This is bar none the best browsing experience on a tablet. I own the Asus Prime as well (I am no tablet/OS hater, I like to own different things and play with everything) and I can say that the PB *still* is a better browser experience than this quad core beast. It is just smoother, faster, better.
    02-21-12 08:54 PM
    Took my browser about 12 seconds to load that page.
    02-21-12 08:58 PM
    My flash and java script were on when I loaded the page in 5 seconds. I've never turned off flash or java before.
    Last edited by drummer_god; 02-21-12 at 09:03 PM.
    02-21-12 08:59 PM
    im not sure, i did not see a speed increase, it still hangs like 30 seconds before fully loading

Slickdeals: The Best Deals, Coupons & Discounts on Laptops, Computers, LCDs, TVs, Dell, HP, Apple, Amazon

please guys, i am starting to think my playbook chipset has something wrong when its running javascript/flash, the native browser takes absolutely forever to load a page, can you guys click on the slickdeals.net link above and tell me approx how long the browser took to open it? Please make sure your flash/javascript is turned on. Thanks, for me its about 30-45 seconds, or same prior to the new 2.0
    Exactly 9 seconds till the bar was done loading. The new browser is wicked fast, although I have had it crash once already in 3 hours of browsing.
    02-21-12 09:03 PM
    all you guys have javascript/flash turned on, my browser is that fast approx 5-10sec for slickdeals.net to load with java/flash off,

but it takes a good 30-45 secs with it on
    Took 9 seconds with a crappy 1meg connection, java/flash on and with 4 tabs already opened.
    02-21-12 09:07 PM
    About 12 seconds. My DSL (wifi) is only about 1Mbps.
    02-21-12 09:07 PM
    im not sure, i did not see a speed increase, it still hangs like 30 seconds before fully loading

Slickdeals: The Best Deals, Coupons & Discounts on Laptops, Computers, LCDs, TVs, Dell, HP, Apple, Amazon

please guys, i am starting to think my playbook chipset has something wrong when its running javascript/flash, the native browser takes absolutely forever to load a page, can you guys click on the slickdeals.net link above and tell me approx how long the browser took to open it? Please make sure your flash/javascript is turned on. Thanks, for me its about 30-45 seconds, or same prior to the new 2.0
    I have everything on and that site takes about 6 seconds to fully load. Another heavy site you can really test a browser is louisvuitton.com that site used to be unusable now it works great. Very flash heavy site
    02-21-12 09:11 PM
    The browser is on steroids!! I design web apps using jquery mobile before the browser render the page transition effect poorly, but now in 2.0 it was buttery smooth!!!! I love it good job rim!
    02-21-12 09:20 PM
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat,

maybe there is something wrong with my PB, i just tried louisvuitton.com, it took about 30 secs to pop up the stoopid "where are you located question"

then another 30-45secs to load the webpage,

i was really hoping os 2.0 would fix my browser lagg, guess i will have to RMA my 2nd PB now since something is really wrong with all you guys launching those sites in like 10 secs.

oh and its not my internet speed, these websites load fast on my laptop and my htc evo using dolphin HD
    02-21-12 09:21 PM
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat,

maybe there is something wrong with my PB, i just tried louisvuitton.com, it took about 30 secs to pop up the stoopid "where are you located question"

then another 30-45secs to load the webpage,

i was really hoping os 2.0 would fix my browser lagg, guess i will have to RMA my 2nd PB now since something is really wrong with all you guys launching those sites in like 10 secs.

oh and its not my internet speed, these websites load fast on my laptop and my htc evo using dolphin HD
    Have you tried to wipe and load os2 fresh? There is definitely something off if that slickdeals.net. Site is taking that long
    02-21-12 09:25 PM
    for some odd reason my browsing experience got from good to awesome. I don't know why but I won't complain eh
    02-21-12 09:31 PM

Took about six seconds before I could navigate and twelve seconds until the blue bar finished up top.
    02-21-12 10:46 PM
    Took about six seconds before I could navigate and twelve seconds until the blue bar finished up top.
    Same for me too. Also double checked that Flash was enabled...
    02-21-12 10:49 PM
    With the new OS 2.0, I was able to go back and turn it on to my Linksys-N router. My Playbook loaded that Louisvuitton site in about 7 seconds. Really incredible. This is really the Playbook differentiator. Just want apps now. New email, contacts, and calendar are fantastic.
    02-21-12 11:07 PM
    can someone please check if they are able to open / play this :

Exhibition Slog: Play Stick Cricket Games - Stick Sports

not working on my browser. I think I should security wipe but everything else works so fantastically well.
    02-21-12 11:17 PM
    Also playbook 1.0 had that annoying habit of hanging at the end, now my wifi browsing is freaking insane. I was able to load kevin's playbook review page (you guys know that it's quite the epistle) a couple seconds faster that my imac today. I was like wtf! This isn't right.

Trust me, I know a thing or two about crappy internet... I live in the Caribbean so I'm sitting out on all that 4g and LTE epicness. I am posting this msg, via bridge on an EDGE connection and I'm really satisfied.
    02-22-12 12:32 AM

not working on my browser. I think I should security wipe but everything else works so fantastically well.

Loads in 3 seconds - the speed has improved enormously from 1-2, and. As mentioned no annoying lag time at the end.
    02-22-12 12:52 AM
    all you guys have javascript/flash turned on, my browser is that fast approx 5-10sec for slickdeals.net to load with java/flash off,

but it takes a good 30-45 secs with it on
    Yes. 10 seconds confirmed with all on (js, flash) and 2 tabs. 1mbps wifi.
    02-22-12 12:54 AM

sorry. Should have used the reply function....see above reply for clarification!
    Hawkeberry likes this.
    02-22-12 12:55 AM

Again all on, loaded nicely in 10 seconds or more (didn't bring any stopwatch). 1mbps wifi.
    Hawkeberry likes this.
    02-22-12 12:56 AM
    sorry. Should have used the reply function....see above reply for clarification!
    Again all on, loaded nicely in 10 seconds or more (didn't bring any stopwatch). 1mbps wifi.
    Thank you so much guys. So the flash game loads on the browser? this is terrific news. I need no apps now this is enough
    trinipoco likes this.
    02-22-12 01:34 AM
    I just realized that the html5test.com site got updated today. RIM OS 2 is the best browser around in my opinion
    02-22-12 01:56 AM
    If you have a look at:

thesixtyone - a music adventure

It's a perfect example of a website written with Javascript, HTML5 and FLASH and watch how easily the playbook handles it! It seriously is one of the most amazing mobile browsers out there!

It can only get better!
    02-22-12 02:32 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD