I have 2 gmail-accounts, set these both on my playbook. Since yesterday the playbook keeps asking me for my password for my second account. The other one is standard.

I tried to reset the password on the desktop and logging in again, that doesn't help.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this or what might be the cause?

Thanks
    08-13-12 06:23 AM
    I've had the same issue off and on for the past month or so.
    08-13-12 06:50 AM
    I do not have that issue with my Gmail accounts, but there a couple of other threads in here with suggestions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eir-pb-738192/
    2stroke17 likes this.
    08-13-12 07:03 AM
    Do you guys have 2-step verification turned on?
    08-13-12 07:21 AM
    same here!

Kept asking for my pass and i kept tipping it until i got fed up with it and just pressed cancel!

It stopped.

Today,

It started again...

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-13-12 07:33 AM
    I dont like 2-step config, they want my phone number then. Like just that bit of privacy yet.
    08-13-12 07:50 AM
    2 step will solve the problem.
    08-13-12 08:02 AM
    I had the same problem. I had item specific password set through Google I had to go in and delete the Playbook password and create a new one one. If you enter that password (its a twelve digit Google generated one) into the password box you should be good to go.
    08-13-12 08:19 AM
    I dont like 2-step config, they want my phone number then. Like just that bit of privacy yet.
    Oh, is that true? I know that about every 3rd or 4th time, gmail asks if I want safer account recovery and wants my mobile phone number. I less and less politely slam the NO button. So now they want it to setup a password in this 2-step process. Privacy is almost dead, not quite, but getting there! Besides, I'm sure if google wants my various phone numbers they probably already have it or the tools to get it, but I'm not helping them.
    2stroke17 likes this.
    08-13-12 09:02 AM
    I've been getting this nonstop today.
    08-13-12 11:20 AM
    I am having the same problem one account is working fine the other one started asking constantly for the password.
    08-13-12 11:58 AM
    Yes same here, I thought it has something to do with the new update....cuzz it never did that before the update...my yahoo account on the other hand always asked for my pass word intermittently....I think that's why they pulled the 668 update for those reasons...
    08-13-12 12:13 PM
    Had it happen once lastnight and twice this morning. Entered the password and it hasn't happened since.
    This also occured a couple of months ago not sure what I did to correct the issue.
    It never happens on any of my mobiles I have the same email accounts on both, but the playbook only has this issue.
    08-13-12 04:44 PM
    Yes same here, I thought it has something to do with the new update....cuzz it never did that before the update...my yahoo account on the other hand always asked for my pass word intermittently....I think that's why they pulled the 668 update for those reasons...

Naa, this was happening for me months before 668.
    08-13-12 04:47 PM
    Quite possibly co-incidence, but this just started happening to me yesterday too. Most annoying.
    08-13-12 07:56 PM
    Try to change the description of the email account that you have set up.

For Gmail, the default description is "Gmail". If you have set it up already, remove the account and add it again, but use a different description, such as "Gmail1", and see if the problem still exists.
    08-17-12 09:01 AM
    I've had this happen on every one of our PB's in the family at one time or another. Go to accounts.google.com/displayunlockcaptcha on your PB's browser, then set up your e-mail password again. It worked for all of our PB's (but may come back after a while, in which case you repeat).
    08-17-12 10:09 AM
    Hello everyone...

For those of you having issues with Gmail or googlemail accounts on the PlayBook you need to log in to your Google account via a browser and configure a Application Specific password for your PlayBook.
    Google will create a random 16 digit password which you will need to use when configuring your Google account on the device.

I used my PlayBook to open this username / account. So I know it CAN be done and your emails, calendars, contacts can all be synched with this Beta version...

Good luck!
    08-17-12 10:31 AM
    Hello everyone...

For those of you having issues with Gmail or googlemail accounts on the PlayBook you need to log in to your Google account via a browser and configure a Application Specific password for your PlayBook.
    Google will create a random 16 digit password which you will need to use when configuring your Google account on the device.

I used my PlayBook to open this username / account. So I know it CAN be done and your emails, calendars, contacts can all be synched with this Beta version...

Good luck!
    I did this. Then disabled it. And have been issue-free ever since.
    08-17-12 10:40 AM
    Yeah it happened to me as well earlier in the week. Removing the account, restarting PlayBook, and re-adding it fixed it to me. No more issues.
    08-17-12 11:40 AM
    I've had this happen on every one of our PB's in the family at one time or another. Go to accounts.google.com/displayunlockcaptcha on your PB's browser, then set up your e-mail password again. It worked for all of our PB's (but may come back after a while, in which case you repeat).

Fixed it for me - no problems for over a day - great tip thanks
    08-18-12 07:38 PM
    That won't last. I've had two step verification since before the Playbook had a native client. I recently had to regenerate another application password and revoke the old one after the playbook started prompting for the password again. For the record, I don't think this is a Playbook problem, but this is on google. I've had other clients that do the same thing with needing regeneration.
    08-18-12 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD