You could delete the post that he Liked.

That'll learn 'im.

Attachment 151411
    sad_old_man and BuzzStarField like this.
    04-15-13 08:26 AM
    Are you saying that I have failed to learn you well grammar? And on a completely unrelated matter, I can't find the button that allows me to cancel the "like" that you deposited on my previous post. I am offended by your "like" and wish to remove it. Please post another diagram.
    I can see this is going to be a love hate relationship! Well if your offended by my like (just sent you another one) then I am offended by the fact that your offended therefore making me offended at you being offended as well. Did I get that right?

ps its impossible for you to 'learn' me anything! But I'm willing to be teachers!
    04-15-13 08:47 AM
    You could delete the post that he Liked.

That'll learn 'im.

Attachment 151411
    Are you kidding? I like likes (even spiteful likes) and I also like to goad sad_old_whosit into giving me even more likes even when I know that his likes are not really likes at all but are just meant to get my attention so that I come back here to banter with him. {memo to self: take a breath now and again] Truth be told, I think that he is a lonely_old_man soI don't mind humouring him.
    sad_old_man and TheScionicMan like this.
    04-15-13 09:47 AM
    Sometimes I wonder if he is old or even a man.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-15-13 10:16 AM
    Are you kidding? I like likes (even spiteful likes) and I also like to goad sad_old_whosit into giving me even more likes even when I know that his likes are not really likes at all but are just meant to get my attention so that I come back here to banter with him. {memo to self: take a breath now and again] Truth be told, I think that he is a lonely_old_man soI don't mind humouring him.
    Thought you were here to 'learn' me something? There is a world of difference between being lonely and being alone. I am often alone, but trust me I am never ever lonely!

In fact would that be possible with the continual bombardment I get from dogs, cats, gooseberries, little blue ghosts who love fat birds, thespian shape changers and now a non functional compass?

ps don't trust the gooseberry!
    04-15-13 10:27 AM
    Thought you were here to 'learn' me something? There is a world of difference between being lonely and being alone. I am often alone, but trust me I am never ever lonely!

In fact would that be possible with the continual bombardment I get from dogs, cats, gooseberries, little blue ghosts who love fat birds, thespian shape changers and now a non functional compass?

ps don't trust the gooseberry!
    I am a multiple faceted person and can have several reasons for being here. Methinks that you're (non-grammatical) slip is showing when you mention untrustworthy gooseberries. In North America we would probably say: "...bombarded with third wheels". This could be quite painful if this affliction were to be taken literally. I wonder though if are you bothered by gooseberries intruding into your life or is this a simple case of psychological projection (wherein a person unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable attributes by ascribing them to objects or persons in the outside world instead.). Please let me know if I can help you in any way resolve your social difficulties.

gooseberry [ˈgʊzbərɪ -brɪ]
    n pl -ries
    1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Plants) a Eurasian shrub, Ribes uva-crispa (or R. grossularia), having greenish, purple-tinged flowers and ovoid yellow-green or red-purple berries: family Grossulariaceae See also currant [2]
    2. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Plants)
    a. the berry of this plant
    b. (as modifier) gooseberry jam
    3. Brit informal an unwanted single person in a group of couples, esp a third person with a couple (often in the phrase play gooseberry)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-15-13 11:11 AM
    I am a multiple faceted person and can have several reasons for being here. Methinks that you're (non-grammatical) slip is showing when you mention untrustworthy gooseberries. In North America we would probably say: "...bombarded with third wheels". This could be quite painful if this affliction were to be taken literally. I wonder though if are you bothered by gooseberries intruding into your life or is this a simple case of psychological projection (wherein a person unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable attributes by ascribing them to objects or persons in the outside world instead.). Please let me know if I can help you in any way resolve your social difficulties.

gooseberry [ˈgʊzbərɪ -brɪ]
    n pl -ries
    1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Plants) a Eurasian shrub, Ribes uva-crispa (or R. grossularia), having greenish, purple-tinged flowers and ovoid yellow-green or red-purple berries: family Grossulariaceae See also currant [2]
    2. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Plants)
    a. the berry of this plant
    b. (as modifier) gooseberry jam
    3. Brit informal an unwanted single person in a group of couples, esp a third person with a couple (often in the phrase play gooseberry)
    You may well be a multi faced whatever most of your post said (admission, didn't understand most of it) but I have already worked out that you are a cruel, heartless, inhuman person. How can you justify the mere mention of gooseberry jam on this hallowed forum when the poor little gooseberry is out there somewhere probably reading your comments as we speak? You may well be responsible for the untimely demise of an innocent young gooseberry that has done you no harm. How do you sleep at night you cad?
    04-15-13 11:36 AM
    You may well be a multi faced whatever most of your post said (admission, didn't understand most of it) but I have already worked out that you are a cruel, heartless, inhuman person. How can you justify the mere mention of gooseberry jam on this hallowed forum when the poor little gooseberry is out there somewhere probably reading your comments as we speak? You may well be responsible for the untimely demise of an innocent young gooseberry that has done you no harm. How do you sleep at night you cad?
    Get a hold of yourself man! Too much brandy can cause brain damage. Head injuries caused by physical trauma can also result in reduced brain function. I am beginning to think that you may have been on that bridge when Thor blew it up. If so, his reason for blowing the bridge may have had little to do with making PlayBook users miserable. Rather, it may have been a desperate attempt to shut you up. I in no way condone this kind of rash behaviour but I can certainly understand it.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-15-13 11:58 AM
    Get a hold of yourself man! Too much brandy can cause brain damage. Head injuries caused by physical trauma can also result in reduced brain function. I am beginning to think that you may have been on that bridge when Thor blew it up. If so, his reason for blowing the bridge may have had little to do with making PlayBook users miserable. Rather, it may have been a desperate attempt to shut you up. I in no way condone this kind of rash behaviour but I can certainly understand it.
    You need to rearrange your priorities young man and sort yourself out. How dare you on an open forum suggest that I get hold of myself and in full view of everyone? You are also remiss on several other points.

1. Too much brandy can cause brain damage.
    a) absolutely ridiculous and you provide no medical support for your claim.

2. Head injuries caused by physical trauma can also result in reduced brain function.
    a) I know, I once crashed a chopper. (there you go I've admitted I'm not perfect)

3. I in no way condone this kind of rash behaviour but I can certainly understand.
    a) yes you do, you hate all gooseberries and want to blow them up and make jam out of them!

I still like you though
    04-15-13 12:56 PM
    Ahhhh silence at last!
    04-15-13 01:43 PM
    The bus is a good way to get home from work. They just take a while. Ah well off to the cellar
    04-15-13 01:46 PM
    Dear OP,
    Your completely off you're rocker.
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 04-15-13 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Grammar correction
    TheScionicMan and sad_old_man like this.
    04-15-13 07:41 PM
    Dear OP,
    Of course ! He just went down to the cellar and probably won't be able to make it up the stairs. Sic transit gloria mundi.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    04-15-13 08:36 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge used for allow me to have a truly mobile office on my BlackBerry PlayBook with the BlackBerry Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard providing access to the messages, calendars, and documents stored on the BlackBerry Bold 9700 but now that I am using a BlackBerry Z10 some of the features are not available. Let me reiterate, I don't want email stored on the tablet and prefer documents be stored on the encrypted media card in my smartphone yet accessible to my tablet.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    FF22 and BuzzStarField like this.
    04-15-13 08:48 PM
    The bus is a good way to get home from work. They just take a while. Ah well off to the cellar
    Why does the Edgar Allan Poe story "The Cask of Amontillado" spring to mind?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-15-13 08:52 PM
    Ahhhh silence at last!
    Sometime the voices in my head have good ideas.
    04-16-13 04:49 AM
    Dear OP,
    Is that you being all sweet again?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:48 AM
    Sometime the voices in my head have good ideas.
    It is never a good time to have voices in you're head. The only sound that I can hear in this forum is the subtle clattering of my keyboard. Is the racket bothering you? I'll stop if it is.

PS Please say that it is!
    PPS I will not respond directly to sad_old_guy. He keeps talking about buses, bridges, brandy and other stuff starting with the letter "b". I thought that he would like to talk about bonkers but he did not. He wanted to talk about sweetness instead. If I respond to him, he will want to change the subject again. I can't take it anymore.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-16-13 01:42 PM
    It is never a good time to have voices in you're head. The only sound that I can hear in this forum is the subtle clattering of my keyboard. Is the racket bothering you? I'll stop if it is.

PS Please say that it is!
    PPS I will not respond directly to sad_old_guy. He keeps talking about buses, bridges, brandy and other stuff starting with the letter "b". I thought that he would like to talk about bonkers but he did not. He wanted to talk about sweetness instead. If I respond to him, he will want to change the subject again. I can't take it anymore.
    There you go being sweet again but I can't understand why your surprised about words with the letter 'b'. Your supposed to be 'learning' me things and so because of your good 'learning' skills I am working my way through the dictionary and I've got as far as 'b'. And there I was thinking you'd be proud of me as your best puppil.
    04-16-13 01:53 PM
    S_O_M just wanted to let you know everything is OK.
    Angus_CB and sad_old_man like this.
    04-16-13 03:38 PM
    S_O_M just wanted to let you know everything is OK.
    Oooohhhh look at you then. With that thing you might be able to keep up and I can wave at you. I know exactly where to go cause I've got a new pal who's learning me things?
    Attached Thumbnails PB bridge to bb10 problem (my theory on the cause)-imagodges.jpg  
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-16-13 04:22 PM
121 ... 345