View Poll Results: PB early adopters, will you ever buy another BB product?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!, No more BB for me!

148 64.35%
  • Yes!, I will continue purchasing BB items

77 33.48%
  • Already sold my PB and left BB

5 2.17%
    I bought mine with a fifty dollars rebate at Staples a few months after release. I loved it, my new toy. Bought it mainly for business and used it daily for a year or so in that capacity. After a couple problems occurred and I had to reinstall the OS and lost all data I quit using it as much. I use it for Internet and simple contract writing and referencing. Never thought the PB would get BB os 10 so that does not effect me or my opinion of BB. I jumped on the tablet wave of euphoria and bought a couple, now my interest has peaked so I doubt I would get another. I think the MS Surface would be a better fit for me now. I am looking forward to the release later this year of the next handset and perhaps I will continue my support of BB.
    07-11-13 07:52 PM
    So when Blackberry declares that the current generation of BB10 devices lack the horsepower to run BB11, expect the same deception that the Playbook community had experienced. Since they had successfully managed to eradicate one of their product lines without much of a media whimper, I don't see why the same tactic would not work in the future.
    I'm sorry you're frustrated, but it's not deception to require newer hardware to run the latest software.

They wanted BB10 on the playbook. They couldn't get there. I'd much rather they concentrate on next gen devices than a two year old tablet that sells for $149.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:19 PM
    Its kind of sad to me how many people are hating blackberry because they didn't bring bb10 to the playbook. yes, it was a bit of a blow, and a little upsetting for blackberry to retract on one of their promises. BUT....i don't think anyone got a blackberry, just because they heard the playbook was going to eventually get bb10. I know i got my blackberry(s) because i thought it was (and continue to think) it is the best mobile platform out there. Unfortunately the playbook wont be getting bb10, because they didn't want to sacrifice the quality the we have all come to expect from them. i know blackberry has bigger things planned for the future and i cant wait to be one of the first in line to get my hands on it.
    07-11-13 08:29 PM
    Its kind of sad to me how many people are hating blackberry because they didn't bring bb10 to the playbook. yes, it was a bit of a blow, and a little upsetting for blackberry to retract on one of their promises. BUT....i don't think anyone got a blackberry, just because they heard the playbook was going to eventually get bb10. I know i got my blackberry(s) because i thought it was (and continue to think) it is the best mobile platform out there. Unfortunately the playbook wont be getting bb10, because they didn't want to sacrifice the quality the we have all come to expect from them. i know blackberry has bigger things planned for the future and i cant wait to be one of the first in line to get my hands on it.
    Actually a lot of people, myself included, bought the PlayBook because of the promise of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:54 PM
    Some of the quality issues: can't search for a term on a webpage, can't search for a term in the native pdf reader. Can't rename or reorganize bookmarks. The browser sometimes plays checkers better than it browses. Can't take a picture and attach it and it preceding picture to an email easily. Can't attach DocA to an email easily. Yes, most users would not want to sacrifice that type of quality. Can't backup and/or restore individual apps to the pb. Now you can't use the missing Bridge features with bb10. So they certainly left it in an enviable condition.

I grant the device has its good points and generally is well-built. But it certainly has issues that were never addressed and probably will never be addressed.
    07-11-13 08:57 PM
    Purchased it day 1 in Australia. Use it primarily for work. Still use it primarily for work. The cash laid out isn't a problem since it is a work expense and compensates itself at tax time. The devices do what I need them to do, I'll keep coming back until such time as they don't
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-11-13 09:00 PM
    No I will not.
    07-11-13 09:09 PM
    How do you know there wasn't? Just because YOU didn't test it, nor hear about any testing, doesn't mean it didn't happen. (I'm not saying it did, either. Just saying you can't say that with any certainty)
    BBRY had 2 years to develop BB10, don't tell me they found out only last week that PB can't handle BB10 because it has only 1GB RAM! Do you know PB was used to develop BB10? Before Dev alphas were released the apps were tested using the PlayBook do you remember that?
    07-11-13 09:36 PM
    But I bought the Z10 because BB said BB10 was coming to the PlayBook!

07-11-13 09:38 PM
    Sadly no, I don't believe I will. I'll continue to use my PlayBook until it dies and then I'll move along. I've already done so with my smartphone as a BB10 device wasn't available with my carrier when my 1-yr-old 9930 refused to reboot. It makes me sad but watching things unfold over the last couple of years has left me mistrustful. I hope BBRY takes care of those who purchased their new BB10 devices but I'm glad I won't have to worry about it.
    bodjor likes this.
    07-11-13 10:01 PM
    You'd be surprised how many people bought a PlayBook today on tomorrow's promises. Sure it's bad business sense but it's even worse customer sense. Yet, no one wants to admit they made a bad, rookie customer mistake. Instead, it's 100% BlackBerry's fault.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:03 PM
    BBRY had 2 years to develop BB10, don't tell me they found out only last week that PB can't handle BB10 because it has only 1GB RAM! Do you know PB was used to develop BB10? Before Dev alphas were released the apps were tested using the PlayBook do you remember that?
    They probably spent that 2 years trying very hard to make bb10 run on the PlayBook. They probably realized it wasn't likely to work out a while ago & just now made the decision to throw in the towel. I never said anything about the RAM, but I'm sure it's not the sole determining factor in whether bb10 will run efficiently on the PlayBook. Sure they used play books to test bb10, but guess what? They TESTED it with play books. Not made it run butter smooth and optimized.

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-11-13 10:16 PM
    Yes. The PlayBook did not bring us to BlackBerry, direct sync of Outlook without a cloud service did. The PlayBook was just a nice toy that enhanced the BlackBerry experience.

The PlayBook didn't make the company the phones did. By the time we get out of ATT contract jail both BB10 and Link will have matured enough to continue that experience for this household.
    07-12-13 12:13 AM
    But I bought the Z10 because BB said BB10 was coming to the PlayBook!
    Me too. Now I'm regretting it. Not because the z10 is bad but because I wanted a phone and tablet integration. I want the devices to work together. I don't want to pay another couple hundred bucks to have the same apps on two devices.

Posted from my ??????
    anon(4044683) and FF22 like this.
    07-12-13 12:20 AM
    No reason to upgrade from my 9550. It Bridges perfectly to my PB. Going to a Z10 would be a step backwards in integration. By the time one of the two dies, BB will likely be a software only company and I can buy new hardware from one of the surviving equipment companies...but it won't be BB.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-12-13 12:45 AM
    Yes I would and am. I'm getting my Q in a couple of weeks. I bought my first PB for $599 and it has served my needs well, so much so that I have since acquired two more for specific uses, and at those times I was fortunate enough to choose any tablet available, but the PB still is the better tablet for my needs, so still my choice. As others have stated, I didn't purchase my PBs anticipating BB10, so I've lost nothing and don't feel cheated by BB. I've had good service from my BB devices and as long as they continue to serve my needs I'll continue to purchase them.
    07-12-13 01:06 AM
    They probably spent that 2 years trying very hard to make bb10 run on the PlayBook. They probably realized it wasn't likely to work out a while ago & just now made the decision to throw in the towel.
    Posted via CB10
    If its true then its really a bad company in software development!

You'd be surprised how many people bought a PlayBook today on tomorrow's promises. Sure it's bad business sense but it's even worse customer sense. Yet, no one wants to admit they made a bad, rookie customer mistake. Instead, it's 100% BlackBerry's fault.
    Seriously, you are blaming the customers and not the manufacturer? customers stayed loyal to the company by supporting the products!
    07-12-13 02:22 AM
    If you are an early adopters, you will know that not only BB10 that was promised that were not delivered...

BB10 is supposedly to deliver and fulfill those previous promises... it is the only "hope"... and when you are looking for that "hope" long time ago that ends up with a simple reason that should be known from the very beginning of design phase and testing, you will feel like you have been scammed...

Those new buyers would not probably feel that deep disappointment...

Posted via Z10
    07-12-13 02:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    So you are okay with purchasing Z10 and Q10 at their current states? Though 10.2 is suppose to be the next update say in 3 months time. How would you feel next year, the ceo said, there's no update because it's not optimal to run 10.2. Alas, it's the stupidity of the customers that buy into the promise. What do they expect of a one year old device? These day and age technology advance too fast, we should just move on and continue to throw money at company who can't complete an unfinished product? I got an unfinished bridge to sell you. Don't worry I got the latest technology and assure you it will be build and completed soon.
    07-12-13 03:15 AM
    I won't vote as I am "merely" a late adopter. I just wanted to point out that the distinction between early and late adopter isn't very helpful either. I for one paid a lot less in an absolute sense, but that doesn't mean that in a relative sense (relative to my own meager income) it still wasn't a hefty sum.
    Carry on!
    That and the fact that those the were "Early Adopters" did not make a decision to purchase upon promises by the CEO of BlackBerry stating that a upgrade to the BB10 OS would be coming.

Really think about it guys, early adopters were not promised anything and have by the time the update was announced had "gotten their monies worth out of the device" as so many early adopters say so if anything the poll should be restricted to those that made a purchase based upon promises made what late 2012.

PS: Most of those that bought late in the game had a much better selection of competitors units to chose from - so "Buying BlackBerry" even at the reduced price was painful.

You had the PlayBook on one hand, on the other competitors units having tons of apps, that can be sourced easily and they're easily installed. Competing units accepting micro usb cards, ability to connect a mirco use port, etc. Then there was the fact you were buying a device that was anywhere from 12- 18+ old at the time of purchase.

Add to this the PlayBook OS is locked Down, and you are TOTALLY DEPENDENT on BLACKBERRY for ANY kind of updates, etc.

07-12-13 04:05 AM
    I use BB because of the security of it. Call me a rube, but I don't believe BB is sharing all its user's data with Google or Apple or any country's government. At lease that's what I hope. I just think that Google is a nosey dog so I minimize my use of their products with the single exception of my Nook. And I can't stand how restrictive iDevices are - so it's BB for me.
    07-12-13 05:53 AM
    Not saying I believe it (or not), but there was this weird little story on the side-lines of the PRISM leak... Prism: GCHQ 'penetrated BlackBerry security' to spy on G20 attendees, which doesn't implicate Blackberry itself, but could possibly shed a new light on the "inpenetrabiity" of their famed security...
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    07-12-13 07:21 AM
    I bought a Playbook day 1 for $499.

I will never buy another BlackBerry tablet but I did snag a Z10.

I do not blame BlackBerry for Playbook not getting BB10. If it doesn't work what can you do? I love my Z10 and I have a Nexus 7 now. All good.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 07:51 AM
    I bought the 32 GB PB for $599. The promotion showed Skype which never came. It has USB port but never was usable. AT&T blocked the bridge and we had to find a workaround. Many websites never worked to view media.
    Other things promised or delayed. I thought BB10 would finally give us a great PB. I will never be a early adopter after the PB and the delays with the Z10. BB prices drop quickly on their products. I will not buy from them again until I see that they have delivered.
    victorshikhman likes this.
    07-12-13 08:08 AM
    I jumped ship back in when they delayed the new phones and when apps I needed to use while on the road were not available for my Playbook. I went out and bought an iPad and would create a hotspot with my 9900....then I finally pulled the trigger and bought an iPhone. I got rid of my 9900 and hung on to my Playbook (which I picked up the day they were released). I hung on to it to see what BB10 was like and if it would convince me to sell my iPhone and come back to BB. Got tired of waiting and ending up selling the PB, I loved the size of it and it's portability compared to my full sized iPad. However I was torn as the iPad had all the apps I needed. I sold the PB with all my goodies that I had with it for $150 a few months back and picked up another iPad (this time the mini). I must say it's a fantastic device....extremely light and has what I need. I got tired of waiting and it looks like there are a lot more users out there that have waited longer than me and now......it's time to .....MAKE A DECISION! Do you stick it out with a company that has been deceitful or do you go to an unknown? Personally I have been impressed with the quality and customer service of Apple, which is actually quite funny as I swore I would never go Apple...I would go Android first. I still laugh at myself and so do others....they are shocked that I switched!
    07-12-13 08:25 AM
260 ... 23456 ...