Hi all - here's a funny one.

Can access emails and calendar no problem at all - put the PB into standby, go to bed or travel on train. Fire it back up again and wifi connects no issues (can browse the web etc) but emails and calendar dont update.

Connect to WiFi to send and receieve messages. Click here to connect.

I'm connected.

The only way around this is to restart the PB.

Why does this happen and what is fix please? happened on 2.0 and now 2.1

ta
    bb
    06-12-12 08:23 AM
    I had the same problem with 2.1 but not 2.0.
    I went back to the official and as is well now.
    I can't provide any assistance because I never tried to fix it. Just went back to 2.0.1

Have you tried the standard things like rebooting the router - deleting and reconnecting your wifi.
    06-12-12 08:28 AM
    Hi all - here's a funny one.

Can access emails and calendar no problem at all - put the PB into standby, go to bed or travel on train. Fire it back up again and wifi connects no issues (can browse the web etc) but emails and calendar dont update.

Connect to WiFi to send and receieve messages. Click here to connect.

I'm connected.

The only way around this is to restart the PB.

Why does this happen and what is fix please? happened on 2.0 and now 2.1
    I've been having the same problem since the last OS update, my wife sends 3 emails through the day and I get 1 and 3 but 2 wouldn't come in till the evening or maybe not for two days unless like you say, restart, but I found something by accident, I open my email and that little spiny thing goes around which I thought meant it was checking, and it might be I don't know, but I found if you put your finger on the list of emails and bull it down it will say "Release to refresh" and that seems to make everything sync for me.
    Give it a try maybe it will work for you to.
    06-12-12 08:52 AM
    Have you tried the standard things like rebooting the router - deleting and reconnecting your wifi.
    I know this solves the problem (as restarting the PB), but why does this need to happen? Who has time or wants to restart PB and router everytime? I also have iPad and Xoom in household and not once have they required me to do this. Why RIM, why?
    06-12-12 12:26 PM
    I've been having this problem, too, but it appears to have fixed itself, at least for today. Time will tell. There's been quite a few of these complaints so I hope Rim has taken notice (ha ha).
    06-12-12 11:03 PM
    basically the mail app doesnt recognise there's wifi connection after standby
    06-13-12 04:39 AM
    basically the mail app doesnt recognise there's wifi connection after standby
    If I leave the house with the mail app still running or open mail or contacts when not connected to wifi, when I reconnect I see this. ( see attached photo ) the message will stay even when reconnected to wifi, it stops me from checking my mail even when I'm connected.
    When this happens and your in this screen hit the save button, fixes it for me.
    06-13-12 05:30 AM
    What OS are you all on? What type of account? I don't see this behavior on the official and my live.com account setup as an activesync account.
    06-13-12 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD