I'll try to keep it brief.
    When you are typing with the on screen keyboard on a website just like CrackBerry.com, as you type, suggestions appear above where you're typing. The annoying part is:
    If you try to edit the text by clicking somewhere in the paragraph you just typed, the suggestions disappear and the screen moves down to fill the space of where the suggestions used to be. Then you start typing to correct a word or add a sentence and the suggestions appear again, moving the page up. It's very annoying for me and I'm sure others agree.
    Another annoying part of typing is when you click the blue edit arrow thing, the "cancle, copy, cut" options often display ontop of the word you are trying to edit.
    Does RIM realize this so it will be fixed? Or should I contact them about it so that they may try to fix it in the next update?
    I don't want any useless comments saying RIM won't care or anything, I just want normal helpful replies.
    04-11-12 04:15 PM
    I want, I don't want?
    04-11-12 04:22 PM
    Frankly, no one knows what rim knows or does not know about some bugs but solely reporting them here does not guarantee that rim will ever hear about them. They have their own forum where you can report issues. Whether and when they act or them will depend on how critical they are.
    04-11-12 04:55 PM
    I'll try to keep it brief.
    When you are typing with the on screen keyboard on a website just like CrackBerry.com, as you type, suggestions appear above where you're typing. The annoying part is:
    If you try to edit the text by clicking somewhere in the paragraph you just typed, the suggestions disappear and the screen moves down to fill the space of where the suggestions used to be. Then you start typing to correct a word or add a sentence and the suggestions appear again, moving the page up. It's very annoying for me and I'm sure others agree.
    Another annoying part of typing is when you click the blue edit arrow thing, the "cancle, copy, cut" options often display ontop of the word you are trying to edit.
    Does RIM realize this so it will be fixed? Or should I contact them about it so that they may try to fix it in the next update?
    I don't want any useless comments saying RIM won't care or anything, I just want normal helpful replies.
    This is easy to fix. In your Settings Menu under Keyboard you have the option to disable predictions and autotext.
    04-11-12 04:58 PM
    I want the predictions to be there, I just wish that didn't happen. I wish it didn't adjust the screen when the suggestions are there
    04-11-12 06:08 PM
    I hate that blue arrow!
    04-11-12 06:10 PM
    My thoughts on this is Rim should have put the touch screen menu from the blackberrys on the PB. You could hover then select the option say "select" and go from there. So if you touch the screen the cursor moves to that spot. I do find the UI in input field or documents to be sucky.
    04-11-12 06:27 PM
    The generally annoying thing about the PB user interface is that the user often seems to be at the bottom of the priority. The priority should be to have whatever is facing the user to make sense from the user's viewpoint. I find lots of instances with the PB where that is sadly lacking. The OP's comments should be taken to heart. The RIM engineering approach seems to be "explain to us why you need this"... it should be "explain to me why this makes sense to the user".
    04-11-12 08:30 PM
    The generally annoying thing about the PB user interface is that the user often seems to be at the bottom of the priority. The priority should be to have whatever is facing the user to make sense from the user's viewpoint. I find lots of instances with the PB where that is sadly lacking. The OP's comments should be taken to heart. The RIM engineering approach seems to be "explain to us why you need this"... it should be "explain to me why this makes sense to the user".
    Could you please give us some examples? The UI itself is very good and clean. Things move very fast. When it comes to txt is where the UI was just slung together.
    I don't feel like rim needs to explain what they where thinking about bezel gesters etc.
    04-11-12 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD