I'm using browser bridge via wifi used by my bb telephone to save battery.
    But i can't use appworld or FB app. WHY?
    06-19-11 05:13 AM
    Bridge Browser does not use wi fi, only your phones bb data.

Facebook through bridge browser by going to the facebook.com website.
    06-19-11 05:28 AM
    I'm using browser bridge via wifi used by my bb telephone to save battery.
    But i can't use appworld or FB app. WHY?
    Connect your PlayBook to the same WiFi that your BB connected to, and at the same time bridge it to your BB that is connected to WiFi...
    THEN you can use any apps there
    06-19-11 08:21 PM
    Connect your PlayBook to the same WiFi that your BB connected to, and at the same time bridge it to your BB that is connected to WiFi...
    THEN you can use any apps there
    Really? I thought that bridge was independent of the Playbook's wifi connection and that it only rides the bluetooth connection. If your playbook is connected to the same wifi that your BB is connected to, then isn't the Playbook really only going out through wifi along with all of your apps?
    06-19-11 09:00 PM
    You can use the wi-fi from your BB phone to browse the web via the playbook bridge browser if need be but if you can connect your phone to wi-fi chances are you can connect your playbook so you wouldn't need the bridge for that function. Appworld from your BB phone requires the mobile network and so even if the playbook appworld tried to use the bridge (which it doesn't) it probably wouldn't work. The playbook appworld is designed to use the playbook wi-fi connection. Just as you have to use a specially designed bridge browser you would need a specially designed bridge appworld.
    06-19-11 09:42 PM
    Really? I thought that bridge was independent of the Playbook's wifi connection and that it only rides the bluetooth connection. If your playbook is connected to the same wifi that your BB is connected to, then isn't the Playbook really only going out through wifi along with all of your apps?
    Condition:
    BB (FULL BIS on WiFi/3G) bridged to PB (WiFi OFF)
    Result: Only apps under BRIDGE window in PB can be used.

Condition:
    BB (FULL BIS on WiFi/3G) bridged to PB (WiFi ON)
    Result: Apps under BRIDGE window in PB can be used (BBM, email, calendar, etc) plus other apps that required net connection.

BONUS
    Condition:
    BB (3G) Internet Tethered to PB (WiFi OFF)
    Result: Any apps besides the BRIDGE specific apps can be used. Simple explanation: just like using WiFi.
    cons: required unlimited data plan or charge separately from your BIS
    06-20-11 04:04 AM
    You can use the wi-fi from your BB phone to browse the web via the playbook bridge browser if need be but if you can connect your phone to wi-fi chances are you can connect your playbook so you wouldn't need the bridge for that function. Appworld from your BB phone requires the mobile network and so even if the playbook appworld tried to use the bridge (which it doesn't) it probably wouldn't work. The playbook appworld is designed to use the playbook wi-fi connection. Just as you have to use a specially designed bridge browser you would need a specially designed bridge appworld.
    yes i know but i'll save battery using only bt on the pb for having bridge and wifi speed shared by bb (faster than bis) in one solution.
    unfortunately i can't use the apps require standard wifi connection.
    i hope next bridge software update will increase this one.
    06-20-11 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD