry likes this.
    06-25-11 09:16 AM
    There is no range on video chat. It is wifi based so no need to be near by. If Poynt for Playbook can make phone calls from the Playbook to the handheld, surely RIM can give us this ability. As stated many times I find myself with my 9650 docked and just using my Playbook and a Blackberry HS700 bluetooth headset as I move throughout the house.
    I didn't know that about the point app. Thanks.
    06-26-11 07:27 PM
    Does poynt CALL? Or does it merely (still not a small trick) send the number to the phone?
    06-26-11 08:59 PM
    Does poynt CALL? Or does it merely (still not a small trick) send the number to the phone?
    It sends/initiates calls on the PB. Poynt says the only reason you get prompted to accept the call command is to prevent accidental calls. Seems like the audio can just be rerouted to the PB after the call is connected.
    06-26-11 09:09 PM
    Rim would make a big mistake if you can not recieve calls or write sms texts, in the next update!!!
    06-26-11 10:59 PM
    I do love the phone notice, especially in a meeting with the phone ringer off and the phone in my pocket...this feature could really be developed - send "i will call you back" notice, "in a meeting - send SMS"... other options....speakerphone would be nice,
    What I am really looking forward to however, is the ability to make the playbook sound from the phone if I misplace it, also the ability to type from the BB phone keyboard and use the trackball for fine cursor placement.
    06-27-11 03:36 PM
    Rim would make a big mistake if you can not recieve calls or write sms texts, in the next update!!!
    I don't think you are getting SMS because they are carrier controlled, no other tablet has them but it would be a major coo if RIM found a way around it.
    06-27-11 03:41 PM
    This popped up for me too the other day. Very cool.
    06-27-11 03:42 PM
    It would be good if it just commanded the phone to answer and send the call from phone to your BT headset OR used the PB as a speakerphone. But you wouldn't want your phone to go via BT to the PB and then again via BT to your headset. The sound quality would be atrocious.

And can't you answer calls from your phone using the BT headset already?
    06-27-11 04:09 PM
    I was wearing a BT headset (Motorola Oasis, thanks CrackBerry!) when the call came in, it rang on the headset as normal, but it also showed up on the PB. I just wasnt expecting it thats all.
    06-27-11 06:35 PM
    I don't think you are getting SMS because they are carrier controlled, no other tablet has them but it would be a major coo if RIM found a way around it.
    If it was done through Bridge though it would be fine, no? If it's just mirroring what's on the phone I don't see how the carriers would be involved.

Of course I have no idea what the limitations are with Bridge.
    06-27-11 10:54 PM
    we have a mic and speaker....please rim or someone out there
    This thread makes me excited!!!!!!

This would be very cool indeed!

Law Office of Marsha L. Hunter
    06-28-11 01:16 AM
    i never saw this before! my phone was across the room. awesome!
    Yeah that's a cool feature. I keep my phone in my pocket with a wired headset constantly in my ears or around my neck listening to music or answering the phone. Now I don't have to 'guess' who's calling me when I press the the button to answer the phone!
    06-28-11 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD