It seems my PB crashed yesterday...locked up and then I turned it off and all I could get was the dark blue screen (just before it goes black). I tried to turn it on again and it would only come up to the "Blackberry Playbook" start-up screen...wouldn't go past that. I called PB customer service. They had me plugin to power for 2 minutes and then unplug from power for 2 minutes...had me do that 6 times and plug in for at least 7 hours. I left it plugged in overnight. Unplugged it this morning and powered up, it stared up just fine. I worked through a few things for about 5 minutes and now it's frozen up again. I let it fade to black and now it won't turn on again.

I have a case number and will talk to them a bit later if I can't come up with any other means to fix it.

Any ideas?
    12-05-11 09:41 AM
    Are you on the OS2 beta?
    12-05-11 09:46 AM
    It seems my PB crashed yesterday...locked up and then I turned it off and all I could get was the dark blue screen (just before it goes black). I tried to turn it on again and it would only come up to the "Blackberry Playbook" start-up screen...wouldn't go past that. I called PB customer service. They had me plugin to power for 2 minutes and then unplug from power for 2 minutes...had me do that 6 times and plug in for at least 7 hours. I left it plugged in overnight. Unplugged it this morning and powered up, it stared up just fine. I worked through a few things for about 5 minutes and now it's frozen up again. I let it fade to black and now it won't turn on again.

I have a case number and will talk to them a bit later if I can't come up with any other means to fix it.

Any ideas?
    Do the same unplug,plug thing again, and when you get the PB on this time, do a hard reset.
    Hard reset= hold down the power, volume up and down keys simultaneously, it will shut down. Wait for a minute and turn it back on.
    12-05-11 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD