Hello

If I have my phone and bb phone connected to a wifi network when I bridge them to use BBM etc on pb will it still use my mobile monthly data?

Thanks
    08-03-12 06:12 PM
    Bridge is through you bluetooth not wifi....so yes if you tell it to bridge.
    08-03-12 06:14 PM
    Ah so if I have the wifi switched on, on the phone it will use the wifi instead of my data when doing the bridge stuff?
    I just don't wanna go over my limit on data when all I wanna do is use BBM on pb

I have free BBM services on my bb phone would that be same for pb when bridged even if I didn't have wifi on phone?
    08-03-12 06:19 PM
    Bridge is through you bluetooth not wifi....so yes if you tell it to bridge.
    Kinda.

BIS over WiFi will not count over your data allowance, no matter if it is the phone or tablet doing BBM.

In fact, just try this: Turn the carrier connection off but keep Bridge on. EDIT: Yeah, and have WiFi off on the PB and on on the phone...

Ah so if I have the wifi switched on, on the phone it will use the wifi instead of my data when doing the bridge stuff?
    I just don't wanna go over my limit on data when all I wanna do is use BBM on pb

I have free BBM services on my bb phone would that be same for pb when bridged even if I didn't have wifi on phone?
    The PB is just a window for the phone when it comes to bridge, os if you have free BBM on one, you have free BBM on the other.
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-03-12 at 06:25 PM.
    08-03-12 06:20 PM
    Ahhh so when using Bridge its really just using the PB as a external monitor?
    Like a laptop when you connect a display?
    08-03-12 06:29 PM
    Ahhh so when using Bridge its really just using the PB as a external monitor?
    Like a laptop when you connect a display?
    Kinda, you can think of it like that I guess. When accessing BBM it does it through your phone, so it uses whatever your phone is using to use BBM. If your connected to the mobile network, it will use that. If your phone is connected to wifi,it will use that instead.
    08-03-12 08:38 PM
    Hello. Is it me only or true when i connect my pb via bridge i get slower internet than if connect via internet tethering? Both uses bluetooth but i noticed i get faster internet speed using internet tethering.

Also noticed the disadvantage of internet tethering vs bb bridge
    -no bbm on the pb
    -also no bbm service on my phone (modem mode enabled)
    08-03-12 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD