I get a pop-up constantly asking for my BB ID and password. When I enter it it says No network connection.

Then I hit cancel and I can proceed. Very annoying and a huge waste of my time.

Is there a fix for this?
    10-28-12 12:42 PM
    To confirm the username and password are correct, from a computer can you log into your BlackBerry ID account?

Also on your device do you have wireless service or WIFI only? If WIFI try reconnecting to your WIFI, thus making sure you're connected properly...
    10-28-12 12:57 PM
    No problem with my username and password on the BB site.

I am accessing the net via my home WiFi. I'm usually on-line when I get this annoying pop-up.
    10-28-12 01:28 PM
    Try rebooting the thing if you have'nt already. This use to happen to me and simply rebooting would fix it. Have'nt had this issue reoccur in a long time
    10-28-12 04:12 PM
    I tried rebooting, no improvement. So frustrating to be constantly interrupted in whatever I'm doing.
    10-29-12 07:56 AM
    What apps are running - both foreground and background? Any Android apps either from appworld or sideloaded? I have not experienced this issue but I wonder if it is trying to check what's installed for your pb in appworld - I'd not thought of it before, but clearly the pb periodically checks to see if there are updates for either apps or even the OS, itself.

There are a number of reboots/restarts so try any of these if you have not done so?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

edited to add: Can you post a picture of the pop-up prompt box? When it appears, press both the VolUp and Voldown button to grab a screen shot.
    10-29-12 09:23 AM
    Here's the screenshot:

PB constantly requests BlackBerry Password-playbook-screenshot.jpg

No Android apps loaded just some newspapers and few others off the BB app store.

Thanks will try your suggestions.
    Last edited by InnoD; 10-30-12 at 12:05 PM.
    10-29-12 06:00 PM