Doesn't anyone ever try sitting in a relaxed position in a very comfy chair whilst someone supplies large amounts of brandy and very good food to them?
    They worked for and retired from Microsoft
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-18-13 12:32 PM
    I don't want to move on, but out of necessity I will have to
    I don't want to carry my laptop on biz trips anymore, so I need a tablet which works

at airport security checks taking out 1 laptop, 1 tablet, 2 phones and all the chargers and put it in the buspan, than show all the liquids, while you are loosing your pants when you raise your arms, as your belt is in the next pan,

I want to install office 365 on my laptop, I am sure PB2 or PB 10 will never get a native app for that, so I would have to open it in a browser
    plus the absence of skype is a real problem, as my main biz number is a skype number
    You might want to try Splashtop to acess your pc bits......Works great.

C
    sad_old_man and hreiner1 like this.
    06-18-13 01:07 PM
    Wow, Just read this thread and have been having the same sinking feeling about my Playbook. A system that was Supposedly made for business but really is just a weak gaming tablet. So many Business apps avialble on other Tablets yet the True Business Tablet does not have them? Give us a break RIM. Now is the time to release BB10 and let us have the business apps to use our tablets the way they were meant to be.

Brian
    06-18-13 01:18 PM
    They worked for and retired from Microsoft
    Oh so this will be the first real thing they have ever done then. I understand now?
    06-18-13 02:51 PM
    Brandy, pasties and a good suckling pig... how I miss the Empire!

PB Happy Second Birthday and RIP PB-ancient_rome_feast.jpg
    sad_old_man and hreiner1 like this.
    06-19-13 12:10 AM
    Brandy, pasties and a good suckling pig... how I miss the Empire!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ancient_Rome_Feast.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	173741
    Still exists! Just turn left at Wigan and keep going until you reach the sea.
    06-19-13 07:03 AM
    Agreed. I can't believe Microsoft isn't perpetually flamed for Windows 8. The OP is has no idea what he is talking about, threatening to leave BlackBerry for a W8 tablet.
    I've been a Windows user since Windows 3.0 and a Windows MCP since Windows 95, but I've given up on Windows 8 because it's a seriously flawed UI. It "may" make sense on a touchscreen device .. but on a PC it's just foul. The fact they're putting that rubbish onto 2012 server stuns me.

I use classicshell Welcome to Classic Shell on the few Win 8 machines I've had to set up, which is free and gets rid of the hideous touch interface bits as well as putting a start button back.

My loathing for Win 8 is one of the things that pointed me in other directions when looking for a replacement phone, having been a symbian Nokia customer since the early 90's. So really Windows 8 being so hideous is what made me discover BB10 and my lovely Z10
    axllebeer likes this.
    06-19-13 08:13 AM
    Amen brother
    I have the same experience

Recently the browser on my PB crashes all the time and now again I cannot open email and contact! I had faith in my PB and defend it every time that it is a good tablet but now I am not sure anymore. To sad!
    06-19-13 02:03 PM
    If your PB is acting that way, debrick the thing.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 05:56 PM
59 123