Hi,
    Out of my own stupidity, I got my PB charger stolen last week.

I'm looking on eBay for a replacement. It isn't really important to me that it be OEM, so I'm looking at generic chargers.

I've got a few questions:

1) In general are generic chargers pretty safe? I really can't afford $30+shipping for an OEM charger, but I'm not going to destroy my PB to save $25

2) In terms of specifications, is there anything I should look for specifically?

3) I use to use my PB charger as a rapid charger for my 9900, is there any reason I shouldn't do this with a generic charger?

Here's a couple I'm looking at, any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Wall Charger+Screen Protector for BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK | eBay

Micro USB Wall Charger Fr Sprint BlackBerry PlayBook 4G | eBay

Thanks in advance!
    02-03-12 09:18 PM
    I buy the OEM rapid charger at Staples.ca for 39,97$. I think this is a great price.
    Last edited by Sergag; 02-03-12 at 09:52 PM.
    02-03-12 09:49 PM
    You might also find the official pb Rapid charger for around $20 these days.
    02-03-12 09:50 PM
    Walmart.com was selling the rapid chargers for $19.99 in the US. I bought one and prefer it over the OEM charger.
    02-04-12 08:08 PM
    If the OP uses a pb rapid charger, then he can't charge his 9900 because the plug ends are different.
    02-04-12 08:13 PM
    Hi,
    Out of my own stupidity, I got my PB charger stolen last week.

I'm looking on eBay for a replacement. It isn't really important to me that it be OEM, so I'm looking at generic chargers.

I've got a few questions:

1) In general are generic chargers pretty safe? I really can't afford $30+shipping for an OEM charger, but I'm not going to destroy my PB to save $25

2) In terms of specifications, is there anything I should look for specifically?

3) I use to use my PB charger as a rapid charger for my 9900, is there any reason I shouldn't do this with a generic charger?

Here's a couple I'm looking at, any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Wall Charger+Screen Protector for BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK | eBay

Micro USB Wall Charger Fr Sprint BlackBerry PlayBook 4G | eBay

Thanks in advance!
    I wouldn't us either one of those. First has no specs and the second only say"Charges from 0% to approximately 85% in about 45 minutes." That doesn't sound right to me and if it does charge that fast I wouldn't use it for my phone. Walmart has the standard charger for $25 if your still looking for a dual purpose charger. The rapid chargers are nice but wont work with your phone.

The ouput of the charger you lost is 5v-1.8a
    wordy likes this.
    02-04-12 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD