After a full charge, my 14 mo old PB 64GB is running out of juice in about 8 hours now.. without having any apps open. It used to last me almost 2 days without a charge... what could be the reason? thanks for tips
    01-02-14 09:46 AM
    Your battery is getting old and breathless. Bit like me I guess!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    66sven likes this.
    01-02-14 09:53 AM
    After a full charge, my 14 mo old PB 64GB is running out of juice in about 8 hours now.. without having any apps open. It used to last me almost 2 days without a charge... what could be the reason? thanks for tips
    Battery degradation overtime is the most common issue in the world of electronics. It really depends on how you treat the battery.

Best practice is to re-calibrate the battery once a month. As in drain it completely and recharge it fully. But this should not be done often as it's actually bad for lithium battery to completely drain it. Once in a while is fine.

Try cycling the battery. Drain it completely and recharge ot back to full. If that does not work then you might need to get the battery replaced, if it's still possible.
    66sven likes this.
    01-02-14 09:56 AM
    It is getting OLD and the battery is dying... Those batteries will last about 3 years from their production date on average - not when you buy a device. So anyone buying a brand new PlayBook today, is most likely already out 12 - 18 months of battery life. Yours might be 14 months old or it might be 24 months old. But ultimately the older the cells are the less they will hold a charge.

But usage and how/when the batteries are charged will also affect the life cycle. You could always try doing a complete wipe and reinstall of the OS... to make sure it isn't a software issue....
    66sven likes this.
    01-02-14 10:00 AM
    Another option to look at is one of the latest side loaded apps you put on, sometimes this has been known to happen.

As well, there is the ol hotmail fix, if you have a hotmail account set up in your email, delete and set it back up. I had to do this once and it helped my PlayBook battery life, can't explain why other than it may have something to do with the polling to receive email, but none the less it worked.

Have a good day.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    66sven likes this.
    01-02-14 10:01 AM
    did you change your wifi network use? Did you set new bluetooth devices? Did you increase screen lighting? Permanent music listening?
    01-02-14 11:53 AM
    PB battery is rated at 19.95 watt-hours but probably is 16-18 watt-hours after use. Suggest getting Advanced App Manager (free) from BB world to check on whether any apps are running in the background. Also suggest Battery Guru from BB world at nominal cost to monitorr current draw. It may help to go into airplanr mode and then standby,

Would suggest three finger shutdown and restart to clear temp data.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    01-02-14 01:15 PM

Best practice is to re-calibrate the battery once a month. As in drain it completely and recharge it fully. But this should not be done often as it's actually bad for lithium battery to completely drain it. Once in a while is fine.

Try cycling the battery. Drain it completely and recharge ot back to full. If that does not work then you might need to get the battery replaced, if it's still possible.
    I'd avoid this. The number one issue that Playbook owners have occurs from them letting their batteries run too low. Search this forum for "stack charge" if you're skeptical about this.
    jpash549 likes this.
    01-02-14 02:42 PM
    My battery is just as good the day i got it two years ago. The key is to always ensure its charged!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 02:46 PM