Hi, I'm new and not very technically savvy. My daughter's playbook will not charge. The battery went down to zero. She said she had tried to charge it before it got to this stage but it wouldn't charge. I think perhaps the port/usb connection on PB is a bit damaged and therefore intermittent. Anyway, now it wont turn on or charge + I've even left it plugged in overnight. I have been reading all other battery related threads + I think maybe there isn't enough charge for the charger to work. I tried 'stacking' charging as suggested but it didn't work and to be honest I didn't really know what I was doing. I don't even know what the flashing charging light should look like! What I want to know is, if I bought the rapid charge docking station stand thing would it charge the PB and solve this problem? Thank you in anticipation.
    04-04-13 04:33 PM
    Does it do anything when you try to charge?
    There is a LED light to the left of the front facing camera. In normal operation this will slowly pules a greenish/yellow color with the PB turned off and charging . When the light stays on it is fully chgarged.

Be sure the BB logo on the charger is facing up(screen side) when you plug it in.
    Bramleygirl66 likes this.
    04-04-13 05:15 PM
    Also, look inside the usb port on the pb (with the screen up and rubber down). The connector (board or protrusion) should be level although closer to the bottom of the socket. Some folks have been able to re-level it GENTLY using a toothpick or other non-conductive probe.

Then when trying to stack charge, get the plug in correctly and unplug AT THE WALL so that you avoid stress on the usb port.

You might also plug it in and leave it overnight. Do NOT try turning it on periodically to check as that screen light can take the charge down quickly again.
    Last edited by F2; 04-04-13 at 08:15 PM.
    04-04-13 06:27 PM
    See Blackberry Knowledge Base article.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    04-04-13 07:25 PM
    The Blackberry rapid travel charger which uses the magnetic three pin connection not the usb port is a good thing to have and I would recommend highly if you can find one to fit your budget. The rapid charging dock which uses same magnetic connection is preferred by some people but is much more susceptible to problems in getting a good connection.
    04-04-13 07:35 PM
    Look up stack charging in this forum.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-04-13 11:23 PM
    Thank you for your suggestions. When I plug in and turn on the red light comes on constant for 10 seconds or so, then the greenish light flashes 5 times then stops. That's it, nothing else happens. After that, should I unplug the charger at the wall and plug it back in again? Would it be the same if I just turned wall plug switch off then back on again?
    If all else fails and rapid charging dock would work, then I'll buy one.
    04-05-13 04:15 AM
    Thank you for your suggestions. When I plug in and turn on the red light comes on constant for 10 seconds or so, then the greenish light flashes 5 times then stops. That's it, nothing else happens. After that, should I unplug the charger at the wall and plug it back in again? Would it be the same if I just turned wall plug switch off then back on again?
    If all else fails and rapid charging dock would work, then I'll buy one.
    Rapid charger will not work in this case, well maybe stack charging, but not what you mean as it's not a charger issue, it's because the battery was let down to zero playbook has this certain little pita flaw, don't let it go down past 20% on ant device let alone zero, the playbook us really picky about that.

Look up stack charging the playbook, it is what you need to do in order to get it working.
    04-05-13 08:00 AM
    The Docking station/Rapid Charger should work it orked for me when this happened to me and it worked for a friend as well
    04-05-13 08:10 AM
    Dito on what Jake says. My niece's wouldn't start, it was run down to 0% and the dog had chewed the usb cable and someone had put the usb plug in upside down. Yeesh. I brought it home, dropped it into the Rapid charging dock, tried it 4 hours later and it started up (still showing 0% for the battery). It then charged normally and is functioning perfectly.
    04-05-13 08:31 AM