Hi all,
    I know password questions get asked all the time, and I am sorry for this, - I did search a while back for this,
    My very close mate who is now not with us (PTSD related suicide) bought a playbook december 2012 in the sales, 64gb, Loved it, - he's an apple man! We lost him in August last year, the playbooks been sat dormant since, now, recently his wife broke her nexus tab and tried to use the playbook but none of the usual passwords work, we can't go through the usual password recovery route as the email account its reg'd on is not active any more,
    I am aware of the 10 attempts to wipe on the normal reset routine, But, ideally don't want to go that route unless there is no other option as am sure he has some pictures etc on there that we would like to back up first??
    Is there any way to be able to get the password retrieved or is it simply going to have to be a 10 times and start again??

Many thanks for any help in advance, especially on the forever asked password questions! ;-)

Timmo.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 02:16 PM
    If your friend had enabled wifi file sharing on his playbook and had not password protected this function (this is different than the general playbook password), you should be able to access the Playbook's file system through wifi from your PC to back up any files that you want to keep. After this, though, you'll have to wipe the playbook.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-25-14 03:22 PM