View Poll Results: PB early adopters, will you ever buy another BB product?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!, No more BB for me!

148 64.35%
  • Yes!, I will continue purchasing BB items

77 33.48%
  • Already sold my PB and left BB

5 2.17%
    I don't understand why you bought only 4 PlayBooks: my cousin bought 72 of them (I only 24)! Maybe normal people don't exist anymore.

However, I'll buy a Q10 or a Q5 only if RIM will push an update including at least BBM and up-to-date Bridge and browser (and the GPS Navigator used by OS 10 if possible). I simply ask the things that PlayBook never had: decent videochat, decent navigators. I don't want a stupid voucher: how much can they give us, a 50$ one? It's useless...
    "I don't understand why you bought only 4 PlayBooks:"

my answer is here -> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8802807

care to read it? then you will get the answer. oh yeah i am getting 3 more as donations from community so i can break the security and also modify it further. ;-)
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-11-13 09:22 AM
    Im as committed in buying the next BB product as the Ceo commitment to bringing BB10 to the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:30 AM
    I read. It's impossible, and you know it.
    07-11-13 09:30 AM
    definitely buy another product... this is what happens when you buy technology. Old versions are not supported or drivers are not available, etc... BTW Apple is the worst example of this.
    A terrible example, so terrible that iPad 2 with 512 MB of RAM (and an inferior CPU) will get iOS 7
    bodjor likes this.
    07-11-13 09:31 AM
    I read. It's impossible, and you know it.
    you kidding me. right? and its a joke right? if it so? let me join you in the joke i will try not be a rotten brat jhonny. ;-)
    i can pull the chip out and i can keep it on another board which has jtag already, a 20 min jtag and i can wope it clean and i can go ahead. but it will not help the community. and if you think its impossible? i have started to reverse engineer the PCB. yes the main circuit board and by the way i am not even an electronics engineer. ;-)
    but the community folks especially chespo and chaosdivine collected money and donated me boards so i can work on those which others cant. if they do? who will rant.
    so i rant when i am not working. else i am working and not ranting.
    most not rant but troll. but i rant.
    as usual frustrated with the workflow. the mothod used and adopted by these companies are annoying and bugs the fsck out of my testicles.
    but then again!
    "I read. It's impossible, and you know it. "
    in its current state w/o jtag (which i had to painfully find out) and not rip it out of board and yet install another OS, by bypassing the security and then compile the source and install a new OS?
    if i were working in a company i would ask them a 7 figure salary ;-) but this ia hobby. and i dont mind doing it for the community. its not impossible completely as slowly and slowly we are finding all the flaws, technical and design. soon soon soon. impossible will be i'm possible! and doable by a 6 year old kid.
    i still remember when i was 13 years old, in 1995, and we three friends, tried 28 times before we could install linux, using floppies on a 640 MB HDD. others were happy with dos and dos games and w/o cdrom after 28 attempts. so doable. but it need time and a little ranting and a few kicks and punches on the wall when i loose temper. ;-)
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-11-13 09:42 AM
    If they release 10.1 for Z10 on VZW by the end of the month and it works, then I will likely continue to roll out Z10s to my company. If not, then no.
    07-11-13 09:42 AM
    If Blackberry offers another product I can use for my business, I'll buy it. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was...
    mk2234 and TheScionicMan like this.
    07-11-13 09:47 AM
    Paid GBP 105 for my Playbook. Also have a company Blackberry Bold phone. I think they are both good devices, especially the Playbook.

However I don't think I would buy a product from a company which is unlikely to be around for much longer.
    07-11-13 09:51 AM
    I'm more skeptical about the overall value of buying into Blackberry anything at this point. I had, in the past, maintained over 80 Blackberries and even bought a PB when it first came out. Unfortunately, it's not the hardware that gets people to buy a product. Its all about what you can do with it.. ie Apps. Without apps, no platform can survive. I do feel a little burned by the whole PB thing. I was really hoping to see some useful apps come to it. I use it occasionally, but for the most part, it sits on a shelf unused. I'd sell it if someone made a good offer for it. Its unfortunate really. The PB could have been a lot more than it ended up being. I'm just tired of waiting.
    I do have a few users that are interested in the Q10, but I'm still a bit worried about longevity. Its my job to make the right recommendations. I would hate to guess wrong on this one.
    FF22, WeAreNotAlone and richardat like this.
    07-11-13 09:52 AM
    I don't know how to answer the poll...

Maybe no. But not for the reason most others are suggesting.

While I am disappointed at the fact of BB10 not coming to the playbook I am still using mine and it is working as is. Sure it could be better performance wise and I would "like" it to be BB10.

Does it justify spending more for a new device for me (I am very value for the money driven)... I don't believe so yet. Even if we get a discount per playbook (I have two), I am undecided.

Hence I chose NO.
    07-11-13 09:53 AM
    I'm one of those early birds...

I would probably "check-out" first the CEO's credibility... somehow, I beginning to realize that no matter how good the product is, its future's support is still in the hand that "rock the cradle"...

Posted via Z10
    07-11-13 10:02 AM
    Who uses playbooks anymore anyways, whats the big deal, I could care less if BB is bringing OS10 to PB, I dont even use mine much anymore, and for what I use it for, does not involve the need for BB10. But yes, I will stick with BB and hopefully buy their next line of tablets (if they do make another one)
    07-11-13 10:17 AM
    Who still uses the Playbook, I still do. Bought mine at first launch for full price. It owes me nothing. It's my main driver for browsing the web, streaming Internet Radio and sporting events, playing games, converting and watching movies and connecting to my work network servers with Remote Desktop. All of which don't require BB10 so although disappointed not a show stopper for me. I would buy future BB products if they suit my needs. I don't buy products on a promise of a CEO or any other marketing ploy.
    mk2234 likes this.
    07-11-13 10:59 AM
    yes I still use my pb and have a ZED10
    07-11-13 11:31 AM
    How does your Bridge work with your BB 10 device?
    07-11-13 11:34 AM
    It's one less reason to buy another BB product... but you wold have taught that after the STORM was shown to be released with too little memory, I would have abandoned the platform then.

But I think any future decision I make will be made based on the future.

Will BBRY have an ecosystem at the time? or will they still be struggling?

Will I be invested in another ecosystem because I had to buy another brands tablet?
    07-11-13 12:05 PM
    I gave up on the 64GB PB that I bought full price ($699 + tax) on day one. Receipt is on my home desk as a reminder.
    I haven't sold it - I have no idea where it is - but I held out hope for it and for BlackBerry 10.

The flicker of hope is still there (for the phones) but barely.
    07-11-13 12:26 PM
    I guess the overwhelming feeling I have to date is I'm no longer going to be an early adopter for BlackBerry as in previous years. I'll be much more cautious and patient for devices to prove themselves first before acquiring BlackBerry products.
    07-11-13 12:30 PM
    Absolutely. I obviously would have liked some major update to the PB OS but still its a great little tablet that I didnt spend a fortune on. Regardless of what they said if you cant make it a quality product I agree with them dont do it. Still waiting for prices to fall a little before I grab my white Z10
    07-11-13 12:32 PM
    With the recent news that BB will not bring BB10 to the PB or any indication of an OS update for it, will you ever purchase an item with the Blackberry name on it?

Early adopters only please. We paid full price ($599 and higher) for the PB thus out much more hard earned cash then those that paid $150.00 for one.
    I would never buy a RIM/bb product again as long as the current CEO is in place. I love my pb and dont care about bb10 on it. The main reason is that the company has completely lost direction and leadership!

I don't like Apple and I don't like DROID phones, but I don't hate them as much as I hate my Z10s. My next phone based on the current market would have to be either a Samsung S4 or the new HTC one. However a lot can change on 18 months. New models, new concepts but I'm sure it won't include BlackBerry in the framework.

Posted via CB10
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-11-13 12:35 PM
    If they continue to support the Playbook and its owners then yes I will. If they do not then it will be time for me to look beyond BlackBerry. At least as soon as my contract expires in 2015.
    07-11-13 12:42 PM
    Never again...!
    07-11-13 12:42 PM
    Bought the PB on the very first day for full price around $600+, I even took an offday from work. The device didn't even have the basic features during initial launch, but BB (RIM) kept on promising, but never there was solid update. I suffered without basic email, calendar and contacts for nearly one year. Then there came the 2.0 mediocre update, after that there was none. I was told BB10 phones will be super phones, my playbook would get the latest BB10 and based on trust I bought the Z10 thinking I can bridge it with the PB and I will have access to the latest BB10 apps. I never thought Thorsten would be such a shameless liar! I know they never considered BB10 for PlayBook. No company will promise to the media before testing. If they did then the company is seriously a bad company. Thor was sneaky he fooled the PB customers and persuaded them to by a Z10. He also sold the remaining PlayBooks. He may sell the company off soon and say good bye. I love my playbook it used to be a great device, BBRY has done absolute injustice to it. I used to support BB a lot, I spread words to my friends suggested them to try BB10. Now I won't support them anymore. They have lost me and my friends as customers. If BB thinks they can give users $50- $100 credits or app store credits to keep customers happy then they are wrong. Some of us were loyal customers, they can't fool us by giving useless app credits or peanuts! We need good compensation, a good refund or an exchange! Tell me when Thor announces it I will consider BB as a tech company then.
    Last edited by arvind1983; 07-11-13 at 01:51 PM. Reason: typos
    07-11-13 01:46 PM
    I survived the BB Storm 9530, I will certainly survive the PlayBook(which I love btw) so OF COURSE I will buy future products! I'm a BBRYFAN4LIFE!!

mk2234 likes this.
    07-11-13 01:58 PM
    Bought the PB on the very first day for full price around $600+, I even took an offday from work. The device didn't even have the basic features during initial launch, but BB (RIM) kept on promising, but never there was solid update. I suffered without basic email, calendar and contacts for nearly one year. Then there came the 2.0 mediocre update, after that there was none. I was told BB10 phones will be super phones, my playbook would get the latest BB10 and based on trust I bought the Z10 thinking I can bridge it with the PB and I will have access to the latest BB10 apps. I never thought Thorsten would be such a shameless liar! I know they never considered BB10 for PlayBook. No company will promise to the media before testing. If they did then the company is seriously a bad company. Thor was sneaky he fooled the PB customers and persuaded them to by a Z10. He also sold the remaining PlayBooks. He may sell the company off soon and say good bye. I love my playbook it used to be a great device, BBRY has done absolute injustice to it. I used to support BB a lot, I spread words to my friends suggested them to try BB10. Now I won't support them anymore. They have lost me and my friends as customers. If BB thinks they can give users $50- $100 credits or app store credits to keep customers happy then they are wrong. Some of us were loyal customers, they can't fool us by giving useless app credits or peanuts! We need good compensation, a good refund or an exchange! Tell me when Thor announces it I will consider BB as a tech company then.
    He may sell the company off soon and say good bye. well, you are close. He is successful in persuing the shareholders to agree with him that they change the name from RIM to Blackberry. if its so? well you get the idea right.
    refund? you are kidding me. go to sleep brother. you sound really sad.
    RIM or Blackberry is soon going to be extinct. like how behind every ship sink, its the captain who is to blame for, same here for blackberry formerly RIM. RIP RIM BLACKBERRY RIP!
    thanks!
    -paul
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-11-13 02:02 PM
260 1234 ...