I'm one of the idiots that paid full price, yeah the Playbook is fabulous. As I sit here on my PC to type this :

- My Playbook is connected to my WIFI network but none of the web connectivity works. I've reset the piece of garbage 3 times and my router 3 times. All other devices connected to the network are fine.
    - It is IMPOSSIBLE to delete the piece of crap scribbles / doodleblast game. I delete it over and over and it keeps telling me I need to upgrade it. A minor annoyance, but an allegory for a crappy device.
    - My PC will not recognize it as a drive or in Blackberry software therefore I cannot add music or movies easily. The Blackberry software sees a Playbook, but can't access it and won't allow me to see files, let alone copy.

The Playbook should have been names the Jokebook.

The reality is really simple. The Playbook could have been a good device but because of Research in Motion's rank, disgusting, obvious incompetence it is nothing more than an asterisk on the timeline of technology. It's the ultimate underachiever. It's a frustration.

You can talk crap about the iPad until you're blue in the face (I'm not an Apple guy) but it does one thing that the Playbook cannot do after over 2 years. It works consistently and easily. The Playbook doesn't and will never, which is why it will be lucky in 10 years to be remembers as the betamax of the tablet world.
    Wow since day 1? Why on earth would you keep it? I don't think that's the norm. But whatever it's your money.

For ME I like the pb best and I'm the only one that matters since no one else is using it for me.
    08-20-12 07:49 AM
    Let's face it. The only reason most people buy Playbook is because of the price. If the price had been starting from $499, most of our Playbooks would have been collecting dust in RIM's warehouse.
    08-20-12 08:09 AM
    Maybe people are coming in and giving their opinions because they disagree with the OP? Surely the whole point of a forum is to discuss different subjects and opinions - not to follow up opinions with a number of posts saying "I agree"?

Once again, I'm dismayed by the contents of your post, varunsain. You don't agree with post in this thread, which is fine, but calling people "*******" for not sharing your opinion is nothing but ill mannered and offensive. Although I cannot lay the blame solely with you as it seems there have been other offensive remarks made in this thread.
    Your right. Thats is the whole purpose for a post like this. I would hate to hear a bunch of people simply agreeing with me. and it seems there are quite a few subjective fanboys on here who prefer the iPad over the PB. To me the smoking bullet is the Device and the base OS its self. Forget its stock value, forget which is more popular, just focus on the device and OS. If the PB had all the same apps as the iPAD or Android there would be no comparison. Its size and ergonomics is far more suitable for a tablet form factor. The Multi Tasking is something to write home about.
    08-20-12 08:27 AM
    Let's face it. The only reason most people buy Playbook is because of the price. If the price had been starting from $499, most of our Playbooks would have been collecting dust in RIM's warehouse.
    I disagree. There are several Android tabs that have been out for some time and they are/were always lower in cost than the PB. With all the ridicule PB faced (for a number of legitimate reasons) you would almost have to buy a Playbook on purpose, not becuase its cheaper.
    08-20-12 08:31 AM
    On its own, as a standalone product, the PB is a pretty nice item (IMHO).

The problem is that for most people (it seems) that tablets are not standalone products. The success of any tablet seems tied into its ecosystem (ducks from AG ), and even then, that is not a guarantee of success, as Android tablets (outside of Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire) seem to prove.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-20-12 08:42 AM
    I'm one of the idiots that paid full price, yeah the Playbook is fabulous. As I sit here on my PC to type this :

- My Playbook is connected to my WIFI network but none of the web connectivity works. I've reset the piece of garbage 3 times and my router 3 times. All other devices connected to the network are fine.
    - It is IMPOSSIBLE to delete the piece of crap scribbles / doodleblast game. I delete it over and over and it keeps telling me I need to upgrade it. A minor annoyance, but an allegory for a crappy device.
    - My PC will not recognize it as a drive or in Blackberry software therefore I cannot add music or movies easily. The Blackberry software sees a Playbook, but can't access it and won't allow me to see files, let alone copy.

The Playbook should have been names the Jokebook.

The reality is really simple. The Playbook could have been a good device but because of Research in Motion's rank, disgusting, obvious incompetence it is nothing more than an asterisk on the timeline of technology. It's the ultimate underachiever. It's a frustration.

You can talk crap about the iPad until you're blue in the face (I'm not an Apple guy) but it does one thing that the Playbook cannot do after over 2 years. It works consistently and easily. The Playbook doesn't and will never, which is why it will be lucky in 10 years to be remembers as the betamax of the tablet world.
    Wow so you have 1 lemon and decide that all PB is crap? REALLY? Cuzz there is hundreds of peeps on here who own perfectly working PB's (myself included) and don't have all the trouble your having! Perhaps if you would have taken the defective unit back and got a replacement that functions normally your outlook would totally be different....just saying
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    08-20-12 08:42 AM
    I disagree. There are several Android tabs that have been out for some time and they are/were always lower in cost than the PB. With all the ridicule PB faced (for a number of legitimate reasons) you would almost have to buy a Playbook on purpose, not becuase its cheaper.
    Hmm.. You would have been right a few months ago. The majority of android tablets were either cheap and nasty or expensive. That's why I bought a PlayBook as it came in at a nice price and is quality hardware.

Fast forward seven months and things are different. We have the Nexus 7 at a similar price point along with a reasonable Samsung 7"er which is even cheaper. They both lack some of the PlayBook features hardware wise, but both have other good points (NFC, quad core, Google Play...)

I'm going to sell my PB soon to help pay for a Nexus 7. I'll miss the HDMI and stereo speakers, but I spend more of my time browsing and playing games, so I think the Nexus will be better for me. I would have a Nexus 7 now, but when I went to buy one on Saturday the guy in the shop practically laughed in my face and told me that I wouldn't find one in stock anywhere within the next two weeks because they've been so popular. If I didn't have a gift voucher which can only be used in-store I would have bought one online, where there is plentiful stock, already....
    08-20-12 08:47 AM
    The Xoom was horrible. Nothing about it was right.

Guess I are one of them iPad 1di0ts. I also have a Playbook, Kindle Fire and Samsung Galaxy S (Android) and a Samsung Series 7 Tablet running Windows 8 Enterprise.
    My response to you and all the others who own several tablets.
    Last edited by mathprof08; 08-20-12 at 08:58 AM.
    beman39, beman39 and DC506 like this.
    08-20-12 08:50 AM
    Wow so you have 1 lemon and decide that all PB is crap? REALLY? Cuzz there is hundreds of peeps on here who own perfectly working PB's (myself included) and don't have all the trouble your having! Perhaps if you would have taken the defective unit back and got a replacement that functions normally your outlook would totally be different....just saying
    Dukey is a Apple user rather he knows it or not. People like this baffle me. I really think he does not have the technical know how to bother with more complex OS's such as the QNX or Android. This is why im confused as to why he bought his PB in the first place. He should have watched the commercials and listened to the masses and purchased accordingly. Im really sorry that happened to him, but its his own fault.
    08-20-12 08:50 AM
    Math, do you have anything enlightning or funny to bring to the conversation. This post is litterally about people with mutiple devices that have a subjective op on their favorite.

Lets try this, do you have a favorite tablet? Do you own a tablet? Cummon tell me, I care...
    08-20-12 08:52 AM
    Hmm.. You would have been right a few months ago. The majority of android tablets were either cheap and nasty or expensive. That's why I bought a PlayBook as it came in at a nice price and is quality hardware.

Fast forward seven months and things are different. We have the Nexus 7 at a similar price point along with a reasonable Samsung 7"er which is even cheaper. They both lack some of the PlayBook features hardware wise, but both have other good points (NFC, quad core, Google Play...)

I'm going to sell my PB soon to help pay for a Nexus 7. I'll miss the HDMI and stereo speakers, but I spend more of my time browsing and playing games, so I think the Nexus will be better for me. I would have a Nexus 7 now, but when I went to buy one on Saturday the guy in the shop practically laughed in my face and told me that I wouldn't find one in stock anywhere within the next two weeks because they've been so popular. If I didn't have a gift voucher which can only be used in-store I would have bought one online, where there is plentiful stock, already....
    I love consumers like this guy! He owns, he conducts research and rally test devices out and forms an opinion about whats important to him for a device. Good luck on your next platform. Im sure the Android will suite you well for a little while. Personally I cant stand all the inconsistency with Android, but I do realize its not the OS's fault. You can litterally go on the Android Market and have different apps from device to device based on the hardware. This is why some apps are buggy and dont work correctly on some devices. Apple and Playbook dont have this problem becuase theres only one hardware manufacturer.
    ajst222 likes this.
    08-20-12 08:59 AM
    Math, do you have anything enlightning or funny to bring to the conversation. This post is litterally about people with mutiple devices that have a subjective op on their favorite.

Lets try this, do you have a favorite tablet? Do you own a tablet? Cummon tell me, I care...
    Relax, dude. I was just trying to add a little humor to your useless thread. I own a PlayBook and I love it.

If you want to start a flame war with me, however, I suggest that you learn to spell first. Proper use of punctuation would help too.
    08-20-12 09:10 AM
    Hello mikeo007 i have quoted the original post for you.. Im sorry but everything in between is complete junk.. Im sure you have great reading skills to go through all of it.. It's suited for you..
    So let me get this straight...you said the OP did not want a debate.
    The OP stated that he did want a debate.
    You discount the OPs statement because it is "complete junk"

Your logic is infallible.
    BBMessiah likes this.
    08-20-12 09:24 AM
    I'm so very glad to see that this worthless thread has devolved into another flame war.

Maybe the mods should close it?
    mikeo007 likes this.
    08-20-12 09:27 AM
    I'm so very glad to see that this worthless thread has devolved into another flame war.

Already reported it a while ago. There's either no mods online or they're about to swing the ban hammer.
    08-20-12 09:35 AM
    I dunno, I thought his post was funny!

Relax, dude. I was just trying to add a little humor to your useless thread. I own a PlayBook and I love it.

If you want to start a flame war with me, however, I suggest that you learn to spell first. Proper use of punctuation would help too.
    Dude I totally agree with ya! LOL How do they afford all that crap? LOL
    Last edited by beman39; 08-20-12 at 09:43 AM.
    08-20-12 09:40 AM

Hey Math, im calm and cool as a fan. As I previously mentioned I love discussing this topic, because of all the passion. You should see when I bring this up in my office. You want to see a bunch of grown men in suits argue like girls, meet me on 48 and 2nd.

Im new to Crackberry, well Im a long time reader since day one, but I never really posted. Anyway, I also think its refreshing to see that not many people start spell checking and complaing about grammer and pnctuation. It seems that this audience is already past the I spell better than you and I take time to edit my post phase. this is no diss to you, I litterally only broght it up becuase I was suprrised nobody else has said anything about spelling.

Good to see im not crazy and "I spell better than you" is still a valid punch back on the forums.

So, you like the PB. Thats nice. However I wonder if you have spent anytime with any other device and if you could elaborate on your op.
    08-20-12 09:42 AM
    Yes that's it close all threads that involve debate and has a few members who say dumb things in them. I'm sorry that most aren't grown up enough to not let name calling bother them.

Does it really hurt your feelings or ruin your day? Did it cost you anything?

You know the old sticks and stones. I try not to use isheep, roid and rimbecile but when I read it, it doesn't bother me one bit. Am I more secure?
    08-20-12 09:44 AM
    Yes that's it close all threads that involve debate and has a few members who say dumb things in them. I'm sorry that most aren't grown up enough to not let name calling bother them.

You know the old sticks and stones. I try not to use isheep, roid and rimbecile but when I read it, it doesn't bother me one bit. Am I more secure?
    When a debate devolves into a flame war, then it is no longer a debate. I'm all for debate and the whole "My device is better than yours" repartee, but when personal attacks appear, then it is no longer a debate.

Plus, you know, there's this.
    08-20-12 09:50 AM

^^that LOL
    BBMessiah likes this.
    08-20-12 09:51 AM
    Is it just me, or did I miss the answer to the "why" in the title of this thread? PS it's Xoom, not Zoom.
    08-20-12 09:52 AM
    I dunno, I thought his post was funny!

Dude I totally agree with ya! LOL How do they afford all that crap? LOL
    - His comment wasent funny it just sounds like he is jealous- Im just glad he at least has a tablet. You would be suprised how many ppl commented in here and never owned any of them.

Well, i hear that question all the time. First off.. odviously I can afford all this crap, but I think more importantly I have convinced myself that I need it all. I can explain why I have 3 Laptops, (1 for work, 1 for personal home life, 1 for p#*n). In my head I can explain all my tablets and mobile devices too. When I want something new I sometimes sell something old on CList. I dont like things litterally collecting dust. If I cant strap a peice of velcro on it and paste it on a wall somewhere, I will sell it to keep the eco device eco system happy.

We have mutiple devices becuase this is what makes us happy. You probally collect model cars, watches or jewlery or something. - nothing wrong with that either BTW...
    08-20-12 09:52 AM
    While I don't own anything other than a playbook I have used an ipad. I can pretty much sum up why I will never own anything made by apple in one word.

itunes
    08-20-12 09:53 AM
    When a debate devolves into a flame war, then it is no longer a debate. I'm all for debate and the whole "My device is better than yours" repartee, but when personal attacks appear, then it is no longer a debate.

Plus, you know, there's this.
    Sorry I don't see a flame war...not yet anyways I see peeps having a debate and expressing their own personal opinions...except for maybe 1 person but that's justv1 out of a dozen having a debate...
    BBMessiah likes this.
    08-20-12 09:55 AM
    My 64gig pb is the best tablet I own because it has twice as much storage as my 32gig pb!
    mud314 likes this.
    08-20-12 09:55 AM
124 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD