Please be gentle. I am the proud new owner of a 32gb PB & use a 9650 from USCC. Bottom line is I want to utilize free tethering & I am severly tech challenged & my 12 y/o grandson is to busy to show me how to set it up. I have downloaded the bridge on both devices & paired them but can't seem to tether when I'm on the go away from WiFi. Today I downloaded Rroyyo OTA to my 9650. Now what? I see quite a few versions of Rroyyo to choose from & do I need to also download Rroyyo to the PB ? I have read I need to remove the Bridge Apps in order to utilize Rroyyo. If someone will be kind enough to take the time to give me step by step instructions I promise to "pay it forward". Or I'm certainly open to other suggestions. I am not a heavy data user & will go nowhere near my cap. I just want to avoid paying an extra monthly fee in order to utilize a bigger screen essentially. Thank you for your time
    03-12-12 10:13 PM
    Found this from the Blackberry Support page...
    You can also go here... and in the search, put install Blackberry Bridge..
    BlackBerry Technical Solution Center

1. Install the BlackBerry Bridge application on the BlackBerry smartphone
    2. On the BlackBerry PlayBook click on the Gear symbol at top right
    3. Scroll down and Click on the BlackBerry Bridge menu
    4. Click on Setup
    5. Enter a name for the BlackBerry PlayBook (if a name is there you can leave it) and then click Next
    6. Click on Continue
    7. Click Manual Pairing
    8. On the BlackBerry smartphone click on the BlackBerry Bridge application
    9. Click on Add New Tablet
    10. Click on Manual Pairing
    11. Click on the BlackBerry PlayBook name that was provided in step 5
    12. Make sure the pairing numbers displayed on the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry smartphone match and then click Yes on both devices
    Last edited by jafobabe; 03-13-12 at 08:40 AM.
    Spencerdl, LMG1963 and Willard814 like this.
    03-12-12 10:31 PM
    Excellent jafobabe......excellent, GOOD job
    jafobabe and Willard814 like this.
    03-12-12 10:37 PM
    On your phone, you should have deleted the bridge app that was there... and then download the one from rroyy, for the same OS that is on your phone..
    Then you can start the steps.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 03-12-12 at 10:40 PM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-12-12 10:38 PM
    Excellent jafobabe......excellent, GOOD job
    Thanks Darlin' !
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-12-12 10:39 PM
    On your phone, you should have deleted the bridge app that was there... and then download the one from rroyy, for the same OS that is on your phone..
    Then you can start the steps.
    Do I need to perform the same on the PB as well? Geez I hate to appear stupid but this tech stuff drives me nuts. Since I have a 9650 do I need to select BB Bridge OS6 from Rroyy ? Thanks again
    03-13-12 07:35 AM
    The PB has the bridge software built in and there is nothing to download on that end.
    You may have OS5 on your phone. To see what OS your phone is using On OS6 you would click the options then device then about device versions. It's probably similar on OS5.
    Delete the bridge app and restart the phone before installing a different bridge app.
    03-13-12 08:02 AM
    I have OS6 on the 9650. I have removed the bridge app from it. So I now download OS6 from Rroyyo? Then what do I need to do to set up tethering?
    03-13-12 08:22 AM
    I have OS6 on the 9650. I have removed the bridge app from it. So I now download OS6 from Rroyyo? Then what do I need to do to set up tethering?
    Yes, download the OS6 bridge app using your phone, and going to RROYY - APPLICATIONS www(dot)rroyy(dot)com .... then follow the steps I posted above... you will then be bridged. You do NOT use Internet Tethering (that would cause extra data charges from AT&T).
    Last edited by jafobabe; 03-13-12 at 08:56 AM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-13-12 08:28 AM
    Yes, bridge version 2.0.0.25 OS6. It's under applications on his site.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-13-12 08:28 AM
    After you download the RROYY Bridge to your phone, follow the very detailed and simplified steps in Post # 2 above. (The setup icon that is referred to in step 2 is the icon in the very top right portion of the Playbook.)
    03-13-12 08:30 AM
    Step 2 click the GEAR in top right....scroll down to Blackberry Bridge, tap that.... tap on setup... that takes you to Step 5

It is really easier than it looks... just take your time.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 03-13-12 at 08:41 AM.
    03-13-12 08:34 AM
    Just wanted to say how refreshing it is to see a post like this that has meaning and helping out fellow playbook users. I commend you on a excellent job jafobabe..this is what I figure the crackberry nation is suppose to be instead of bashing other people's choices. As for being tech challenged Tulsarick...not to worry..me too..Lol..but there is no better place every to ask and get a good answer than here and in my short months here I have learned that there Are some great people out there and makes my proud to be a member of this group.
    03-13-12 08:45 AM
    Mae sure you have Bluetooth ON...

On the Playbook,
    Click the Gear again
    Click the Bluetooth
    Click Bluetooth Connectivity to ON
    Click Discoverable to ON

ok... I have to get to work. I will check back when I get home and see how you did. Other posters can help you if you need more steps to pair your phone with the Playbook if needed.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 03-13-12 at 09:02 AM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-13-12 08:50 AM
    Just wanted to say how refreshing it is to see a post like this that has meaning and helping out fellow playbook users. I commend you on a excellent job jafobabe..this is what I figure the crackberry nation is suppose to be instead of bashing other people's choices. As for being tech challenged Tulsarick...not to worry..me too..Lol..but there is no better place every to ask and get a good answer than here and in my short months here I have learned that there Are some great people out there and makes my proud to be a member of this group.
    +1

Crackberry is awesome and helpful members like you see in this thread are what keep me coming back for more!
    Willard814, jafobabe and LMG1963 like this.
    03-13-12 09:01 AM
    Just curious here, but doesn't the PB have a tethering app built in? <settings - internet tethering>. I use both bridge and tethering on my 9800 and both work fine using the built in apps.

Bridge for BES email/contacts and calendar on the 9800

Tethering for apps that can't use bridge and native email accounts
    03-13-12 09:22 AM
    Tethering with the PB will cost you here in the states. In my case about twice as much.
    Most carriers here don't include tethering or hotspot in data plans.
    Willard814 and jafobabe like this.
    03-13-12 09:25 AM
    Ditto ! And we have achieved liftoff. Now if I understand correctly I can tether(?) to my 9650 & use the PB as long as I have a data signal on my phone? And will incur no additional charges?Thanks again
    03-13-12 10:02 AM
    Tether and bridge are two different things. As long as you don't do anything in the Internet tethering settings of the PB you will be fine.
    Using the bridge app you will not incur any additional fees. To the carriers it looks as though the phone is using the data.
    Willard814 and jafobabe like this.
    03-13-12 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD