I guess you have missed the point of the Bridge. Just keep tethering your ipad with your iphone.
    04-13-13 04:10 PM
    But should they not be bound by moral courtesy to mention what the product did have and no longer has due to their "UPGRADE" I use the term upgrade loosely, very loosely!
    No. I would be nice I they where a little more forthcoming about it but I can understand the reason for not shouting it from the rooftops.
    When have you seen a corporation display moral courtesy?

I am a fan of VAG products. Have own them for 20 years. Should Volkswagen be morally bound to admit a design flaw and pay for repairs before a class action lawsuit required them to? It would be nice but I wouldn't expect them too.
    It took Audi years to admit fault in a design flaw and start reimbursing owners. I don't recall if Audi's offer to fix required litigation.

I would still buy another one. I enjoy the brand.

If I dump a brand every time they do something I don't like then I will run out of brands in short order.
    04-13-13 04:13 PM
    From the blog here:
    Introducing BlackBerry Bridge v3.0 for BlackBerry 10 �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

Access to all the BlackBerry smartphone’s files through the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet’s File Manager application
    Is this feature any better then it was on OS7?
    04-13-13 04:20 PM
    How can you go through life waking up knowing that's the best your going to feel all day. At least when I awake with a hangover, I know I'm going to start improving as the day goes on!
    That's like asking me why I don't pound my head repeatedly against a brick wall. After all, it feels so good when I can't t stand the pain anymore and must stop. I'm sorry, I don't have a good answer for you.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-13-13 04:21 PM
    No. I would be nice I they where a little more forthcoming about it but I can understand the reason for not shouting it from the rooftops.
    When have you seen a corporation display moral courtesy?

I am a fan of VAG products. Have own them for 20 years. Should Volkswagen be morally bound to admit a design flaw and pay for repairs before a class action lawsuit required them to? It would be nice but I wouldn't expect them too.
    It took Audi years to admit fault in a design flaw and start reimbursing owners. I don't recall if Audi's offer to fix required litigation.

I would still buy another one. I enjoy the brand.

If I dump a brand every time they do something I don't like then I will run out of brands in short order.
    Problem solved!
    EuanFerguson likes this.
    04-13-13 04:34 PM
    Ah, thanks for reposting the link for that incredibly vague or less than helpful blog.

And, I don't see any improvements in the File Manager aspect of Bridge but I don't have z10. But it looks the same as what we with OS7 have.

This quote is what perturbs me:

"One of the most rewarding elements of this process is the ability to do things differently and add new capabilities that were previously add-ons directly into the platform! As the product manager for BlackBerry Bridge, I�m super excited because this means we can create a whole new experience between BlackBerry 10 devices.

When we set out to create the BlackBerry Bridge experience for BlackBerry 10, we focused on the following features:

Sharing the smartphone�s Internet and intranet (the latter for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10-activated BlackBerry 10 smartphones) connection with BlackBerry PlayBook

Using the BlackBerry 10 smartphone to Remote Control the BlackBerry PlayBook (if you haven�t yet, try it with your tablet connected to a TV via HDMI!)"

As far as I can tell they have added nothing.

And then this quote:

"You will notice this is different from the BlackBerry OS version, which also has special BlackBerry Bridge applications for Messages, Address Book and Calendar, to name a few. To email from accounts for which you previously used BlackBerry Bridge, simply add the accounts on your BlackBerry PlayBook."

Yes, I seem to have heard that they are GONE from this new, improved and crippled version of Bridge.
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    04-13-13 06:07 PM
    Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Sounds like he was talking out both side of his mouth and didn't say anything.
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    04-13-13 06:16 PM
    Ah, thanks for reposting the link for that incredibly vague or less than helpful blog.

And, I don't see any improvements in the File Manager aspect of Bridge but I don't have z10. But it looks the same as what we with OS7 have.

This quote is what perturbs me:...
    Yes, I seem to have heard that they are GONE from this new, improved and crippled version of Bridge.
    F2, I want you to know that I too have the same concerns that you do after reading this blog. I recently volunteered for an online survey for new Z10 owners that was conducted on the BBRY website. Yesterday, I received a phone call inviting me to join an online focus group and I accepted the invitation. I will certainly be voicing our concerns about BB Bridge in that venue.
    kbz1960, FF22, dphjeff and 1 others like this.
    04-13-13 08:39 PM
    F2, I want you to know that I too have the same concerns that you do after reading this blog. I recently volunteered for an online survey for new Z10 owners that was conducted on the BBRY website. Yesterday, I received a phone call inviting me to join an online focus group and I accepted the invitation. I will certainly be voicing our concerns about BB Bridge in that venue.
    Hopefully, you can speak for those of us not included in the survey. And while some may or may not use Bridge, it really is what made the combo of a pb and bbphone (with the original bridge) unique. You might also stress that private data (email, calendar, memos, etc) that were Bridged, remain private when the pb "floats" by itself. I could lend the pb to someone and my email/calendar/etc were free from purposeful or accidental prying.
    sad_old_man and BuzzStarField like this.
    04-13-13 09:03 PM
    Hopefully, you can speak for those of us not included in the survey. And while some may or may not use Bridge, it really is what made the combo of a pb and bbphone (with the original bridge) unique. You might also stress that private data (email, calendar, memos, etc) that were Bridged, remain private when the pb "floats" by itself. I could lend the pb to someone and my email/calendar/etc were free from purposeful or accidental prying.
    Will do... and speaking of privacy, I am going to suggest that we absolutely need the ability to set up profiles for various users on our BB10 devices. Parents don't want to hand their devices over to the kids for purposes of playing games and have vital data wiped out or infinite in-app purchases appear on the following carrier bill.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-13-13 09:50 PM
    Will do... and speaking of privacy, I am going to suggest that we absolutely need the ability to set up profiles for various users on our BB10 devices. Parents don't want to hand their devices over to the kids for purposes of playing games and have vital data wiped out or infinite in-app purchases appear on the following carrier bill.
    Good additional points.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-13-13 11:30 PM
    The answer seems rather simple to me. No former owner of a BB is going to base his or her decision on buying a Z10 solely on whether the Z10 can bridge to a PB. No one who is thinking about converting from Iphone or Android will base their decision based on the capacity of the Z10 to bridge. This feature has no relevance to the marketplace today.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 04-14-13 at 08:50 AM.
    04-14-13 12:26 AM
    S_O_M have you been in the Brandy your talking like a hillbilly.
    Us uns is insulted by yur last remark and its corn squeezins.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-14-13 01:05 AM
    S_O_M hope you'll fill us in on your new convertible. We pickup drivers are always interested in the motor cars favored by the more elite parts of society. :-) :-) :-)

And Mr. Starfield one day you may have to quit Windows XP and get a zippier machine. Does it still have a five year old CPU? Interesting that a man who has his head in the clouds would suffer from acrophobia. But maybe you were funning us.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-14-13 01:23 AM
    And Mr. Starfield one day you may have to quit Windows XP and get a zippier machine. Does it still have a five year old CPU? Interesting that a man who has his head in the clouds would suffer from acrophobia. But maybe you were funning us.
    I will upgrade from XP when M$ declares EOL on this fine OS and stops providing security updates or when BBRY and others stop supporting the platform with SDKs and IDEs that I require for my line of work. I will need a zippier machine only if I upgraded to one of M$'s newfangled bloatware OSs or decide that gaming is my life (not going to happen). With respect to my healthy fear of being high-up and near the edge of something, I can only point out that looking up is different from looking down.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-14-13 08:29 AM
    I will upgrade from XP when M$ declares EOL on this fine OS and stops providing security updates or when BBRY and others stop supporting the platform with SDKs and IDEs that I require for my line of work. I will need a zippier machine only if I upgraded to one of M$'s newfangled bloatware OSs or decide that gaming is my life (not going to happen). With respect to my healthy fear of being high-up and near the edge of something, I can only point out that looking up is different from looking down.
    I've found win7 to be just as good or better than XP. I'm even finding win8 to be good, ignoring the modern side that is.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-14-13 08:33 AM
    The answer seems rather simple to me. No former owner of a BB is going to base his or her decision on buying a Z10 on whether the Z10 can bridge to a PB. No one who is thinking about converting from Iphone or Android will base their decision based on the capacity of the Z10 to bridge. This feature has no relevance to the marketplace today.
    Well, at the moment, I am the antithesis of your proposition. I am not interesting in losing the full featured Bridge. I'm sure I'm not alone but you are probably right in that folks considering moving from another platform probably don't even know what it was and many bb fans are so happy they finally introduced a new phone that they overlook the loss.

But I clearly am not alone and I may resent their method of posting odd blogs and vague README files more than anything.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-14-13 08:49 AM
    Well, you have some time. Heard it was coming and just found this:

Microsoft Ends Support of Windows XP, Office 2003 in 2014!

"Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003
    Support Ends April 8, 2014"
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    04-14-13 08:52 AM
    The answer seems rather simple to me. No former owner of a BB is going to base his or her decision on buying a Z10 on whether the Z10 can bridge to a PB. No one who is thinking about converting from Iphone or Android will base their decision based on the capacity of the Z10 to bridge. This feature has no relevance to the marketplace today.
    Nonsense. The key word in your rebuttal is "today". I don't know exactly what Thor envisions when he touts a new age of "Mobile Computing" but I don't think that he is thinking that we should be saddled with disconnected devices that function in silos and store identical data that needs to be synchronized manually from time to time. More likely, he is thinking of small devices with processing power and data that plug into and/or connect with other devices. Connections will be made automatically and data will be transferred in the background; only when required: efficiently, transparently and without the user needing to worry about security. This sounds like bridges to me.
    kbz1960 and FF22 like this.
    04-14-13 08:54 AM
    I've found win7 to be just as good or better than XP. I'm even finding win8 to be good, ignoring the modern side that is.
    This is true. I build machines for friends and family and the newer OSs work great. I just don't see any upside in converting my own system just yet. In every case where I installed Win 8, I was asked to minimize the impact of the ugly and unfamiliar new UI. I am hoping M$'s next offering will give us some choices and when I take the leap, I won't need to hold my nose..
    04-14-13 09:14 AM
    The answer seems rather simple to me. No former owner of a BB is going to base his or her decision on buying a Z10 solely on whether the Z10 can bridge to a PB. No one who is thinking about converting from Iphone or Android will base their decision based on the capacity of the Z10 to bridge. This feature has no relevance to the marketplace today.
    Can or did the DROID and apple handsets ever have the ability to bridge, even if they wanted to? If you think that Apple and all the DROID manufacturers wouldn't have slated bb for not having it if the tables had been turned. I would like to bet you your next year's salary that:

A. There are more apple phone/ipad and DROID phone/tablet combinations out there than bb phone/pb combinations out there!
    B. Air time providers excluded, I bet both different sets of users would have killed to have a bridge function on their respective combinations of handset/tablet.

Also if not to bow down to pressure brought to bear by the air time providers, why does bb10 not utilise BIS anymore?

If your trying to increase your post count there are specific forums for doing just that. Please use them but remember to feel free to return at any time when you are not going to post inane comments like "This feature has no relevance to the marketplace today"

A phone makes calls and receives calls am I correct so far in my analysis as to the use for a phone? So why do "phone users" now clamour like lemmings for phones that have cameras, video recorders, radios, mp3 players, more mega pixels in the existing cameras, more apps that do all sorts of things that's "phones" were never created to do?

I don't decry users who clamour after such things so how can you state categorically that "This feature has no relevance to the marketplace today"?

Ahh unless of course you are employed by an air time provider, which if that's the case forget the bet! It won't be worth winning!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-14-13 09:18 AM
    I seem to recall reading a sign somewhere that said "Do not feed"...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-14-13 09:23 AM
    I seem to recall reading a sign somewhere that said "Do not feed"...
    Why is it always the dogs that chastise me?
    04-14-13 09:42 AM
    Nonsense. The key word in your rebuttal is "today". I don't know exactly what Thor envisions when he touts a new age of "Mobile Computing" but I don't think that he is thinking that we should be saddled with disconnected devices that function in silos and store identical data that needs to be synchronized manually from time to time. More likely, he is thinking of small devices with processing power and data that plug into and/or connect with other devices. Connections will be made automatically and data will be transferred in the background; only when required: efficiently, transparently and without the user needing to worry about security. This sounds like bridges to me.
    PERFECT synopsis.

I hope you have stored all of these comments for the survey/forum you will be taking part in!
    04-14-13 09:45 AM
    This is true. I build machines for friends and family and the newer OSs work great. I just don't see any upside in converting my own system just yet. In every case where I installed Win 8, I was asked to minimize the impact of the ugly and unfamiliar new UI. I am hoping M$'s next offering will give us some choices and when I take the leap, I won't need to hold my nose..
    Yep. I was just clicking on desktop after a boot and staying there but I got start is back so I don't even ever see anymore.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-14-13 09:45 AM
121 12345