I've seen a few of these threads in the past but from recently new owners, you guys encounter any freezing to the point of the 3 finger reboot? Since Sept, I've maybe had a handful at most. The most recent was prior to this post, have already been using it for a bit, surfing, checking mail via bridge and I took a few mins break to dl and install Lil Painter on my daughters PB. Came back to my PB and got the notification of new mail, open messages via bridge and bam, froze on the BB screen. Took several attempts to reboot but I kept taking pictures (lol).

Any of you guys get occasional freezing...?
    01-26-12 09:00 PM
    ya twice over the past week. had to hold down the power button until it shut down
    01-26-12 09:03 PM
    It used to happen, but for the past 3 weeks, it's been behaving.

Never managed to figure out what caused them...
    ralfyguy likes this.
    01-26-12 09:04 PM
    mine freezes, on the average, about four to five times in a week. mostly due to several apps running at the same time. but i have a strong feeling it's a bit of my fault as i have too much going on at the same time and could be a bad app installed....
    Last edited by paris.williams; 01-26-12 at 10:04 PM.
    01-26-12 09:51 PM
    Extremely rare for me. I can't remember the last time I was forced to restart it. I'm a PB owner since 4/18
    01-26-12 09:56 PM
    Usually a rogue app could also be a potential cause for freezes. In my case it was a Twitter application that was messing up with everything else (sorry, forgot the name of the app).

To the OP- try uninstalling (I hope it was a free app and something you can re download) the Painter app and observe if the Playbook still continues to have problems.
    01-26-12 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD