Would it be possible for someone to manufacture an attachment for the playbooks camera that allows a more in depth camera experience? An optical zoom in feature, shutter speed...etc. The only thing that my playbook can't do is take high quality pics, specifically close ups of vehicles.
    I think a high quality attachment would sell, because the playbooks camera would no longer be just the basics. It would replace my digital camera in many ways.
    I know it would have to stick out of the back of the playbook but that's like anything...just take it off when your done.
    Think it's possible?
    06-03-12 08:36 AM
    Could be, I can see the attachment being connected via micro USB and having a frame structure which would securely wrap around the PlayBook backing, therefore mounting the camera. It may not be the most practical thing to carry around but it could work
    06-03-12 08:48 AM
    Yeah, wrap around is a good idea.
    Look at this iPhone attachment...this is basically what I mean. It has removable lenses for different distances and zooms and stuff.
    http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/.../dotkogeto.jpg
    06-03-12 08:54 AM
    Nope why would you want that, PB is a tablet & take great picture as is. If I need to shot high quality photos, I turn to my Nikon D5100 D-SLR.
    06-03-12 08:57 AM
    Nope why would you want that, PB is a tablet & take great picture as is. If I need to shot high quality photos, I turn to my Nikon D5100 D-SLR.
    You have a nice nikon, good to know.
    I didn't say it could completely replace an expensive camera. It would be convenient to have an attachment. Also a lot cheaper so you don't have to buy a whole separate camera if you are a basic photo taker who wants a bit of flexibility in photos, which would come with a pb attachment.
    06-03-12 09:00 AM
    Yeah, wrap around is a good idea.
    Look at this iPhone attachment...this is basically what I mean. It has removable lenses for different distances and zooms and stuff.
    http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/.../dotkogeto.jpg
    Yes something like that, you never know how good an idea is until it's marketed right?

I'm wondering how well this would sell though.
    06-03-12 09:07 AM
    You have a nice nikon, good to know.
    I didn't say it could completely replace an expensive camera. It would be convenient to have an attachment. Also a lot cheaper so you don't have to buy a whole separate camera if you are a basic photo taker who wants a bit of flexibility in photos, which would come with a pb attachment.
    Yes you make a good point. But you still would have to carry yet another attachment & how much will that cost. You can get a cheep digital camera that would be far better then the PB. Good idea though.
    06-03-12 09:11 AM
    Given that an attachment with a decent lens would cost nearly as much as a proper camera, it would be better to have a separate camera which connects via bluetooth so you can snap, edit on the PB and send or post. Should even be cheaper as the size of the market would be larger than just PB owners. Only question - does PB bluetooth support file transfer?
    06-03-12 10:09 AM
    That's a nice idea for someone that would need it, but my top 'want' for the PB camera, is a flash..
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    06-03-12 10:52 AM
    I would buy one, especially if it had a flash. I carry my PB and a camera among other things for work. At the end of the day I need to move all of my photos and notes to the computer. It would make uploading all of the info to my computer a lot easier, wirelessly vs. wireless for the PB and a physical connection for the camera.
    06-03-12 10:58 AM
    I would buy one, especially if it had a flash. I carry my PB and a camera among other things for work. At the end of the day I need to move all of my photos and notes to the computer. It would make uploading all of the info to my computer a lot easier, wirelessly vs. wireless for the PB and a physical connection for the camera.
    Theoretically if that concept does work out, perhaps the transfer of photos could be done via bluetooth from the camera module to the PlayBook.
    06-03-12 11:23 AM
    I'd like to see a Camera Flash attachment !
    06-03-12 12:50 PM
    Look at the picture I posted up there of the iphone Attachment. There are probably 100 different iPhone camera attachments...Would any of them fit the playbook do you think? It doesn't have any software with it right? It's just like looking through a zoomed lens it whatever right?
    06-17-12 02:53 PM
    On a similar theme, is there a microseconds reader that I can use to import my cameras photos with?
    06-17-12 02:57 PM
    On a similar theme, is there a microseconds reader that I can use to import my cameras photos with?
    Microseconds reader... What does that do?
    06-17-12 03:29 PM
    suspect that's the auto-correct version for micro SD.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-02-12 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD