I Just got my play book today, i wanted to ask if the charger is the same as the phone charger. if i can only carry one charger that would be nice.
    11-23-11 06:54 PM
    If you only carry one carry the PB charger. It has more then twice the output of the phone charger. The PB charger is also sold as a premium charger for phones.
    11-23-11 07:01 PM
    The playbook charger will charge both devices...it will charge your phone much faster than the usual charger.
    11-23-11 07:01 PM
    I Just got my play book today, i wanted to ask if the charger is the same as the phone charger. if i can only carry one charger that would be nice.
    You can use the phone charger to charge the PB, its only going to take a lot longer. However dont use the PB charger to charge ur phone, it will damage the phone over time, if not right away, as the output is way higher for the phone to handle.
    11-23-11 07:06 PM
    However dont use the PB charger to charge ur phone, it will damage the phone over time, if not right away, as the output is way higher for the phone to handle.
    False.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=YIjNWrbl

I have been using the PB charger on my 9800 and wifes 9700 since april with no ill effects. Use it and enjoy.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 11-23-11 at 07:33 PM.
    11-23-11 07:18 PM
    maybe i better just use the chargers that came with each device, better safe than bricked.
    11-23-11 07:30 PM
    The BlackBerry� Premium Charger is built for maximum portability and convenience. Use it at home, the office, the airport, or virtually anywhere in North America. It’s designed to work with your BlackBerry� smartphone—charging twice as fast as standard BlackBerry chargers.1 The six-foot power cable maximizes flexibility, the adapter is Micro-USB compatible, and the folding design is also compatible with your BlackBerry� PlayBook™ tablet2 for reliable charging on the go.
    1 - Standard in-box BlackBerry� smartphone chargers included at the time of purchase

2 - Increased charging rates are only applicable when charging BlackBerry smartphones
    11-23-11 08:07 PM
    I've been using the pb's charger with my phone for months, maybe since May without any issues. I got the rapid charger for the pb.
    11-23-11 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD