So, after numerous attempts guessing my password for wi-fi sharing of files, I gave up and did a security wipe to start all over again (i'm pretty sure I was entering the correct password)

This time, I wrote down the password and used only lower case letters. Now, when I try the password, again, it says I am incorrect. Completely insane since I am typing in the correct password.

Any help?
    10-18-11 01:48 PM
    Best advice- don't use a password, disable it and try it again. It works fine for me to share files between PB and my laptop (guessing thats what you are trying to do).
    10-18-11 01:50 PM
    another security wipe?

is this a bug with the PB in terms trying to use the password?
    10-18-11 02:00 PM
    Shouldn't be I have a password and it works fine for me. You are typing:

//<ip address>

Then it prompts you for a username and password. Maybe you are using the incorrect username?
    10-18-11 02:03 PM
    I'm entering the right username (default is playbook) and correct password.

So, I try disabling the password but can't because the PB won't accept the password EVEN THOUGH IT IS CORRECT
    10-18-11 02:17 PM
    I have the same problem since day one with my playbook on my imac. I can connect as guest. But it's just keep gnawing at me that I cannot connect as me. I have no idea what password it was looking for. Is it from my blackberry account or my imac account?
    Last edited by bambinoitaliano; 07-11-12 at 07:53 PM.
    07-11-12 07:26 PM
    Is Network Magic involved. If so, have to work with it.

Are you matching the level of Wifi security on your Playbook to the on your network?

Have you looked at the Newbie thread, including the WMM settings. I had to change those to keep a good connection, which is different from your problem of not being able to connect
    07-11-12 07:57 PM
    I'm a bit confused. You can reboot your PB, and enter your password, and the PB will start up. You can come out of standby and enter your password, and it will work fine. You can try to enter development mode and enter your password, and the PB will accept it. But when you try to disable the password in security settings on your PB, the PB prompts you for your password, you enter it, and it tells you your password is incorrect?
    OK- nevermind- I see this thread is 8 months old.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 07-11-12 at 08:27 PM.
    07-11-12 08:24 PM
    i'm having this same issue any help please ??
    01-08-13 06:50 AM
    Okay, hopefully, this won't be a hint to my password. The one I use is all lower case letters and is more than 4 characters long. Are the problematic passwords less characters or using odd symbols or?????
    01-08-13 08:56 AM
    If it's asking for username and password try "playbook" without quotes as username and your normal password.

Please let us know if this works, and kudos to welshyyyyy for posting this tip yesterday.
    01-08-13 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD