Alright, A while ago I tried to connect my PB to my pc. I have windows 8 on my machine, and I think is the first time I've connected the PB to the PC since my upgrade. Everytime I connect the PB to the usb on my pc I got this error:

"Blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device.

If the device is rebooting or has a dead battery, click Retry to attempt to reconnect once the device reboots.

If clicking Retry doesn't connect the device, or the device isn't rebooting with a charged battery, you may need to update you Blackberry Tablet OS to correct the problem. "

Then there is a hyperlink to troubleshoot the problem which never resolves the problem.

I clicked retry many times. I tried to update the OS even though I knew I already had the latest version and all that did was wipe my PB completely. The PB knows it is being plugged in and shows the PC connection notification, Desktop software launches automatically when it gets plugged into the PC. I uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop software. I tried connecting to the PC using different cables. I'm not quite sure what else I can do here. I have a feeling I'm missing something very obvious and I can't figure it out. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    02-17-13 07:55 PM
    good luck! had this same problem with my desktop. Now i must use my laptop.
    02-17-13 08:07 PM
    Windows 8, wants to use its own drivers, according to Rim (blackberry). After two hours on the phone, the only way around it is to transfer via Wifi.
    02-17-13 09:09 PM
    I'm trying to remember if some folks went into the Device Manager and rolled back the driver or something like that.
    02-17-13 09:44 PM
    Download BlackBerry Link desktop software, then install it on your desktop. Next run the BlackBerry link the connect the playbook and you will connect and backup media, etc just like the old BlackBerry desktop software only thing is do not unistall the old as you will need for your BlackBerry phone to sync

Hope this helps
    02-17-13 11:53 PM