I got the Blurex leather case on Amazon and love it. Appears to be same as Acase.
    11-05-11 12:35 AM
    I've had the Journal Case since the Playbook came out, and believe me. Your not going to want a booklike case forever. It got me rather tired of opening and closing it, and I use my Playbook alot. It just got rather annoying holding it on the go, but mainly cause its more useful for me to hold it portrait style... and its uncomfortable to use with the flap.
    Don't get a thick case. Because if you'd ask me, I go insane to hold the thing naked as it ought to be. Although its my personal preference, so goodluck.
    11-05-11 01:20 AM
    Thanks to you all for your help. If you read the whole thread you will see why i had a hard time to decide which cover to buy.
    I have to make a decision rathher sooner than later. I will let you all know which one i bought and why. For now i'm still a bit in the twilightzone.
    11-05-11 07:08 AM
    BlackBerry PlayBook Faux Leather Convertible Case

I have an Otterbox Defender but it's just too chunky and kind of defeats the purpose of the compact PB, so I bought the case above
    11-05-11 07:44 AM
    Been using the Targus Truss case and it works for me. Has a place for my stylus too.

Targus | THZ05102CA – Targus Truss� Case/Stand for BlackBerry� PlayBook� (Black/Black)
    11-05-11 07:57 AM
    Bought the Cygnett Lavish Earth Folio Case for BlackBerry PlayBook when I purchased the PB. Really like it as it looks like a journal when closed

Cygnett Lavish Earth Case, BlackBerry PlayBook Case, BlackBerry PlayBook Folio, BlackBerry PlayBook Screen Protection | modlife store australia
    11-05-11 08:58 AM
    I've gone through a few cases myself. Here are my thoughts:

I definitely prefer a case that has a "lid" -- that opens like a book. And I want the case to "turn into a stand" somehow. The OEM Convertible case is just about perfect, except for the insanity of how it covers the power button, and thus it's just a royal pain to turn the tablet on. So, I went looking for alternatives:

I'm currently using Marware's C.E.O. Folio PlayBook Case, here:

C.E.O. Folio PlayBook Case

This is nearly "the Convertible case done right." I prefer it to most of the similar cases that have large-ish clips in a few places to hold them to the tablet -- this covers most of the sides of the tablet, and has "hardly-noticeable" clips to hold everything in place.

It is made of a "leather-like" material, and I find it very satisfying. Its stand options work well for me, I like the look and feel of the materials, and I like how it both truly protects the sides of the tablet, while being very minimal in size, otherwise.

Prior to that, I used the non-PlayBook-specific Tucano Navigo 7-inch case, here:

Youngster for 7" tablet PC

The best news is that the PlayBook fits PERFECTLY into this case -- it has got to be the largest tablet that will fit into it. If you look at the pictures on this web page, there is a smaller tablet in the case, which doesn't go all the way out to the edges of the case. The PlayBook does go way out to the edges, and the case is at its best with the bigger tablet. The case has two sets of straps to hold the tablet in place -- an "inner" set and an "outer" set. The pictures show a small tablet using the "inner" set. But the PlayBook can use the "outer" set, which very firmly hold the tablet in place, and just barely fit at the very corners of the tablet. So, for a "strap" case, this probably keeps the straps farther out towards the extreme corners of the tablet, so they're out of the way of any corner bezel gestures.

It comes in a few different colors, and includes a cleaning pad that fits in a little compartment. It also has an outer pocket on the front, and a VERY strong back behind the tablet. If you want a "zip-around" case that really protects your PlayBook, this is a very good choice.

I've also tried Brookstone's Nappa Leather Portfolio case, here:

Leather Portfolio for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet

This was a big disappointment. It's kind of similar in spirit to the Navigo case, in that it "zips around" the tablet, but it's a great example of a "strap" case that doesn't hold the tablet in place very well at all. The tablet moves around all over the place while under those straps, and the straps cover quite a bit of the corners, making corner bezel gestures difficult. Otherwise, the nappa leather is wonderful. But it's a good example of a "poor fit" for the PlayBook, as opposed to the Navigo case, which is a "perfect fit" for the PlayBook.

I've also tried the Targus Truss, which I didn't like at all. Too big, too clunky, and when used as a stand, it had a ton of flex -- if you tried to type on the PlayBook, it would bob and weave all over the place, making typing a frustrating experience, trying to "hit a moving target."

So, the Marware Folio case and the Tucano Navigo case are the winners for me. I currenly carry my PlayBook pretty deeply buried in my backpack, so I don't need the extra protection of the Navigo case, and the minimal Marware case works perfectly.
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-05-11 10:16 AM
    leatherr envelope pouch <3
    11-05-11 04:02 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD