Anyone have any reviews of some?

Sturdiness, wobble, spatial, view blocking....

Interested in purchasing one but with the different mounting methods, i'm worried about making a purchase of a piece of recycle material...
    01-06-12 05:21 PM
    ram tab mount, windshield sucker, Y and universal phone mount alongside with some 5" connectors. phone or playbook on their own wobble but both attached makes it firm. Thinking of getting some parts to convert to a seat bolt attachment instead of screen as it is rather large on top of dashboard.
    01-06-12 07:22 PM
    I too had the same worry about restricting my view. But I had seen a windscreen mount that had a much longer arm than standard ones with a bracket big enough to fit my PlayBook.

I was going to post a link to it but I can't find it on ebay anymore.

That would bring the PlayBook within easier reach and at the same time move it out of the way of your view of the road.

However, I can't comment on the quality or sturdiness of it as I haven't bought it yet! Sorry!

But when I do buy a mount for in-car use, then I will definitely buy one with a longer arm.
    01-06-12 07:41 PM
    I too suggest checking out the RAM Mounts site.

I got the "Tab-Tite" holder but have not made the time to mount it yet (I didn't get the suction-cup mount, rather one that needs to be screwed down).
    01-06-12 07:46 PM
    Funny you should post this. I just ordered a seat bolt mount from amazon. 31 bucks or so. As soon as I get it installed I'll do a review. I drive a lot for my job and this should be great. It should put the pb right where I need it.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    01-06-12 07:53 PM
    seriously? is this for the driver or the passenger? Hope its not for the driver... that would be like chicks putting on make up on the highway...
    01-06-12 08:30 PM
    seriously? is this for the driver or the passenger? Hope its not for the driver... that would be like chicks putting on make up on the highway...
    I use it for magellan compass.
    01-06-12 09:30 PM
    Funny you should post this. I just ordered a seat bolt mount from amazon. 31 bucks or so. As soon as I get it installed I'll do a review. I drive a lot for my job and this should be great. It should put the pb right where I need it.

Where does it mount to your seat? I've seen ones for back seat passengers. Does it come up from the base of the seat?
    01-06-12 10:16 PM
    Bolts to the bottom seat track, but in the front.

http://www.amazon.com/SM588-Slim-Gri...bUvbUpU7006626

01-06-12 10:20 PM
    Actually all you do is loosen the seat mount bolt that goes through the floor and slide the bracket under the bolt head then tighten it down. Simple. That picture is one if them. The one I bought has little adjustable tabs that come over the top to hold the pb more securely. It's also made for up to 10 in tablets.

ayekon likes this.
    01-07-12 05:05 AM
    I have the Ram seatbolt mount in my rig for field use. Works pretty good. Very stable but does get a little flexing on very rough roads, which in my experience is better than rigidly mounted, as it dampens vibration. Perfect location to reach without any problems.
    ayekon likes this.
    01-07-12 05:20 AM
    ram tab mount, windshield sucker, Y and universal phone mount alongside with some 5" connectors. phone or playbook on their own wobble but both attached makes it firm. Thinking of getting some parts to convert to a seat bolt attachment instead of screen as it is rather large on top of dashboard.
    Do you have pictures? Maybe a video?
    01-07-12 12:16 PM
    I have the Ram seatbolt mount in my rig for field use. Works pretty good. Very stable but does get a little flexing on very rough roads, which in my experience is better than rigidly mounted, as it dampens vibration. Perfect location to reach without any problems.
    Does it get in the way of your passenger?
    01-07-12 12:18 PM
    floor ram mount from member celler

thread.. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-mount-614341/

my ram mount

same thread as above.

hopefully more members with car mounts will post up.
    01-07-12 02:38 PM
    where it can be found and brand and model?
    dmc2008 likes this.
    01-07-12 02:49 PM
    floor ram mount from member celler

Click to view quoted image

thread.. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-mount-614341/

my ram mount

same thread as above.

hopefully more members with car mounts will post up.
    Can you post a picture showing how the dash mount connects to the dash and what model, please? I really want a dash mount.
    01-07-12 03:29 PM
    i'll try to get some more pics of it. i got my mount here

iPad, Xoom, Galaxy, Playbook Tablet Holders - Tablet-Holder.com

they were running a special discount at the time. i bought the one that was specifically for my tacoma.
    01-09-12 01:50 AM
    ProClip has a half-dozen or so varieties, including one that fits the OB Defender case. A bit pricey, but I swear by ProClip.

Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts-ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

01-09-12 06:07 AM
    ^^^that's not pricey at all compared to the ram mount!! i may need to try the proclip one for both my phone and tablet.
    01-09-12 12:09 PM
    @Blaclac

you can adjust the placement of the PB with a turn of the adjustment knobs and so forth.
    farskija and ayekon like this.
    01-12-12 01:16 PM
    I see the Ram Tab-Tite holder, is the rest of the mount from RAM as well? Looks like a good set-up
    01-12-12 02:44 PM
    farskija, now that i just double checked , its not. the adjustable arm and bracket isnt by RAM. although after doing some research, the bracket istelf looks like a standard bracket used by other companies. the adjustable arm, unsure about.
    01-12-12 10:39 PM
    Trippin, thanks for the great pics. I'm working on mounting mine in a 4Runner. I have the ram holder and arm and a dash clip from proclip. I'll get some photos (might be a few weeks yet, other "real"work to do.)
    01-12-12 11:06 PM
    Does it get in the way of your passenger?
    None whatsoever. i have it up tight against the center console. i'm currently using a Rii mini bluetooth keyboard/touchpad to interface with it. When remote comes out I'll be using my phone, even better
    01-13-12 12:49 AM
    ^^^that's not pricey at all compared to the ram mount!! i may need to try the proclip one for both my phone and tablet.
    I don't even want to know what the Ram mount costs, then. I should note the other benefit of the Proclip -- it's a two-part solution, with a separate holder and a separate mount. So you can buy one mount and, say, two holders, one for your regular BB and one for your PB, and swap them out as needed.
    01-13-12 07:02 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD