When a debate devolves into a flame war, then it is no longer a debate. I'm all for debate and the whole "My device is better than yours" repartee, but when personal attacks appear, then it is no longer a debate.

Plus, you know, there's this.
    Yes I know it hurt you badly didn't it. I suppose therapy is in order now.

Yep I get it and I'm sure the mod stick will out. Not sure I see a flame war and one can't be started if people choose to ignore instead of choosing to be offended over such trivial stuff.
    08-20-12 09:56 AM
    While I don't own anything other than a playbook I have used an ipad. I can pretty much sum up why I will never own anything made by apple in one word.

itunes
    Thats it man. I dont know how Apple users get around it. You cant share any music, all your apps have to be aquired legitimatly.. You have to Jailbreak the thing to copy anything over to it. It really amazes me how they continue to smile and walk around with a baby lcd monitor in their pocket and white ear buds jamin away, with pride.
    08-20-12 09:59 AM
    Thats it man. I dont know how Apple users get around it. You cant share any music, all your apps have to be aquired legitimatly.. You have to Jailbreak the thing to copy anything over to it. It really amazes me how they continue to smile and walk around with a baby lcd monitor in their pocket and white ear buds jamin away, with pride.
    Totally agree with ya
    08-20-12 10:04 AM
    Yes I know it hurt you badly didn't it. I suppose therapy is in order now.

Yep I get it and I'm sure the mod stick will out. Not sure I see a flame war and one can't be started if people choose to ignore instead of choosing to be offended over such trivial stuff.
    Oh, Great and Mighty kbz1960, I apologize for not being nearly as intelligent as you and the OP are. Both of you are always 100% correct in all things, and I am wrong, wrong, WRONG!

How could I possibly have taken offense at an unprovoked personal attack when all I did was try to be funny?

I should leave the role of funny man to professionals like you two, who are obviously the perfect arbiters of humor.

Please accept my humblest apologies, and allow me to worship all things kbz1960, The Greatest Person in the World!
    08-20-12 10:09 AM
    eh, this thread was flame bait since the its title was written ^^

Even the "IMO" didnt helped.

I've been around only for 2 months and still i can say

"Same old, same old"...

Have fun

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-20-12 10:14 AM
    You would be suprised how many ppl commented in here and never owned any of them.
    Like who... and why does it matter?

Nothing wrong with owning multiple devices. In my perfect world, I'd own everyone, good or bad. I love technology.

FTR, I don't think Math meant anything malicious with the meme.
    08-20-12 10:39 AM
    Yeah that Picard pic was funny as h3ll LOL I can't believe they edited the word h3ll here
    08-20-12 10:43 AM
    Yeah I hate seeing people happy with their devices too.
    Rickroller likes this.
    08-20-12 10:45 AM
    Oh, Great and Mighty kbz1960, I apologize for not being nearly as intelligent as you and the OP are. Both of you are always 100% correct in all things, and I am wrong, wrong, WRONG!

How could I possibly have taken offense at an unprovoked personal attack when all I did was try to be funny?

I should leave the role of funny man to professionals like you two, who are obviously the perfect arbiters of humor.

Please accept my humblest apologies, and allow me to worship all things kbz1960, The Greatest Person in the World!
    Why thank you. And I accept. But seriously, not only online, I'm so tired of people being insulted and offended by words. BTW I loved the Picard link.

Oh and you don't need to go so far over the top. I'm nothing and can also be ignored like anyone else.

I hope you survive these personal attacks as I hear they are horrendous.
    08-20-12 10:51 AM
    While I don't own anything other than a playbook I have used an ipad. I can pretty much sum up why I will never own anything made by apple in one word.

itunes
    Now I am with you there. I despise iTunes LOL.

all your apps have to be aquired legitimatly
    How do you acquire your apps? What is wrong with legitimate procurement of intellectual property?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-20-12 10:52 AM
    Like who... and why does it matter?

Nothing wrong with owning multiple devices. In my perfect world, I'd own everyone, good or bad. I love technology.

FTR, I don't think Math meant anything malicious with the meme.
    You can read back in the post if you really wanted to know who here was commenting about their favorite tablet without owning any of them.

I hear ya, I swear I would own them all if I could think of a legitamte excuse.

I know Math meant no harm. In fact Math later chimed in with an op, and thats really all we ask in here. Have a take...
    08-20-12 11:04 AM
    Now I am with you there. I despise iTunes LOL.

How do you acquire your apps? What is wrong with legitimate procurement of intellectual property?
    I aquire all my apps legitamatly. However once I have obtained an App I would like to be able to port it to my other like devices without an intermediary onlineagent (itunes) performing a hash check on every packet of data i sync into my device.
    08-20-12 11:06 AM
    Why thank you. And I accept. But seriously, not only online, I'm so tired of people being insulted and offended by words. BTW I loved the Picard link.

Oh and you don't need to go so far over the top. I'm nothing and can also be ignored like anyone else.

I hope you survive these personal attacks as I hear they are horrendous.
    MAN! you guys are so passionate on here. I love it!
    08-20-12 11:08 AM
    eh, this thread was flame bait since the its title was written ^^

Even the "IMO" didnt helped.

I've been around only for 2 months and still i can say

"Same old, same old"...

Have fun

Pedro, in your opinion do you think every topic which offers comparision between BB and Apple are "Flame Bait"? Im starting to notice a trend here.

If you cant discuss these matters here on Crackberry than where?

BTW, even when you look at reviews from TechBuffalo, etc on youtube, the comments turn into a tablet shout match. It seems this topic has grown organically like the battle of religion which also sparks great debate in any circle. I never thought I would see the day when Tech talk becomes more contraversial than politics.
    08-20-12 11:30 AM
    Ah, was going to say welcome to the site. Then I saw your next post. The typical troll and flamebait.

Glad you like your playbook. Must be a LOT of idiots and yuppies in the world considering how many people use iPads. Or maybe...just maybe it was the right tablet for them?

You know what else is a simplistic device? A hammer. Or a knife. Yet there are a million uses for each. Go figure.
    I'm honestly wondering which previously banned user is back as an alt.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    Rickroller and brucep1 like this.
    08-20-12 11:35 AM
    But it has!

I see the tablet/phone brands fans like the football ones.

You will always support your team, no matter what, even if you lost cause - Thats loyalty(which is good, but sometimes this "blindness" disables peoples from a clean thought and reasoning).

So yes, IMO( of course ) this kind of discussions will always escalade to flames and attacking the posters, instead of discussion the specs...

And, for what i've seen, this always happens :

1- "Oh, i bought this device and its very good. I had that device and this one is nothing like thatl

2 - "Why do you say that? What are the facts??"

Etc...

Am i wrong?

08-20-12 11:37 AM
    Hi Renee, Im new to CB. Well long time reader since day one but first time poster. I really hope I havent done anything to get kicked off. I must have read these forums thousands of times over the year, and i never knew it was such a passionate community out there who, like me have a strong op on their technolgy.

As for your take. Which Tablet do you prefer?
    08-20-12 11:42 AM
    But it has!

I see the tablet/phone brands fans like the football ones.

You will always support your team, no matter what, even if you lost cause - Thats loyalty(which is good, but sometimes this "blindness" disables peoples from a clean thought and reasoning).

So yes, IMO( of course ) this kind of discussions will always escalade to flames and attacking the posters, instead of discussion the specs...

And, for what i've seen, this always happens :

1- "Oh, i bought this device and its very good. I had that device and this one is nothing like thatl

2 - "Why do you say that? What are the facts??"

Etc...

Am i wrong?

I see your point. and theres actually allot to be said there. Rarley do we discuss the facts aka the specs as much as we discuss the user experience or preferences.

I think the main reason is becuase, spec for spec most of these devices are prety evenly matched. So it requires a further level of analysis and debate. even if we could go off specs alne someone will argue Specs arent everything.

I disagree about the sport team analogy. The main reason for my post is to hear op from users who root for more than one team, and who are not biased toward a device. In my opinion this is the only way to seperate those who are cheering for their team and those who are not blind and have a position based on something other than hear say.
    08-20-12 11:50 AM
    Had a PlayBook until I spilled beer on it. Now it won't turn on, so it sits in a drawer..where it already had spent a lot of time. After having owned the device for probably 8 months, the only thing I found it useful for was Treehouse for my kid, and throwing some movies on there for him for flights. The music player was horrible (although the sound was great), internet browsing was inconsistant, and trying to watch Youtube on it was an effort in futility.

My wife owns the iPad, and while i'm not a big Apple fan, it's good at what it does, and for what she needs. I bought a Xoom when they first came out, and returned it the next day, simply because it didn't offer me anything more than my phone could already do, and I simply hate carrying around more hardware than I need to.

I'm eagerly awaiting Microsoft Surface Pro, because this could be a tablet I could actually find some use for. Of course, I won't jump on it without thoroughly investigating it first..but if it lives up to the hype, I'll be all over it.

As for this thread..
    08-20-12 11:58 AM
    Hi Renee, Im new to CB. Well long time reader since day one but first time poster. I really hope I havent done anything to get kicked off. I must have read these forums thousands of times over the year, and i never knew it was such a passionate community out there who, like me have a strong op on their technolgy.
    Anybody who's read the threads on here would know that CB is a passionate community..especially in the past year. Between the bans, and thread locks..you'd have to be blind not to know how passionate this group of people is about their tech.
    pantlesspenguin and reeneebob like this.
    08-20-12 12:00 PM
    Anybody who's read the threads on here would know that CB is a passionate community..especially in the past year. Between the bans, and thread locks..you'd have to be blind not to know how passionate this group of people is about their tech.
    That's why I refer(lovingly) to crackberry addicts fanatics LOL
    08-20-12 12:24 PM

As for your take. Which Tablet do you prefer?
    If I was I the market for a tablet, which I'm not, I'd probably go Nexus 7. But I'm very, very happy with my little ol HP Touchpad dual booted with WebOS and Cyanogen mod. Rarely use the Cyanogen side though because I love WebOS.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    08-20-12 12:27 PM
    Hook, line, and sinker...............
    08-20-12 01:08 PM
    Messiah, hope you're more than one in a million, because that's not what i've seen so far. But of course i'm only here for two months, so there a big chance that i'm wrong. But, so far, that's what it looks...

I also consider myself as a "moderate user", since i recognize the flaws of my device at the same i advocate for the good one's.

Hope that some users don't get banned, because Rim, Apple or Samsung won't be saving them at that moment, and well, these forums are great to gather knowledge about ours, and others devices, that, since tech is always changing, have a lot of probability of being better than ours. We have to be humble to see that i guess(im not talking about you...)

But then again, this is just my opinion, so thats what its worth

08-20-12 01:32 PM
    Rick, I swear I have read the forums, since they have been around. I never signed up and I never noticed threads were getting closed.

Anyway, I'm glad to b It could be because I was only looking for information/ how to's etc..e here.
    08-20-12 01:49 PM
124 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD