hey guys, i'm new here, actually i'm new to BB, got my Curve 9300 3G on Dec18/11 and my PB 32GB on Dec 26/11, what i'm trying to do is transfer my bookmarks from my computer to my PB, when connected via BDS i can see a folder named Bookmarks so i dragged and dropped most of mine in there but i can't find them on my PB, any inputs, thanks.
    01-08-12 12:08 AM
    At this point, no one seems to know what the Bookmarks (or books) folder is intended to do.

You can open your bookmarks file manually.

Using the Browser, enter the address url as:

file:///accounts/1000/shared/bookmarks/YOURFILE.html

where YOURFILE.html is your bookmark file.

I've created a 3-across table of my favorite bookmark links as my homepage when the Browser opens.
    01-08-12 09:29 AM
    At this point, no one seems to know what the Bookmarks (or books) folder is intended to do.

You can open your bookmarks file manually.

Using the Browser, enter the address url as:

file:///accounts/1000/shared/bookmarks/YOURFILE.html

where YOURFILE.html is your bookmark file.

I've created a 3-across table of my favorite bookmark links as my homepage when the Browser opens.
    testing right now
    01-08-12 09:41 AM
    cannot navigate to local files
    01-08-12 09:44 AM
    Try variations on

file:

file:/

file:///

Which BROWSER are you using? I'm using the regular (not bridge version).

Then tap into each subfolder till you can see your html file (it should be a txt or html file)

I just typed:

file: (in the screen capture, it was auto changed to file:///)

as the url and

this is a screen capture of the file: url and of my 3-column homepage
    Last edited by F2; 01-08-12 at 10:43 AM.
    DD1968 likes this.
    01-08-12 10:39 AM
    01-08-12 10:43 AM
    ohh, good one - looks pretier on OS2

01-08-12 11:58 AM
    Oh, interesting change in appearance and glad that they did not remove that access (they did remove it at one point in one of the OS1 upgrades).
    01-08-12 12:08 PM
    found a solution, there is a free app called "Air Browser" which opens the bookmark folder, thanks anyway for all your help specially to F2
    01-14-12 02:22 AM
    found a solution, there is a free app called "Air Browser" which opens the bookmark folder, thanks anyway for all your help specially to F2
    Hmmmm I can't access my bookmarks in air browser...
    Any suggestions appreciated!
    TIA
    01-16-12 10:25 AM
    Hmmmm I can't access my bookmarks in air browser...
    Any suggestions appreciated!
    TIA
    You or I may have misunderstood. Air Browser does not open bookmarks unless you have them in an html file format. Then it can open that html file in the browser. Or I may have misunderstood what issue you are having.
    01-16-12 11:55 AM
    I did a security wipe and now the Bookmarks folder is gone. I was hoping to transfer my bookmarks from my computer to that folder (so that I could organize my bookmarks into folders and subfolders), but now I cannot. I cannot even create that folder on the main...explorer? (not sure what to call it, but it has "Books" "Camera" "Documents" and so forth). Guess I can put my bookmarks elsewhere (like under documents).

I love 2.0, but I just want to organize my bookmarks into folders AND subfolders! It just seems like a strange standard feature to omit.
    02-28-12 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD