Hi all and thanks for you replies to my post about losing bride functionality if I leave BB7 and move to BB10 .
    I use bridge many time a day and yesterday I was in a dull meeting an I was using my PB and bride to catch up and make some notes and send a few texts and a couple of BBms. If I was using my phone to do the same job I would have been asked to leave the meeting! They all thought I was making notes on my tab.
    It also made me think even more how useful bride is and how if I upgrade to BB10 I will loose so much functionality.
    I feel Blackberry has kept us all in the dark on this issue and with the upcoming deadline of my existing contract due to expire 8th of June I need to decide on a new 24 month contract BB7 or lose bridge and go for BB10 which I dont think I will do . I can see others are hanging on the same as I am to see if blackberry will do something to help us all.
    Maybe Orlando will provide some answers?
    Regarding BB 10 on my playbooks , I am not so sure this is a big issue to me but I would be so happy if bridge could be made to work with BB10 even as a way of buying some time to see if BB10 comes to the PB in the future. I dont know if this is possible?
    Come on Blackberry help us loyal PB and blackberry fans before we defect to the droid or windows or dare I say apple.
    Thanks again for all your help and advice.
    Traxx4
    FF22 likes this.
    05-14-13 07:44 AM
    Do you have to upgrade or want to upgrade? I can understand wanting a new phone, but if Bridge is that important- and it's pretty awesome in the older OS - maybe wait for a couple of months to see if there are any updates. Otherwise, get a new Bold.
    05-14-13 09:04 AM
    I understand your feelings as bridge is important to me also. one thing I don't understand is why a user would go to droid or apple instead of buying a bb10 device. that will not get your bridge functions back. you loose them either way so you migt as well get a bb10 and enjoy that experience. who knows what will happen when playbooks are upgraded, but I'm positive that internet and files will still be shared and you might even get native bbm out of the deal! don't give up and stay tuned!

Sent from an ATM
    05-14-13 09:11 AM
    Do you to to enter into a NEW CONTRACT or can you remain on a month to month with your existing plan?

My personal FEELINGS based on nothing but where we are at - Bridge will not be restored. But again, that's just speculation on my part.

As you say, maybe Orlando will answer the question. And has Orlando Bloom been added to the mix to "stars" selling the bb products? How much are they paying this non-technical talent?
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    05-14-13 09:58 AM
    Since no BB10 for the Playbook and no upgrade to Bridge, how about an app making the Playbook an emulator for the Z10. A VPN app allowing us to use the Z10 processor, storage and apps, the Playbook becomes a large screened Z10.
    05-14-13 03:40 PM