View Poll Results: PB early adopters, will you ever buy another BB product?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!, No more BB for me!

148 64.35%
  • Yes!, I will continue purchasing BB items

77 33.48%
  • Already sold my PB and left BB

5 2.17%
    Well dutch Holland is below sea level and look at the pretty folwerz they make?
    But it's a sad fact, we grow gills at the age of four, just in case...
    Oops, I just outed myself as a Dutchman
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-14-13 02:14 PM
    How 'bout Flowers and Mountains: Skagit Valley, WA - a number of the farmers have Dutch names.
    Attached Thumbnails PB early adopters, will you buy another BB product or not?-skagit-flowers1.jpg   PB early adopters, will you buy another BB product or not?-skagit-flowers.jpg  
    07-14-13 02:48 PM
    How 'bout Flowers and Mountains: Skagit Valley, WA - a number of the farmers have Dutch names.
    Thanks for pointing this out to us, they will be repatriated soon!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-14-13 03:01 PM
    Thanks for pointing this out to us, they will be repatriated soon!
    As long as both the flowers and mountains stay - go for it. NSA would probably like them furriners gone.

US High Points

United States State High Points (plus DC) - Peakbagger.com

Map

Highest Points in The United States - Map and Elevations
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-14-13 03:07 PM
    C
    With the recent news that BB will not bring BB10 to the PB or any indication of an OS update for it, will you ever purchase an item with the Blackberry name on it?

Early adopters only please. We paid full price ($599 and higher) for the PB thus out much more hard earned cash then those that paid $150.00 for one.
    Like you my BlackBerry Brother I was taken by the RIM roller coaster of how could this company could not fail and full retail price for a PlayBook was an OKAY thing to do. Since then RIMBERRY management has reached a new high of how to take a great company and throw it away. There was a time when I was a fanboy and stood up for RIM. That went from frustration to hated for this company in a few years. I use to care about what was said about RIM in forums like this but no more. I say whatever I feel about RIM or whatever they want to call themselves these days. This company will be sold in parts before it's done.
    RIP RIM
    07-14-13 03:22 PM
    C

Like you my BlackBerry Brother I was taken by the RIM roller coaster of how could this company could not fail and full retail price for a PlayBook was an OKAY thing to do. Since then RIMBERRY management has reached a new high of how to take a great company and throw it away. There was a time when I was a fanboy and stood up for RIM. That went from frustration to hated for this company in a few years. I use to care about what was said about RIM in forums like this but no more. I say whatever I feel about RIM or whatever they want to call themselves these days. This company will be sold in parts before it's done.
    RIP RIM
    See I knew you were clever!
    07-14-13 03:47 PM
    There will not be another Playbook version 2

Playbook 1 was only built so one can bridge it to the BB OS 6.0 to 7,1 and to help BB to survive until BB OS10 and BB 10 phones were ready

with Z+Q 10 out, there is no reason to use a PB, all the function are on the OS 10 phone now
    therefore the limited OS10 bridge to the PB
    in 12 month no-one will remember there was a bridge function

forget it, its over
    Yep on a dink *** screen.
    07-14-13 04:46 PM
    With the recent news that BB will not bring BB10 to the PB or any indication of an OS update for it, will you ever purchase an item with the Blackberry name on it?

Early adopters only please. We paid full price ($599 and higher) for the PB thus out much more hard earned cash then those that paid $150.00 for one.
    I was an early adopter. Bought a 32gb full price over an iPad.

With that said I'll buy a bbry device anytime.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-14-13 04:48 PM
    Well dutch Holland is below sea level and look at the pretty folwerz they make?
    How do you know those flowers are growing? ... looks like they're floating to me. The very wet "field" next to them gives the game away...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-14-13 05:02 PM
    How do you know those flowers are growing? ... looks like they're floating to me. The very wet "field" next to them gives the game away...
    I probably need to amend my reply above and include the US Postal Service. Apparently, it just came out that they have been photographing each and every letter mailed in the USA - the land of the free and the home of the monitored.
    07-14-13 08:50 PM
    Extended warranty on cracked screen gives me my $199.00 dollars back (pre 2.0 Office Depot). I used my PB everyday for browsing and email. Grand kids have about 6 games and when my sis was in the hospital, I used AOL for video chat. ..now what? I sent my PB back this morning. Monday I missed a 64meg with quick charger buy for $110 on Craigslist. I do own an iPad 4 but no way taking IT fishing, to work, on the road etc. Who else offerers this quality with this kind of rear camera, that I can share videos and pictures on a 52 inch flatscreen for under $200.00 bucks? Honestly, I may consider a 64 on Amazon for 170 bucks
    FF22 likes this.
    07-14-13 09:47 PM
    droiddev / reverse_engineering / source / asm / — Bitbucket
    omap3x devices can be easily ported. if you need help? ask!
    i will start to work on omap4x soon.
    AYBABTU http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_you...e_belong_to_us
    all your blackberry are belong to us.
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-14-13 11:25 PM
    I bought a 32 gig Jokebook on day 1. I still think it's criminal how they bungled this device.

The BB10 phones live somewhere between underwhelming and failure. I won't buy another BlackBerry product until they can prove that they aren't liars and they can release a market ready device. I hope to see more stories of z10s being sent back from phone companies. I desperately wanted the z10 to be a world beater, having 2 phones to replace. Instead you get a hit and miss experience, incomplete app selection and a premium priced device that will no doubt be obsolete as fast as the last 5 innovative handsets these dunderheads have produced.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-15-13 01:28 AM
    Oh cry me a river!

It's self-important people like yourselves with no idea how businesses operate that seem to have this twisted sense of entitlement.

Get over yourselves or just plain leave.
    07-15-13 03:19 AM
    So businesses should operate by lying to consumers at a product's launch to make it attractive, keep lying to push it out of the warehouse, and then quietly kill it when sales don't go as planned? That's what BBRY did with the PlayBook.

Nokia killed Symbian development in 2011 when it was only selling Symbian smartphones, before switching to Windows Phone. The CEO stated that support would continue until 2016 although, by 2013, most Symbian developers at Nokia and Accenture had been transferred to other duties or laid off. Even then, system and core app updates continue to be rolled out on an "abandoned" platform that is almost three years old by now. Third party developers are still coding for Symbian and its abandoned sister Meego.

So what the hell is BBRY doing? The Facebook icon issue, 30-day email limit, broken IMAP support, an ancient Android runtime that hogs resources and is buggy as hell... all swept under the rug. All this was supposed to be fixed with BB10 for PB but that's gone, and so is all hope of having these issues fixed.

BBRY released a product that was barely fit for purpose Oh yeah, to make you even more angry, there's a new Android 4.2 runtime available for leaked 10.2 devices.
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    07-15-13 05:06 AM
    Oh cry me a river!

It's self-important people like yourselves with no idea how businesses operate that seem to have this twisted sense of entitlement.

why river when i can give you an ocean.
    "its the captain of a ship who needs to be blamed for the sinking." he is the chief, so he cannot run away.
    i can use glycerine and cry you an ocean.
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-15-13 05:19 AM
    So businesses should operate by lying to consumers at a product's launch to make it attractive, keep lying to push it out of the warehouse, and then quietly kill it when sales don't go as planned? That's what BBRY did with the PlayBook.

Nokia killed Symbian development in 2011 when it was only selling Symbian smartphones, before switching to Windows Phone. The CEO stated that support would continue until 2016 although, by 2013, most Symbian developers at Nokia and Accenture had been transferred to other duties or laid off. Even then, system and core app updates continue to be rolled out on an "abandoned" platform that is almost three years old by now. Third party developers are still coding for Symbian and its abandoned sister Meego.

So what the hell is BBRY doing? The Facebook icon issue, 30-day email limit, broken IMAP support, an ancient Android runtime that hogs resources and is buggy as hell... all swept under the rug. All this was supposed to be fixed with BB10 for PB but that's gone, and so is all hope of having these issues fixed.

BBRY released a product that was barely fit for purpose Oh yeah, to make you even more angry, there's a new Android 4.2 runtime available for leaked 10.2 devices.
    uwaaaaaaaaaaaa, meego. my n900. how much can someone guess how much it pains to see meego die. first time i compiled x-loader.bin and nolo using it. sigh different story.
    thanks!
    -paul
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-15-13 05:21 AM
    PB early adopters, will you buy another BB product or not?-img_00000002.jpg

Is my pb on the fritz or did rimberry write the poll software for crackberry?
    07-15-13 06:38 AM
    Unsure at this time and not all due to the pb. Seems their execution sucks and the phones are still having the same issues they released with. They certainly don't seem to have changed much at all.
    Yes.

TH wanted to make bb10 available for the playbook but if it was going to run like crap then what's the point.

J

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-15-13 06:57 AM
    The point is:
    Why he lied for months

BB10 for PB development started last year
    07-15-13 07:04 AM
    I bought the PB at original price and bought a z10 shortly after launch

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Really? You do not learn much from past experiences, do you?

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-15-13 08:17 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000002.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	182799

Is my pb on the fritz or did rimberry write the poll software for crackberry?
    Mmmmmmmm 1 and 1 is 2, 2 and 2 is eighteen! It's easy, can you not count?

1161.80 will always. Be a bigger percentage than 6435.96! Did you not know that? Simple bb mathematical solution really!

Where are the pictures from by the way because they don't represent the numbers?
    07-15-13 02:31 PM
    Oh cry me a river!

Your the reason they're going out of business.. well played!

Posted via CB10
    lnichols and BB_Bmore like this.
    07-15-13 02:55 PM
    I was an early adopter. Bought a 32gb full price over an iPad.

With that said I'll buy a bbry device anytime.

Posted via CB from my LE
    If I'm reading the links in your signature correctly you are profiting from BlackBerry doing good, correct?
    EG: filearchivehaven | @kerm_ed BlackBerry World - FileArchiveHaven

Well if I profited from the sale of BlackBery products or was selling apps on I'd buy another and would be encouraging others to do so as well!

(At least you're honest about profiting from BB doing good, unlike the hordes of SHILLS and FanBoys here that have a vested financial interest.)

May the poll should be restricted to:

A: To those that purchased the devices with their OWN money.
    B: Those that are not connected to RIM/BlackBerry in ANY way shape or form. (This means if you have STOCK, you're out.)
    C: Vendors and or Developers who PROFIT in any way shape or form from BlackBerry doing good.
    D: Suppliers, resellers... basically ANYONE that profits from BlackBerry in any way shape or form.

Not doing so is a conflict of interest bigtime

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 07-15-13 at 07:35 PM.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    07-15-13 07:23 PM
    If I'm reading the links in your signature correctly you are profiting from BlackBerry doing good, correct?
    EG: filearchivehaven | @kerm_ed BlackBerry World - FileArchiveHaven

Well if I profited from the sale of BlackBery products or was selling apps on I'd buy another and would be encouraging others to do so as well!

(At least you're honest about profiting from BB doing good, unlike the hordes of SHILLS and FanBoys here that have a vested financial interest.)

May the poll should be restricted to:

A: To those that purchased the devices with their OWN money.
    B: Those that are not connected to RIM/BlackBerry in ANY way shape or form. (This means if you have STOCK, you're out.)
    C: Vendors and or Developers who PROFIT in any way shape or form from BlackBerry doing good.
    D: Suppliers, resellers... basically ANYONE that profits from BlackBerry in any way shape or form.

Not doing so is a conflict of interest bigtime

Base on your restriction, you won't even get a 100 votes which render the poll meaningless. For what it's worth, I'm a small time investor on BB and I voted no more BB for me. Because I believe BB cannot afford to alienate any more customers if they want to see the company survive through this hard time. If they do not rectify this situation, no matter how much I want their devices to sell, it's not going to happen with the bad mouthing start to spread. This time Samsung doesn't even need to spend a dime. Pizz off customers will do the work alone. I took a chance of investing in a company I thought has such great potential to witness such bad PR management. It's like you encounter a well dress good looking guy and thought the best of him until he open his mouth and speak. Oh well, my loss.
    07-15-13 08:00 PM
260 ... 678910 ...