apparently it does use a good amount of camera juice.

Will I have to be the Beta tester on this? Can't believe nobody has tried it.
    I have 2 BB PB, both 64gb. I want this to work to dump images onto the PB.

As Caboose01 states, you cannot truly do final editing with the PB, BUT you can at least check composition and get a quick idea of what you are getting. Then you go home and post process. I would love (and clients would enjoy) watching the images pop up as I shoot, or I can use PB as a bigger display than my camera in the field.

It's not just for snapshot viewing, but I'm sure this would be a "party pleaser", but mainly for client use to choose/select which images they want to work with, or for myself, the images are on the PB and I can check comp/orientation etc.

Will try this with my "virgin" PB that is in waiting for the OS 2 release and let you know.

C
    02-07-12 03:42 PM
    apparently it does use a good amount of camera juice.

Will I have to be the Beta tester on this? Can't believe nobody has tried it.
    Yes, of course the Eye-Fi card burns up more juice than just a memory card. It's also transmitting. But I have not noticed a HUGE drain, just something to be expected.

Use a battery grip and you can go allday long shooting

c
    02-07-12 03:45 PM
    But still waiting to see if it will work with a pb???? And do you need a router or outside wifi network or just card and pb?
    02-07-12 05:48 PM
    Help me out here, I don't really see why anyone would want to upload straight to the playbook from your camera. Are you planning on editing your photos on the pb? I wouldn't want to even if it were a 10" screen.

If you just wanting to show larger screen shots to clients, a portable DVD player will hook right up to your camera with the cables that came with it. Maybe not the cool factor that the pb has, but are you showing your clients your gagets or their photos?

If you just want to load the snapshots of juniors b-day party maybe it would be cool, but if you're just taking a few snapshots to put on facebook, just take them with the pb and don't worry about having to load them on it.
    02-07-12 06:15 PM
    OS2 comes with "Share On..." which allows you to move pictures from your bb phone via bluetooth to the PB. So maybe the SD card trick is your best option at this time??
    02-07-12 09:31 PM
    Help me out here, I don't really see why anyone would want to upload straight to the playbook from your camera. Are you planning on editing your photos on the pb? I wouldn't want to even if it were a 10" screen.

If you just wanting to show larger screen shots to clients, a portable DVD player will hook right up to your camera with the cables that came with it. Maybe not the cool factor that the pb has, but are you showing your clients your gagets or their photos?

If you just want to load the snapshots of juniors b-day party maybe it would be cool, but if you're just taking a few snapshots to put on facebook, just take them with the pb and don't worry about having to load them on it.
    Some might not want to carry an extra device. Being able to MOVE more than see them could free up memory on the camera and store the images on the pb, or it provides redundancy so you now have a backup of your images.
    02-07-12 11:39 PM
    Some might not want to carry an extra device. Being able to MOVE more than see them could free up memory on the camera and store the images on the pb, or it provides redundancy so you now have a backup of your images.
    The playbook is an extra device too, don't get me wrong I love my playbook, and I use it a lot in my photography business for in person proofing with clients. But I'm showing them finished proofs on my website, not something straight out of the camera. I'm selling them products at this point.

During the shoot, I rarely show them anything. Maybe a quick peek at the back of the camera once or twice tops. I'm not wasting their time or mine showing them all the unfinished photos on any device even if the only thing that needs to be done is a little sharping.

As far as storage space and backups, well memory cards are pretty cheap. There are lots of portable devices on the market that you can store images on if you can't wait to get them backed up till you get home. Some even have screens on them for viewing the photos.

I'm just saying it's not the end of the world if your photos don't magically appear on your playbook the instant you press the shutter. Maybe some one will come up with a cable that you can just plug in and shoot tethered to your playbook. I shoot tethered to my computer in studio, but my photos open in Lightroom so if I want to show the client a shot I can quickly do some editing.

I get the cool factor in all, but when I'm on a location shoot, I don't want to carry anything extra and that includes my pb. I have my camera an assortment of lenses depending on the shoot and lights, that's enough to carry as it is.
    Last edited by caboose01; 02-08-12 at 04:56 AM.
    02-08-12 04:26 AM
    I have just purchased the Eye-FI x2. it will be here tomorrow. I also sideloaded the Android app to my playbook. we'll see! otherwise, the 9900's hotspot option ought to work as well.

So it seems there are options.

I'll update tomorrow.
    03-09-12 01:07 PM
    I have just purchased the Eye-FI x2. it will be here tomorrow. I also sideloaded the Android app to my playbook. we'll see! otherwise, the 9900's hotspot option ought to work as well.

So it seems there are options.

I'll update tomorrow.
    Looking forward to your report. And since I'm a bit out of it (surgery this morning), what Android app will hopefully work with this.
    03-09-12 04:29 PM
    I sideloaded the eye-fi app...prefection:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ed-app-708175/
    03-10-12 03:54 PM
    I received a playbook for Christmas which I thought would be great for travelling and e-mailing pictures of my trips back home to my family. I now discover that there is no way to transfer pictures form my Nikon camera to my playbook. That is if I have been reading this forum correctly?
    01-12-13 08:42 PM
    I received a playbook for Christmas which I thought would be great for travelling and e-mailing pictures of my trips back home to my family. I now discover that there is no way to transfer pictures form my Nikon camera to my playbook. That is if I have been reading this forum correctly?
    Seems to me that you haven't even read this thread correctly.
    01-12-13 09:17 PM
    well there are new wifi sd cards on the market for cameras. could be a solution for some whilst we await bb10
    01-13-13 02:19 AM
    I sideloaded the eye-fi app...prefection:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ed-app-708175/
    +1 Just successfully download photos from DSLR to PB via Eye-fi.

Malcolm.
    01-13-13 09:23 AM
    Yes, it does work. You have to sideload the app. Get it from Goodereader.com.

You have to be aware that you should just transfer the jpegs while shooting and dumping to the playbook. Faster.

When you get home, you can transfer the jpegs AND the RAW images to your pc.

This way, you can check composition, client can sit there and watch/pick proofs that they like etc.

I've posted more in the forums a few months ago about this, just search a bit and you will see it.

C
    01-14-13 11:40 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD