View Poll Results: PB early adopters, will you ever buy another BB product?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!, No more BB for me!

148 64.35%
  • Yes!, I will continue purchasing BB items

77 33.48%
  • Already sold my PB and left BB

5 2.17%
    Base on your restriction, you won't even get a 100 votes which render the poll meaningless. For what it's worth, I'm a small time investor on BB and I voted no more BB for me. Because I believe BB cannot afford to alienate any more customers if they want to see the company survive through this hard time. If they do not rectify this situation, no matter how much I want their devices to sell, it's not going to happen with the bad mouthing start to spread. This time Samsung doesn't even need to spend a dime. Pizz off customers will do the work alone. I took a chance of investing in a company I thought has such great potential to witness such bad PR management. It's like you encounter a well dress good looking guy and thought the best of him until he open his mouth and speak. Oh well, my loss.
    I understand, point is it's hard to be objective if you are profiting in some way.

07-15-13 08:45 PM
    It's self-important people like yourselves with no idea how businesses operate that seem to have this twisted sense of entitlement
    Yea and WHO does know? Obviously not BB.
    07-15-13 09:12 PM
    At least you're honest about profiting from BB doing good, unlike the hordes of SHILLS and FanBoys here that have a vested financial interest.
    Apart from the fact that the people you call fanboys (and no, I don't count myself among them) might hold a perfectly valid position based on their OWN highly personal opinion, I'd really like to know, what "vested financial interest" such a fanboy would have in your opinion...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-16-13 04:29 AM
    As one who will be buying a new phone, very soon, I can say that it will not be BB. I have W8 on my computer and like it, so, to me, a Windows phone seems to be what I will go for. And it has all of the apps that I need.
    sad_old_man and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    07-16-13 11:01 AM
    Maybe, NOT.
    07-16-13 11:04 AM
    Yup just bought the charger bundle

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:05 AM
    Apart from the fact that the people you call fanboys (and no, I don't count myself among them) might hold a perfectly valid position based on their OWN highly personal opinion, I'd really like to know, what "vested financial interest" such a fanboy would have in your opinion...
    At last some actually asked the easy question first!

The answer is "NO FINANCIAL INTEREST AT ALL"

Is the path becoming clearer now my fellow padawan?

I've been banned, collected more points than you could get on your nectar card in your entire life, and I was a substantial shareholder!

If CB had any real connection with BlackBerry, do you not think that the mods would have known that?

I've told you what's happening to BlackBerry so it's up to you whether you listen or not?

By the way I DID vote against Thors appointment, as I view his ability as a CEO about the same as I view Col Sanders ability to look after the welfare of chickens!

Posted via CB10
    FF22, dphjeff and BB_Bmore like this.
    07-16-13 11:16 AM
    At last some actually asked the easy question first!

The answer is "NO FINANCIAL INTEREST AT ALL"

Is the path becoming clearer now my fellow padawan?

I've been banned, collected more points than you could get on your nectar card in your entire life, and I was a substantial shareholder!

If CB had any real connection with BlackBerry, do you not think that the mods would have known that?

I've told you what's happening to BlackBerry so it's up to you whether you listen or not?

By the way I DID vote against Thors appointment, as I view his ability as a CEO about the same as I view Col Sanders ability to look after the welfare of chickens!

Posted via CB10
    In this case it is a TURKEY.
    dphjeff and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    07-16-13 11:56 AM
    Hi all, I if that will continue with the Blackberry, as it gives me everything I want from a device like this, both the Z10 as the Playbook, as I cover all my needs perfection.

Greetings to all ...
    07-16-13 12:00 PM
    Hi all, I if that will continue with the Blackberry, as it gives me everything I want from a device like this, both the Z10 as the Playbook, as I cover all my needs perfection.

Greetings to all ...
    In that case could you tell me how to get my Z10 battery to last more than 4 hrs? Please, please, please.

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    07-16-13 01:03 PM
    In that case could you tell me how to get my Z10 battery to last more than 4 hrs? Please, please, please.

Posted via CB10
    My BlackBerry battery goes for over 3 days! Here's the things to turn off to make it work... turn off the phone.

In 3 days when you power it back on, voila! At least 30% battery life remains, guaranteed.

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    07-16-13 01:41 PM
    Nope. Don't with the brand.
    07-16-13 03:08 PM
    My BlackBerry battery goes for over 3 days! Here's the things to turn off to make it work... turn off the phone.

In 3 days when you power it back on, voila! At least 30% battery life remains, guaranteed.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, remember the old days, when the unsophisticated OS7, OS6, OS5.... devices actually knew how to turn themselves on and off automatically and even sounded an alarm set for before the turn on time? Ah, those were the bad old days!
    07-16-13 04:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    get a pocket size nuclear power plant and connect it. it will power your BB for next 10 years. :-D how simple can it be to think. ;-) hehehehe
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-16-13 05:41 PM
    You're kidding right?

Stock in the company, and or profiting in any way shape of manner from that company doing well.

07-17-13 01:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's quite simple.

All you have to do is wait 1.5 years for BlackBerry to address the problem.... but don't count on a update to appear at that point as they will be busy with newer product and they will deem your device EOL (End of life).

PS: Seriously, you're only getting 4 hrs of battery life? Sounds like you need to start a thread on that and maybe get some ideas on how to address that!

07-17-13 01:29 AM
    Definitely

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:31 AM
    RE: Will you buy another BB product or not?

Nope. Don't with the brand.
    ????? TYPO ????

EG: Nope. Done with the brand.

Or as said in a BlackBerry fashion.... moving on....

07-17-13 01:36 AM
    You're kidding right?

Stock in the company, and or profiting in any way shape of manner from that company doing well.

No, I am not kidding.
    What you describe clearly are the "shills", as you call them.
    The only financial interest the "fanboys" represent is that they keep throwing money at the company, often against better judgment...
    07-17-13 04:10 AM
    I agree with you, my comments were directed at all the OP restricting who might "vote" and FanBoys that are stating they have gotten their monies worth out of the PlayBook and are saying "Hey I'm glad BB killed the PlayBook as they (BB) can fix "my" phone...

For me I feel I have not gotten my monies worth out of the product.

So far as Thorsten being out of his mind, I really think he was informed several months ago that the full version of BB10 OS would not be doable on the PlayBook and sat on this info so as to not affect the roll-out of BB10 OS devices and at the same time leveraging the whole "ALL PLAYBOOKS will getting a upgrade to the new wiz-bang-super-duper BB10 OS as a way of CLEARING WAREHOUSES of DEAD, DEAD, DEAD STOCK, or maybe he was hoping the value of the stock would drop temporarily so he or someone he could trust could buy up a bunch while the price was low.
    Good to hear that we agree on these matters. Sadly, I wish we could have been celebrating the rebirth of BlackBerry instead of concurring on their continuing bad acts. I'll keep a beer on ice for you...just in case. ;-)
    07-18-13 04:42 PM
    Yup, got almost 2 yes out of it and 1 good major upgrade and I still use it because it works well. I'm not owed an update to next gen bb10. Does a car dealer owe you a new car the next model year... take a reality check.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 05:39 PM
    Yup, got almost 2 yes out of it and 1 good major upgrade and I still use it because it works well. I'm not owed an update to next gen bb10. Does a car dealer owe you a new car the next model year... take a reality check.

Posted via CB10
    Does the car dealer PROMISE you'll get an upgrade? Software is a tad bit different from entirely new hardware. My reality is fine, others seem to have checked theirs at the door.
    dphjeff and BB_Bmore like this.
    07-18-13 06:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    4 hours? What you do? Running 8 apps at one time? Or power your fridge to make ice cubes?
    07-18-13 08:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Since you bought the device 2years ago you were NOT promised a update to BB10 specifically . you got your use out of the item as you point out.

For those that purchased a PlayBook base upon statements made by the CEO of BlackBerry, not the janitor (which probably has more morals and integrity than the CEO) they ARE due a update, OR a BUY-BACK PROGRAM needs to be done.

Those are the people who could have gone with a competing product- but based the purchase on the CEO's word that a update would be delivered after the BB10 phones hit the market.

BUY-BACK-PROGRAM meaning I send them a box full of BB product with receipts, and they cut a check for that amount.

Either that or man up and they come up with a BB10 lite so the PlayBook will have access to and be able to run BB10 apps, update the Android runtime from 2.3 to 4.xxx, update/do away with Adobe Air, and Update the micro USB port so you can plug things into it like flash cards,cameras,etc, fix the problems plaguing the PlayBook since day one like the web-browser, etc.

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 07-19-13 at 04:16 PM.
    07-18-13 10:02 PM
    Ok what about the battery life on my Z10? Ok you got 9 months to reply but that's no reason to forget me. I have a legitimate problem with a bb.............. Oh sorry wrong forum.

Right thread just wrong forum?
    07-19-13 01:39 PM
260 ... 7891011