I no this sounds a bit silly but I'm askin my bf for a pb for my birthday and still a bit unsure what it does I'm a avid facebook fan as love playin the games on there can you also play fb games on the pb thank you in advance x
    01-02-12 04:09 PM
    I no this sounds a bit silly but I'm askin my bf for a pb for my birthday and still a bit unsure what it does I'm a avid facebook fan as love playin the games on there can you also play fb games on the pb thank you in advance x
    Yes you can play the facebook games as my wife always steals it away to play them.
    01-02-12 04:49 PM
    you can play them but because of the screen size it's better on a laptop or pc
    01-02-12 05:03 PM
    It would be much better on a 80" HDTV, but are any of them portable in your pocket and go devices?
    01-02-12 05:09 PM
    Thank you so much for that it has mad my mind up now lol I don't need a laptop to help me set it up do I as mine is broken hence the reason I'm getting my pb sorry for the questions just not all that computer savvy lol x
    01-02-12 05:15 PM
    Thank you so much for that it has mad my mind up now lol I don't need a laptop to help me set it up do I as mine is broken hence the reason I'm getting my pb sorry for the questions just not all that computer savvy lol x
    Yes, you will need a laptop/pc to download the Desktop app so that you can update the Playbook. Before you do that though, you need wi-fi access to initially start up the Playbook. If you don't have wi-fi (like I didn't at first), go to a Starbucks or a McDonalds and plan on spending about 45 minutes or so getting the PB up and running. After that, you MUST have access to a pc so that you can now download the latest OS.
    01-02-12 05:18 PM
    Oh, and before you do anything, charge up the Playbook first before running off to a free wi-fi hotspot...you don't want to be cut off mid stream due to not having aenough of a battery charge.
    01-02-12 05:20 PM
    Ok cheers for that I'm rather excited about gettin my pb tom now I will lend a laptop I ave wireless internet at home so that should b fine thank you so much for all of your help xx
    01-02-12 05:23 PM
    Aw shucks....I got an xx.....

Good luck!
    01-02-12 05:24 PM
    Cheers think I'm gonna need the luck I'm sure u will b hearin from me again with random questions lol x
    01-02-12 05:36 PM
    Cheers think I'm gonna need the luck I'm sure u will b hearin from me again with random questions lol x
    Keep us posted...will love to help, since I still have fresh in my memory the pitfalls, do's and don't do's regarding getting the PB up and running. I had to burn my clothes before entering my house when I finally got my Playbook up and ready. Read my earlier posts, and you'll understand.
    01-02-12 05:47 PM
    Yes, you will need a laptop/pc to download the Desktop app so that you can update the Playbook. Before you do that though, you need wi-fi access to initially start up the Playbook. If you don't have wi-fi (like I didn't at first), go to a Starbucks or a McDonalds and plan on spending about 45 minutes or so getting the PB up and running. After that, you MUST have access to a pc so that you can now download the latest OS.
    I've never used a pc to update the playbook. Always just over the air. I've never had to de-brick a playbook though... for that you'd need a pc.
    01-02-12 09:26 PM
    I've never used a pc to update the playbook. Always just over the air. I've never had to de-brick a playbook though... for that you'd need a pc.
    No, we're talking about initial setup. First step is a wi-fi connection to get her going. Second step is installing the DM, connect the PB, and you will be synch'd to any music you have on iTunes and will be prompted to update to the latest OS.
    01-02-12 09:30 PM
    No, we're talking about initial setup. First step is a wi-fi connection to get her going. Second step is installing the DM, connect the PB, and you will be synch'd to any music you have on iTunes and will be prompted to update to the latest OS.
    Sorry, must respectfully disagree with some of this post. A PC and Desktop Manager is not required to get the official and current OS version which currently stands at 1.0.8.6067. My understanding is that this will be pushed OTA (over the air) as soon as the PB is fired up in a WIFI area for the first time.

I do agree with the rest of the post. A PC will be required to load personal "content" onto the device, either through DM or via WIFI. Also, applications can be downloaded from "App World" only via WIFI at this time.

Enjoy your new device
    01-02-12 09:42 PM
    Thank you people I got my pb today and I must say I LOVE IT still playin around with things atm seein what apps to get ect I'm am most defo a happy lady!!! Xx
    01-03-12 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD