The new Outlook.com site from Microsoft works well with the native email app but when i want to access it directly via the browser it just won't even go there. Just stays on a blank page. Wtf!!?? Is this an IMAP issue or something else? Does anybody know or is having a similar issue? Does any one care LOL ?
    Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanking you in advance...
    Peace.
    08-23-12 06:54 PM
    08-23-12 07:00 PM
    Are you having trouble after login or getting to the login home page?
    08-23-12 07:02 PM
    I tried accessing my account on the PlayBook browser as well. It's not an IMAP issue, just that the browser doesn't support the content. I was able to setup the email account to sync with my PB easily though. Why do you want to use the browser? What PB OS are you running? I have the 2.1.0.840 beta running.

Freeze
    08-23-12 07:03 PM
    Skydrive works
    08-23-12 09:10 PM
    Is there a reason you want to access it from the browser?
    08-23-12 09:21 PM
    you will need to revert back to the original hotmail.com from the desktop and then it's back to normal..
    08-24-12 02:11 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Please tell me how to get my Hotmail app for the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet working again. How can I get out of Outlook and back to Hotmail? Why doesn't someone develop an Outlook app?
    08-24-12 08:56 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Please tell me how to get my Hotmail app for the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet working again. How can I get out of Outlook and back to Hotmail? Why doesn't someone develop an Outlook app?
    It's called the native email app :P
    08-24-12 10:17 AM
    Lol.. Goto outlook.com login to hotmail.. Top right somewhere revert to old hotmail.. Hotmail will work on pb browser
    08-24-12 11:25 AM
    The native e-mail app should work with outlook. I haven't tried yet as i am still trying to clean up all my Microsoft id's.
    08-24-12 11:27 AM
    I wanted to thank all 3 of you for your responses. First, I will try to find the Native Email App in, I suppose App World. If it doesn't work as expected, then I will revert to Hotmail. This Newbie appreciates you Professionals. Thanks again.
    08-24-12 11:43 AM
    The native email app is built-in. Tap the gear icon at the top right to go into settings, then go to accounts on the left to set up your outlook.com email.

It works great for me.
    Last edited by sagec; 08-25-12 at 02:26 AM.
    08-24-12 11:47 AM
    The only reason why i prefer hotmail over gmail. Native mail setup is easy and works great.. Although i keep it to sync manually since I'm on bridge all the time.. But gmail was a nightmare to setup.. Contacts and calendar also sync pretty well.. Only makes sense to shift contacts fm gmail..
    08-24-12 12:31 PM
    The native email app is built-in. Tap the gear icon at the top right to go into settins, then go to accounts on the left to set up your outlook.com email.

It works great for me.
    You can bring up the settings screen with a top swipe from the homescreen.. Apps can be running but then you need to bottom swipe and top swipe.. Swipe again to end settings..
    08-24-12 12:36 PM
    I also wanted to use the browser for Outlook and not switch back to Hotmail. SimpleBrowser+ works.
    08-24-12 01:19 PM
    Sometimes if i am responding to an email from within my Native Email that came via my Outlook e-address..., after it's been sent, i get a pop up message that says i need to actually log into my Outlook.com account once in a while for security reason, to make sure that no spam is being sent from my Outlook.com account.
    So that's what i tried to do and that's when i found out that i couldn't actually do that from the Browser.... Weird.
    You would think that a huge corporation like Microsoft would have this stuff figured out...?
    I like the new look of Outlook and i have both a Gmail and an Outlook account. I mean why not. For me it's not one or the other...
    Anyways... Still not satisfied with the answers and responses so far....please keep them coming...
    Peace.
    08-24-12 06:14 PM
    OK. I took the advice that said to switch back to Hotmail (Windows Live Mail) and then the Hotmail app on my BB PB worked and everything seemed back to normal.... However, I cannot see my Hotmail Contacts. I think this because Hotmail changed their Contacts to Outlook.com's People and that won't display in the BB PB browser because, well, it's Outlook content. I cannot figure out how to revert THAT back to Hotmail. Anyone have further advice for this Newbie? By the way, I DID figure out what a native email is
    08-24-12 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD