View Poll Results: PB early adopters, will you ever buy another BB product?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!, No more BB for me!

148 64.35%
  • Yes!, I will continue purchasing BB items

77 33.48%
  • Already sold my PB and left BB

5 2.17%
    With the recent news that BB will not bring BB10 to the PB or any indication of an OS update for it, will you ever purchase an item with the Blackberry name on it?

Early adopters only please. We paid full price ($599 and higher) for the PB thus out much more hard earned cash then those that paid $150.00 for one.
    07-11-13 07:22 AM
    Yeah, maybe I'm just a sucker, what can I say.

Let's make it clear that I am definitely not thrilled about the current state of the PB. I am disappointed that the PB is not getting bb10, but not devastated. That would quickly change however if it should come to light that the PB won't be getting any more updates of any kind that would not make me happy at all. Even so, there is still no other tab or phone I'd rather be using, even with the PB's shortcomings.
    07-11-13 07:46 AM
    Yes, if they have some sort of loyalty reward for those who purchased the playbooks
    testement, imcurved and yzf.shaun like this.
    07-11-13 07:52 AM
    With the recent news that BB will not bring BB10 to the PB or any indication of an OS update for it, will you ever purchase an item with the Blackberry name on it?

Early adopters only please. We paid full price ($599 and higher) for the PB thus out much more hard earned cash then those that paid $150.00 for one.
    i will not buy any BlackBerry henceforth. had enough of their lies and lies and lies and lies and some more lies and more and more lies and some more lies and more of some more lies. mother fsckers! no more Blackberry. even if they make another playbook thing in future i am not going for that POISON IVY. my 4 Playbooks are enough.
    and i am sticking to these and no more.

blackberry blackberry go away,
    never come to me another day,
    brat paul wanted his device to play,
    blackberry blackberry go away!

thanks!
    -paul
    p.s. and i am never going to buy apple devices either. apple is like a pain in the buttole just like blackberry. so? net answer? NO to TWO, one apple and second blackberry. and now 2 girls are on my neighbours terrace and i better see them. nice hardware! ;-)
    07-11-13 07:54 AM
    Yes. My wife and I use our Playbooks all the time. They are still highly useful even without BB10 on them. Nothing has changed in that respect. I wish it had BB10 on it, but it isn't going to stop me from buying BB products. I think there are too many "Wendy Whiners" out there.
    07-11-13 07:57 AM
    I bought a 32gig PB the first week they were out and have felt the pain of first watching its price point slashed and burnt followed by Bridge having reduced capabilities with BB10 devices. That said, if BBRY brought out a competively priced modern looking 7" - 9" tablet with features for linked BB10 phones, then yes I would. Right now my PB has been reduced to being a browser and Kindle device and frankly there are nicer tablets out there for that purpose.
    menaknow and mk2234 like this.
    07-11-13 07:58 AM
    certainly not...it has been the last money from me to bb. never again. I do not look and am not a sucker. at least not twice.
    Tazos, therealjoeblow and tour_ism like this.
    07-11-13 08:00 AM
    I won't vote as I am "merely" a late adopter. I just wanted to point out that the distinction between early and late adopter isn't very helpful either. I for one paid a lot less in an absolute sense, but that doesn't mean that in a relative sense (relative to my own meager income) it still wasn't a hefty sum.
    Carry on!
    richardat and tour_ism like this.
    07-11-13 08:02 AM
    certainly not...it has been the last money from me to bb. never again. I do not look and am not a sucker. at least not twice.
    So why do you come to a BB forum?
    mk2234 likes this.
    07-11-13 08:04 AM
    Unsure at this time and not all due to the pb. Seems their execution sucks and the phones are still having the same issues they released with. They certainly don't seem to have changed much at all.
    07-11-13 08:07 AM
    Still use my PlayBook everyday, still buying BB products, as long as they exist.......still gonna be buying! I just luurrrv that Q10!
    CobaltTiNor and mk2234 like this.
    07-11-13 08:11 AM
    Please stay on topic...Thanks
    richardat likes this.
    07-11-13 08:15 AM
    Because they troll. That person only had negatice BB coments.
    mk2234 likes this.
    07-11-13 08:19 AM
    I bought my Playbook 64GB when they first came out, and yeas I paid full price for it. I've since then purchased 4 other playbooks at cheaper prices. I still use it everyday. I love it and it does what I thought it would do. I am unhappy that BB10 is not coming to the playbook, but I'm not shocked. It is a two+ year device and still very capable. I've spent 2500 or more on laptops to have them drop in price within 3 months to less than half the value. That doesn't mean the laptop doesn't function. I love my playbooks and my Z10.
    07-11-13 08:20 AM
    Im not all that upset that BB10 is not coming to playbook. I did not buy with the expectation that it will have BB10. I bought it because I like blackberry devices. I have been happy with all my phones, First BB was the first pearl and then curve then torch and now BB10. I will continue to support BB as long as they exist.
    mk2234, kwilli8 and anon(4275744) like this.
    07-11-13 08:28 AM
    No. (Edit: Won't buy a new tablet from BlackBerry. But a new smartphone is very much dependent on many things that have yet to work itself thru. The next two years will be very interesting if BlackBerry doesn't get itself together.)

The PlayBook and BBOS7 device I had before was so well integrated, that was the differentiating factor amongst other tablets. It served business and personal functions.

With that integration lacking between my Z10 and PlayBook, the PlayBook tablet now becomes nothing more than any other tablet...used for browsing and entertainment device. Sadly, the iPad mini does that better in most situations...which isn't a surprise to most BlackBerry fans anyway.
    Last edited by Bolderholder; 07-11-13 at 10:49 AM.
    WeAreNotAlone and brianatbb like this.
    07-11-13 08:40 AM
    Yes, this kind of thing happens all the time. I will still buy blackberry products. People just need to get over it, it is called life.

By the way people vote for the same politicians all the time, Blackberry has a better track record than those guys
    07-11-13 08:47 AM
    I'd buy a new BB10 playbook today if such a device were available. I'm actually more upset that their isn't an upgrade for me to buy then I am that my 2 year old tablet isn't being upgraded.

That said, as an early adopter (bought 2 playbooks on launch day) I still use my playbooks every day. They still do everything they did when I bought them and actually more. I'm in no way disappointed with my playbooks, just with the app selection on them. I'd like to be able to buy a current model so it's on the developers radar.

If anyone should feel disenfranchised with the fact that their existing tablet isn't receiving the upgrade though, it's actually not the early adopters.. as I said, our tablets do what they did when we bought them.. om launch day when I bought mine there was no BB10.. the only thing we're were promised was still coming were PIM apps, and they came. The folks who have an understandable right to be upset are those who bought it in the last 6 months. Sure they only spent 150 dollars or what have you, but they bought them whole under the promise it would be getting the upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:54 AM
    Not thrilled with the news of no BB10 on PB but I will still buy BlackBerry products if I feel it will fit my needs. I prefer QNX/BB10 over the other options out there. Plus the hardware is pretty decent too. Doesn't feel cheap to me.

Posted via CB10
    mk2234 likes this.
    07-11-13 08:54 AM
    Not unless they "right the situation". Money back, or Voucher for a new phone.
    streetpro likes this.
    07-11-13 08:59 AM
    i will not buy any BlackBerry henceforth. had enough of their lies and lies and lies and lies and some more lies and more and more lies and some more lies and more of some more lies. mother fsckers! no more Blackberry. even if they make another playbook thing in future i am not going for that POISON IVY. my 4 Playbooks are enough.
    and i am sticking to these and no more.
    blackberry blackberry go away,
    never come to me another day,
    brat paul wanted his device to play,
    blackberry blackberry go away!

thanks!
    -paul
    p.s. and i am never going to buy apple devices either. apple is like a pain in the buttole just like blackberry. so? net answer? NO to TWO, one apple and second blackberry. and now 2 girls are on my neighbours terrace and i better see them. nice hardware! ;-)
    I don't understand why you bought only 4 PlayBooks: my cousin bought 72 of them (I only 24)! Maybe normal people don't exist anymore.

However, I'll buy a Q10 or a Q5 only if RIM will push an update including at least BBM and up-to-date Bridge and browser (and the GPS Navigator used by OS 10 if possible). I simply ask the things that PlayBook never had: decent videochat, decent navigators. I don't want a stupid voucher: how much can they give us, a 50$ one? It's useless...
    mk2234 likes this.
    07-11-13 09:03 AM
    I would buy another playbook today just because my current playbook is still doing everything I need it to do and more. hope to be an early adopter for this one as well
    mk2234 likes this.
    07-11-13 09:04 AM
    Undecided regarding BlackBerry in general. But I can say I'm done being an early adopter.
    Two 64 gig PB'S and a Z10.
    I am not down that much about BB10 not coming to the PB. But I am not very happy that because of all of the time they spent trying to get it to work, they stopped development of enhancements in the PB OS that could have made it an even better tablet.

Posted via CB10
    jamesjmunro and grissomtech like this.
    07-11-13 09:12 AM
    I will continue to buy Blackberry products as long as they are quality products that serve my needs.
    07-11-13 09:14 AM
    definitely buy another product... this is what happens when you buy technology. Old versions are not supported or drivers are not available, etc... BTW Apple is the worst example of this.
    mk2234 likes this.
    07-11-13 09:18 AM
260 123 ...