Hi All, just got a new cheapy router (D link 601) replaced an extremely old D link... at first none of our bb or pb would connect using WPA2, switched to WPA personal and bbs connected fine. PB says connected and will load a page once after setting up network again on device and then continues to say conected but won't load any pages or apps. Help?
    Things I've tried
    1. Enable ipv6
    2. Running different variations of 802.11 mode... g, g/b
    Thanks in advance! I'd hate to have to switch back to my dinosaur router just to use pb.
    02-01-12 10:23 PM
    I have a DIR-615 and have had problems with my BB's in the past... it ended up having multiple problems, mostly related to firmware. One update fixed a DHCP problem where it would fail to hand out addresses. One fixed what DLink described as a 'RIM connectivity issue'. I ignored my problems with my BB, though since buying my PlayBook have dug into the problem again.

First off do a search for your router model in all of the forum categories... there are a few good WIFI troubleshooting threads out there - a lot pertaining to DLink routers sadly!

For myself, i found no combination of settings truly helped 100%. My router would often not provide an IP address to the PlayBook or my BB. I found assigning a static IP on the PlayBook would help at least get connected though it would eventually drop connection... turning WIFI off/on again would bring things back again.

I eventually gave up on the native DLink firmware, and 'upgraded' the firmware to the DD-WRT Linux firmware (my router is a supported version).... now my connection problems are a thing of the past.
    02-01-12 10:59 PM
    My DIR-625 works with my PB. But, it cuts in and out all the time. I hope OS2 will be better
    02-02-12 10:38 PM
    thats why i went with netgear havent had any problems
    02-02-12 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD