Hey guys im still new to this forum and I hope some of you with more PB knowledge can help me out.
    Well I just bought a 16 gb PB and i was wondering that to PB's get any problems when going through airport xray scanners?
    and I am in Pakistan this summer for Vaca and Can the humidity and the heat effect my Pb's screen or any functions ?

Knowing it gets very harsh and hot there will putting my pb in a closed suitcase effect it?

And how can I hook up my PB to a smart phone there via bluetooth any videos or tutorials thnx . - Pacman
    06-15-12 05:13 PM
    Sorry last question i meant to say HOw can I hook my PB up to internet using Smartphone via bluetooth or teathering with my PB ?
    06-15-12 05:14 PM
    Anyone please reply !!!!
    06-15-12 05:34 PM
    Honestly don't know about the heat affecting it, but for the second question, if you have a bb phone, you can bridge the PB to it.. Hope that helps a bit.
    06-15-12 05:58 PM
    My just flew to/from LA and passed through the airport scanners.

I believe folks have used the pb in warmer areas. I would guess humidity might be more of an issue so try avoiding moving it from a moist humid environment into a cool air conditioned environment too quickly and avoid condensation????
    sdk1 likes this.
    06-15-12 07:16 PM
    Hey guys im still new to this forum and I hope some of you with more PB knowledge can help me out.
    Well I just bought a 16 gb PB and i was wondering that to PB's get any problems when going through airport xray scanners?
    and I am in Pakistan this summer for Vaca and Can the humidity and the heat effect my Pb's screen or any functions ?

Knowing it gets very harsh and hot there will putting my pb in a closed suitcase effect it?

And how can I hook up my PB to a smart phone there via bluetooth any videos or tutorials thnx . - Pacman
    Xray scanners don't affect it at all, 2 of my pb's have gone through numerous times unscathed. Heat doesn't seem to bother it either. The only thing I've found so far is the glass gets a layer of moisture when going from an airconditioned inside to a hot and humid outdoors. Same thing that happens with my sunglasses, torch, or any other product made from glass or plastic. The only thing I would avoid is leaving it powered up and in direct sunlight (like leaving it on the dash of a car,etc ).
    06-15-12 08:10 PM
    We have around 95% humidity all year - and around 90-94 degrees daytime...
    and have never ever had any "weather issues" with our Playbooks.
    AceRoom likes this.
    06-15-12 08:49 PM
    I am in India.. Haven't noticed any problems yet in the last 4 months I've had it..
    06-15-12 09:18 PM
    We have around 95% humidity all year - and around 90-94 degrees daytime...
    and have never ever had any "weather issues" with our Playbooks.
    Couple hundred miles north of you, same weather and no heat related issues with ours either. My PB back is even still flat - no bulges.
    06-15-12 09:36 PM
    Hi there. I'm in Dubai where the weather today is 47 degree C with no effect on the PB. I also travel very frequently and there are no issues with passing it through X Ray machines. I've even been to Pakistan last month and the only issue I had there is that no one knew what the PB was. Everyone was WOW'd

Happy hot and sticky travels
    06-16-12 06:16 AM
    No problems here with heat, humidity or x-ray machines

My PB has been going through x-ray machines on avg more than once a week for over the last year - no problems that I have noticed - the only difference is that in the early days airport security used to get me to power it on, now they just let it go through whilst turned off

The humidity sometimes leaves condensation on the screen - this just aids the cleaning process to get rid of fingermarks!

Only issue with bright sunlight is that I find the screen very difficult to read (with or without sunglasses, I find it very difficult to read an ebook by the pool on my PB, have to take my kindle with me to get my fix of pulp fiction)

Hope this helps
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 06-16-12 at 09:53 AM. Reason: typo
    06-16-12 09:52 AM
    THANK YOU SOO MUCH Guys. I feel more confident now that I take my PB to Pakistan. and bon Voyage
    06-24-12 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD