Today my PB acted unusually weird. I have had my PB since October 2, 2011. This morning when I turned it on (fully charged) it came on but the screen froze. Could not get screen to move one way or the other. Tried turning it off without success for about 15 minutes or so. Took it to work to try to resolve issue and charged PB for about an hour. After which I was able to get it back on. I was very happy. Used it for about two hours and decide that I should charge it again. Turned PB back on just before leaving work and then the next weird thing occurred . PB came on and it began to opened files, games, took pictures, turned on music, even tried to open a security certificate all without any assistance from me. I was in a panic mode at that time trying to turn this darn thing off. Got it turned off and took it back to Best Buy Geeks for their assessment. First thing out of their month was RIM was having issues with blackout. "I cannot share with you what I told them". I was able to talk with a non Geek who owned a PB and we discussed the issue as you can guess the PB did none of the weird stuff came on just like usual. We determine that it was probably an OS bug and that I should go home and reload OS. Have not reloaded OS as I will give it a few days more if nothing else happens I will keep it. All is currently well and functioning as usual. Sorry for long dialogue. Just wanted to share my day with my PB.
    10-13-11 07:38 PM
    10-13-11 07:51 PM
    ish happens sometimes..... glad its working now tho...
    10-13-11 07:53 PM
    The only time that I've had weird stuff like that happen is when I tried using an off-brand charger and when I've had my Playbook near a high electromagnetic field. Other than those two times....no problems whatsoever. This is one incredibly beautiful tablet and has become an extension of myself, kinda like my arm!
    10-13-11 08:01 PM
    If I see one more person say the playbook was affected by the RIM blackout my head is going to explode like chrisy's! It's a wifi device which can't be affected by RIM's outage other then the way it is bridged to the phone which was.

ARRRRRRGGGGGG!
    KQ9 likes this.
    10-13-11 08:06 PM
    If your PB like most touch screen tablets is plugged in while using, you could have a static charge from poor grounding. This can cause unusual behavior where you touch one part of screen but it registers on another part thus causing apps to open that have not been tapped etc. Courser can jump around like some one else has control etc.... This happens when PB is mounted in my work truck and plugged in. iPad, Xoom, Flyer, HP 500 slate all have done it too.
    trshaw likes this.
    10-13-11 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD