View Poll Results: PB early adopters, will you ever buy another BB product?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!, No more BB for me!

148 64.35%
  • Yes!, I will continue purchasing BB items

77 33.48%
  • Already sold my PB and left BB

5 2.17%
    Your point only makes sense if you are talking about bringing BB10 to an unrelated device...like say my toaster, garage door opener of perhaps some otherwise unfamiliar device without the base qnx kernel software ...THAT THEY BUILT BB10 on. If they can't make their own devices communicate and operate with some basic form of backward compatibilty, I for one don't find the need to excuse this buy suggesting they can't make money from supporting playbooks.

They did however manage to not sell me any future devices.

I guess we are both out of order..... as least the future of my beloved gaggle of Playbooks will be in near future.
    Before iPhones and Androids, not many phones were backwards compatible... didn't stop you from buying a new phone then, did it? We are spoiled with updates. (and to be fair, companies are lazy in thinking they can release whatever half-baked OS they want to b/c they think they can update it) And what I mean is, you don't make any money off software updates. (unless you're windows and charge for it) Once the product is sold, that's virtually it. Software updates cost money to manufacture (money that many feel needs to be spent in marketing).
    07-12-13 10:38 PM
    Trust me your Z10 is an unfinished product. But you won't mind, you'll happily drop another three quarters of a grand in a month or two for the newest latest and greatest.

Have fun with that
    I work hard, and I spend my money on what I feel is worth it. I'm entitled to do that as a consumer in this economy. If I feel like my Z10 can't do what I want it to do in 2 months & there's something that can. It's my choice to buy it. I'll buy it with pride & pep in my step! I don't chase the latest & greatest. I decide what my values are. If the latest & greatest is the issue, I'll stick with iPhones or non-Verizon Nexus devices. I'm smart enough of a consumer to know how to spend my money.
    07-12-13 10:42 PM
    Wow, you are really an unhappy camper, arent you? Sure a small team of ppl at a hack-a-thon can build something (and something quite nice at that! hat's off to em!) But I'm more than positive, if it was to be adopted for a full-scale development, a lot more time will go into testing, and development.
    You're right, I don't know how much time is dedicated to building software. But I have a grasp on reality and know that it does take time to do the right way. I do know about efficiency, you're just not a very realistic person. Oh well. You'll live.

You're welcome!
    I am speaking about full scale production oriented stuffs. Not like you are having right now in your wildest imagination.

Then, my point is you don't have a playbook, if no then why are you even pinching salt in our wounds.

Are you a Harvard MBA graduate trying to find yourself in blackberry in the sales division? Then dont waste your time here. Try Careers - Canada

you are a very good in sales. Try joining their sales departments. They need energetic people like you and not old hags like us.

Just one issue is itching my fingers tips so I am scratching the keyboard, your pay will be low.

And hats off! Oh yea! We open source guys always gets a hats off, leaving a couple of times. But thats okay anyway. “TI WORKS (TM)” 90% right for us.

“Oh well. You'll live.“ -> PB early adopters, will you buy another BB product or not?-superiorsheldon.jpg

And having said that? Here will my approach to you, ` Type a reply for all the posts by you from here on, and instead of clicking “post quick reply” I will hit the cancel button`.

How is that? Or Howzzat?

thanks!
    -paul
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-12-13 10:45 PM
    After reading your posts all i can say just one line.
    You want a lolly pop from blackberry. Then congratulations via Z10 you got it. Now enjoy it.
    99% out here are not happy with the candy balls we got/get plus the lies of more candy pills.
    If I argue with you for 10 minutes longer, either I will turn homicidal or suicidal. You can pick either of the two. We heard you now thank you very much! If we like to hear from you once again we will send you a private message. Enjoy playing some games on your Z10, while we LOOSERS crib and bang our head here. Thank you very much but no thanks, yet thanks anyway.
    thanks!
    -paul
    So you're mad b/c I took a side & stand by it? I never called you a looser. Don't be so hard on yourself. But your tantrum isn't necessary & I thought it was my right to voice an opinion. Just b/c its not the same as yours doesn't make me a fanboy. (Esp. since this is my 1st BB in years... maybe you don't know what a fanboy is...)

I don't play many games on my Z10, we both know those options are limited lol!

I would welcome you to sending me a PM and we can have a full out debate, but you're too dramatic and might need to seek help for that suicidal comment. That's seriously nothing to joke about.
    07-12-13 10:55 PM
    So you're mad b/c I took a side & stand by it? I never called you a looser. Don't be so hard on yourself. But your tantrum isn't necessary & I thought it was my right to voice an opinion. Just b/c its not the same as yours doesn't make me a fanboy. (Esp. since this is my 1st BB in years... maybe you don't know what a fanboy is...)

I don't play many games on my Z10, we both know those options are limited lol!

I would welcome you to sending me a PM and we can have a full out debate, but you're too dramatic and might need to seek help for that suicidal comment. That's seriously nothing to joke about.
    Careers - Canada
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-12-13 10:56 PM
    Ok, this is my last post on this thread... that Paul guy is seriously upset & the last thing I want is someone to commit suicide over an internet disagreement. Simple fact is, I understand everyone who is upset about their playbooks. My goal here is not to offend anyone. I simply had an opinion & too much time on my hands. If you are seriously that sensitive about the topic, i can respect your feelings & don't need to talk down to you to. It's rude. But I don't mind debating with anyone & realize I can get carried away sometimes.

Just b/c I never owned a PB, doesn't make me a troll, if I came here screaming BB sucked then I would be a troll... I actually support BB (and every company for that matter)
    07-12-13 11:04 PM
    Ok, this is my last post on this thread... that Paul guy is seriously upset & the last thing I want is someone to commit suicide over an internet disagreement. Simple fact is, I understand everyone who is upset about their playbooks. My goal here is not to offend anyone. I simply had an opinion & too much time on my hands. If you are seriously that sensitive about the topic, i can respect your feelings & don't need to talk down to you to. It's rude. But I don't mind debating with anyone & realize I can get carried away sometimes.

Just b/c I never owned a PB, doesn't make me a troll, if I came here screaming BB sucked then I would be a troll... I actually support BB (and every company for that matter)
    Thank you, Jeremy Bivens, for regaining consciousness! And thank you since your battery is running low on amps.

Others? Start ranting! :-D You are a good in sales.

Today lets rant all day long! Since Jeremy Bivens, is exhausted? We all can get back to what we do best. Rant.

thanks!
    -paul
    07-12-13 11:13 PM
    Its kind of sad to me how many people are hating blackberry because they didn't bring bb10 to the playbook. yes, it was a bit of a blow, and a little upsetting for blackberry to retract on one of their promises. BUT....i don't think anyone got a blackberry, just because they heard the playbook was going to eventually get bb10. I know i got my blackberry(s) because i thought it was (and continue to think) it is the best mobile platform out there. Unfortunately the playbook wont be getting bb10, because they didn't want to sacrifice the quality the we have all come to expect from them. i know blackberry has bigger things planned for the future and i cant wait to be one of the first in line to get my hands on it.
    On a personal not a business level I bought $4,000 worth of PlayBooks and accessories based upon what the statements made by the CEO of BlackBerry staying BB10 OS would be coming to the PlayBook.

I personally don't care about everything that is "BB10 OS" coming to the PlayBook.. (I'd be happy with a BB10 "lite")
    What is upsetting is I feel that BB knew many months ago that BB10 on the PlayBook wasn't going to happen and purposely delayed making the announcement they were going back on their word.

Think about this, they have a line of new phones with this wiz-bang-super-duper- "Hey this OS is going to save BB" called BB10 OS they are promoting big-time.
    They are at the same time trying to clear many thousands upon thousands upon thousands upon thousands upon thousands upon thousands upon thousands of PlayBook sitting in warehouses that didn't sell.

Do you think they are going to do a press release that paints the BB10 OS in a "negative fashion" in any way shape or form?

No they're not. They're going to sit on the info and move as much of the old dead stock of PlayBooks as they can and they are going to strategically "Wait" until a good amount of users are reporting problems with the "new" OS, and then release the bombshell that BB10 won't be coming to the PlayBook as the new users will be more focused on their problems. EG: So I'm so glad they stopped wasting time on that 2yr PlayBook, so they can fix my shinny new phone. You PlayBook dudes need to get over it, blah, blah.)

BTW: If you are a owner of the new devices expect the same kind of delay tactics. (Aren't those Z10's about 7 months old now- 8 + months if you count the manufacturing date?

As it relates to "phones"... unless you guys get everything fixed before 12 months, or before the "next" gen model is released you too will be hearing "Oh, that phone is old tech... etc.... BlackBerry needs to be putting all their focus on the next gen units... sorry no updates, fixes to the OS, or apps will be forth coming as frankly we (BB) have already spent the money we made on the profit from the sale of xyz device to you and we are busy promoting and trying to get the next round of devices to market.

Really guys, we have "moved on" that model is no longer a "hot" item...

It's the typical throw the mud against the wall and see how much will stick approach. We project so many people will be happy with the device AS-IS to the point they don't return the device within the 14-day buyers remorse period that's common with devices that have a CONTRACT attached to them ....We are not concerned with to a great degree about the mud that falls off the wall (People unhappy or having problems.) to really to any appreciable degree as we (xyz company) has "moved on" to the next round of shinny new devices and our focus is to get them to market as fast as we can. - we have all our best people working on the new devices.. so sorry.

BTW: As it relates to phones, Most of you are going to be locked into a 2yr contract...
    richardat likes this.
    07-12-13 11:24 PM
    Before iPhones and Androids, not many phones were backwards compatible... didn't stop you from buying a new phone then, did it? We are spoiled with updates. (and to be fair, companies are lazy in thinking they can release whatever half-baked OS they want to b/c they think they can update it) And what I mean is, you don't make any money off software updates. (unless you're windows and charge for it) Once the product is sold, that's virtually it. Software updates cost money to manufacture (money that many feel needs to be spent in marketing).
    You're on track, see my previous post.
    To expand on what you stated:

Most companies are
    A: In a race to release xyz product before their competitor does.
    B: Are in a race to get the product to market as soon as possible.
    C: Don't do much real world testing, focus is to get it to market as FAST as they can.
    D: Have the "throw the mud against the wall and hope most of it sticks" mentality.
    E: Don't really care about the "mud" that falls off the wall (Customers being affected by problems) unless that number is large enough to generate negative publicity to the extent it's affecting their sales numbers.
    07-12-13 11:30 PM
    Careers - Canada
    thanks!
    -paul
    RE: blackberry.com/company/careers

Looks like except for upper management they need to clear out they're not hiring, but pulling back.

PB early adopters, will you buy another BB product or not?-bb-lost-jobs-hey-your-fired.png
    07-12-13 11:40 PM
    You're on track, see my previous post.
    To expand on what you stated:

Most companies are
    A: In a race to release xyz product before their competitor does.
    B: Are in a race to get the product to market as soon as possible.
    C: Don't do much real world testing, focus is to get it to market as FAST as they can.
    D: Have the "throw the mud against the wall and hope most of it sticks" mentality.
    Don't try to push too fast too quick which is too fat. It will explode. Thats what happened with Blackberry Playbook OS 10.x

Did you see their developer JAM videos?

All I said was awwwwwwwww maiiiiiiiii gawdddddddddd! Seriously WTF! They included anything and everything. Apple's object-c, android, security, encryption, Adobe on poor QNX.

Result which we all know. The donkey died.

So I decided to punch the bootrom which is the main culprit out of the way.

If there is no competition then there is no fun. But that doesn't mean pushing a useless horse to run the race.

thanks!
    -paul
    07-12-13 11:40 PM
    Trust me your Z10 is an unfinished product. But you won't mind, you'll happily drop another three quarters of a grand in a month or two for the newest latest and greatest.

Have fun with that
    That is an issue or the issue. If you read the threads, there are quite a number of people who do drop 3/4 of a grand on new devices quite easily. I don't begrudge them their spending power but many folks can't afford to do that. The CEO promised, promised more than once, that all pb's would get bb10. I'm sure a reasonable number of folks relied on that. Foolish - well, in hindsight, clearly. But reliance on such statements in Germany at least, is actionable. In other places, who knows without spending money on law suits. But in any event, one should be able to rely on the CEO of a rather large and formerly reputable company to produce what was promised. Now we are sure that that was a mistake. Many will no longer rely on such assurances. Is that good or bad? It has been said a number of times, good will can be worth more than a set amount of dollars. In some cases good will can be calculated and in others it cannot be. We shall see if the good will squandered in this case pans out for the best or worst for Rim, I mean, BBRY. But it seems that the stock took another hit. Maybe that was/is the plan. Someone on the inside wants to grab cheap shares as bbry recovers easily from this blunder.

Clearly, this is a scab that keeps being scratched and reopens this recent and raw wound. Bandaids are not yet preventing recurring pain.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-13-13 12:02 AM
    I know how long it takes to build and test a product. I would not commit to my clients and over promise before I understand the minimum requirements and the limitations! Imagine you are a client and the company keeps over promising on a software for more than 2 years and one day says they can't complete the software? Will you accept the half baked s/w? Do you think it is fair? Will you go to that company for another project?

The trust is gone on BlackBerry! They are the ones to be blamed! not the customers.

1st, you have zero clue how long it takes to build, test, scrap, build, test, modify, test, fail, repeat, etc. a mobile platform. Esp. while you're trying to build 2 decent phones to try & make a few bucks off of. (keep in mind that upgrading the PB makes no money for the company, its an added expense.. whole 'nother story)
    2nd, I'm not saying its 100% the customer's fault either, but you can't make a bad choice & start pointing fingers. Is BlackBerry a **** for making a promise they couldn't keep? Yes. I can completely agree with that, but its kinda like getting mad at loosing money b/c of insider trading. You shouldn't have spent the money based on someone's word. Just a bad consumer move.

Lastly, the OP really asked if early adopters are upset.. most of my posts have been geared towards the late adopters. I realize I'm out of order here! LOL
    Last edited by arvind1983; 07-13-13 at 12:03 AM. Reason: typos
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    07-13-13 12:02 AM
    Thats really bad, you seem like you have no problem if company uses you like beta tester. Please open your eyes and see the tech world. The other companies are offering better value for customers. BBRY has no value for loyal customers they do not deserve your love. I learnt it in a hard way.

You want my honest opinion? Yes. I earnestly feel like I got out of my Z10 what I put in. I wanted to experience the new technology & I did (I also had a contingency plan if I didn't lol). But I knew what I was purchasing when I bought it. That's like getting mad b/c they promised more apps were coming. I knew there weren't a lot of apps & I know there was no way to promise more apps to come. I still bought it. I lived with my decision as a consumer to make an early purchase of a no-so-robust ecosystem.
    If the CEO told me that 10.2 would not work on my Z10 and I just have to buy another one, I can accept it. This is a topic I've discussed extensively with colleagues of mine about Android updates. Many of their phones fall into that exact category: don't get updated even though they're only a few months old (let alone 2 years!) Fact of the matter is, you buy technology because it does what you need it to do when you need it to do it. If I bought a PlayBook b/c I needed it to run BB10, but it didn't BB10, why the hell did I buy it?? Hopes and dreams?? Which is exactly what ppl did.
    And I never called anyone stupid. I said it was a rookie consumer mistake. We all make impulse purchases and live to regret them. But we are all competent enough to understand what we did wrong. No need to pout and bash and get mad at the guy who doesn't agree.
    Also, your last example about throwing money at an unfinished product... why would you buy an unfinished product??
    07-13-13 12:07 AM
    You do not understand the feelings of PB owners because you do not own one. Since the day one PB was unfinished till now! We have paid full price for BBRY to build an OS and beta test on us. Again since you do not own a PB you dont understand out frustration with this company, they also persuaded PB owners to buy Z10 with a lie. I do not understand why you are trying to defend BBRY so much when you do not own a PB and you are in a PB thread defending every post!

07-13-13 12:14 AM
    That is an issue or the issue. If you read the threads, there are quite a number of people who do drop 3/4 of a grand on new devices quite easily. I don't begrudge them their spending power but many folks can't afford to do that. The CEO promised, promised more than once, that all pb's would get bb10. I'm sure a reasonable number of folks relied on that. Foolish - well, in hindsight, clearly. But reliance on such statements in Germany at least, is actionable. In other places, who knows without spending money on law suits. But in any event, one should be able to rely on the CEO of a rather large and formerly reputable company to produce what was promised. Now we are sure that that was a mistake. Many will no longer rely on such assurances. Is that good or bad? It has been said a number of times, good will can be worth more than a set amount of dollars. In some cases good will can be calculated and in others it cannot be. We shall see if the good will squandered in this case pans out for the best or worst for Rim, I mean, BBRY. But it seems that the stock took another hit. Maybe that was/is the plan. Someone on the inside wants to grab cheap shares as bbry recovers easily from this blunder.

Clearly, this is a scab that keeps being scratched and reopens this recent and raw wound. Bandaids are not yet preventing recurring pain.
    My cousin is PhD in economics, a week back I was discussing with her about this issue. She told me this.

“This is a very clever plot. Project a product of yours as a big flop, then investors loose faith in your stocks and they sell it quickly, for profit booking. Now when profit booking started, the stocks fall faster than expected. When it happens? Market (people or ordinary traders) looses confidence. Shattering downfall is the result.

But don't go away there is more to this story. When market shatters, the company may sell it saying it cannot run so much in loss. This causes in job cuts. Many job cuts. And then the company is finally sold to someone other company/individual/group.

The original Board Members still keep with them 30% of stocks! ;-) [Notice the cunning plan?]
    Now when some powerful group buys it? People regain faith in the merged or off spin/spun company. They invests more thinking the new management will do better.

So the old management walks away with the 30% stock + selling price, and who are the worst sufferers? Who else consumers and employees, who takes the hardest hit. “

All I did was paused with my jaw dropped on this analysis. [This is way fscking more than inside trading, this is kinda cheating!] ;-) And I said brilliant, to her and RIM's plan.

You like it or not is not my problem, but to me this looks pretty much a scenario in the near future say in 2-3 years. By the way the company name was also changed recently from RIM to Blackberry. Right?

This is economic fraud and that too well thought of and carefully planned, and systematic execution.

Looks like RIM &/ Blackberry, fooled us all, april fools, 354 days a year.

I feel pathetic!

thanks!
    -paul
    07-13-13 12:22 AM
    Have and will again, stop ******** and let it go, better things are coming.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Its a bitter pill, I chewed it off. And I feel much better now having chewed the bitter pill. Thats why i am into development. But not many here are into development which leaves them in this state. RIM/Blackberry doesnt understand their plight, but this community can right? Or am I wrong?

My tiny thought!

thanks!
    -paul
    07-13-13 12:49 AM
    Well thanks everyone for opening my eyes! My love for a BlackBerry blinded me to the obvious. I am a very long time user of BlackBerry and don't even remember the model number of the first one! I am very upset that I was lied too as so many others were with regards to bb10 coming to my 3 playbooks. I was also very upset when my brand new Q10 lost many of its bridging functions that my 9780 and 9900 had! The Q10 will be my last BlackBerry product that I ever purchase. I do hope another company takes over. I am not sure what my next cell phone will be as I still have approx 30 months left to decide! I am sure there will be a whole new world in that time. BlackBerry has truly lost all my faith now. Its a very sad day but life goes on!

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    07-13-13 01:30 AM
    Bring cross platform video chat if at all possible, improve browser and contact / calendar sync to show some support.

Improve marketing message across the current models in their respective regions especially in the US.

Quit chasing and LEAD..... Show the strengths of what does work and push it!!!!
    07-13-13 04:58 AM
    The problem with the tech industry now is that we're all beta testers - it's just a matter of degree. Apple are very good at pushing out well-tested products (except that antenna issue and crap iOS6 maps ) and they fix issues soon after. Samsung is a close second, while BBRY takes its own damn sweet time... for two long years, as with the PlayBook.

Consumers are willing to put up with major issues as long as fixes arrive within the promised timeframe. BBRY showed they can do neither. I won't be touching any BBRY product or recommending them to anyone else after this PB fiasco. If you can't trust them to bring BB10 for PB, can you trust them to fix the Z10's reboot problems or update the Android runtime to Jelly Bean?
    07-13-13 05:00 AM

Really think about it guys, early adopters were not promised anything and have by the time the update was announced had "gotten their monies worth out of the device" as so many early adopters say so if anything the poll should be restricted to those that made a purchase based upon promises made what late 2012.

PS: Most of those that bought late in the

As an early adopter of the BlackBerry PlayBook, preordered it on April 17, 2011, I will decide whether I have gotten my monies worth from the tablet, not you. When BlackBerry crippled BlackBerry Bridge integration between the tablet and next generation smartphones they proved themselves incompetent. Application developers have fled from the BlackBerry PlayBook initially on the word from the CEO that BlackBerry OS 10 was coming to the tablet. Thorsten is out of his mind. BlackBerry has failed to deliver and it is only getting worse.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    07-13-13 05:11 AM
    Anyday in future this will be the headline.
    Blackberry Co. for Sale! Limited seats! Call Now! ;-)
    thanks!
    -paul
    Attached Thumbnails PB early adopters, will you buy another BB product or not?-company-sale.jpeg  
    07-13-13 05:15 AM
    I'm happy with my PlayBook without BB10 and I will stay with BlackBerry out of choice. I have no problems with my BlackBerry products, they are all working as I expected and knew they would when I bought them.
    07-13-13 05:27 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Better things are coming for sure.
    They are called apples, robots, windows etc
    07-13-13 06:49 AM
260 ... 45678 ...