Ok. First of all

I do have a charging dock.

I lost my 1.8A Charger, which was quite handy for charging both my PB and my Torch.

The torch charger is Slow as .

I've been doing some reading as I wanna try and iPad Charger (the 10W one) with my playbook.

Pros: Usb charger capable of charging playbook, bb, ipod, etc.

So my questions is:
    has anyone successfully charged a playbook using an iPad charger with a CHARGE ONLY micro usb cable?

or can anyone suggest an alternative?
    07-10-12 10:37 AM
    In theory it should work, but we all know how "fickle" RIM products are when it comes to using "other" charging products. I personally just stick with OEM BLACKBERRY PRODUCTS
    jweihrauch likes this.
    07-10-12 10:42 AM
    Yes. I'll probably do that. But want to see if there's a more functional alternative.
    $15-$19 for a charger is a huge blow.
    07-10-12 10:53 AM
    I dont know if it helps you in Guatemala but the US Walmart sells the 1.8W charger for $17.
    07-10-12 10:54 AM
    I have used my playbook charger with my Bold 9900, but I have to say the battery then runs down quicker than if I use my normal phone charger. This doesn't make sense.

As for alternatives, I'd stick with OEM products. $19 sucks to pay out, but I believe you wouldn't be satisfied with anything else. My 2 cents.
    07-10-12 10:55 AM
    I have used all types of different brand chargers on my PB. They all work but they all take F....O....R....E...V...E....R. I am sure the Ipad charger will work but how long will it take. The best and fastest charger is the OEM BB charge.
    07-10-12 11:28 AM
    I've used HP touchpad charger on playbook. It goes on sale for $5 directly from HP occasionally.
    07-10-12 11:41 AM
    Using the incorrect charging source in the long run could damage the product and cost you more than you originally intended to spend on the oem charger. It's best to buy oem.
    rcm1301 likes this.
    07-10-12 11:55 AM
    I've been using the Belkin Conserve Valet Smart USB Charging Station (F7C008FC) from Best Buy. Works with the Playbook and my Rocketfish Bluetooth headset but not my crappy LG phone. Also, my bro uses it with his iphone.
    07-10-12 11:56 AM
    Using the incorrect charging source in the long run could damage the product and cost you more than you originally intended to spend on the oem charger. It's best to buy oem.
    Some say this, some do not, I'm not convinced it really matters.
    07-11-12 10:12 AM
    Yip, take close look at specs of each charger as devices has different battery specs.
    07-11-12 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD